Kuzma 4 point

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hi, Rockitman,

Yes that is correct- that is the reason why is there a wire loop.

Hi Franc!

Welcome to WBF!

Maybe we can start another thread and you can talk a little about your new cartridges?

FKUZMA

Feb 10, 2014
Hi,

Thank you and I would be glad to join some of the debates.

Just to add an extra information in debate about the differences between 4Point and Stogi Ref 313 VTA tone arms.
In Stogi Ref 313VTA tone arms we use best available steel ball bearings. In tone arms supplied since March 2012 we started using ceramic ball bearings. These have lower noise floor and lower starting friction- thus improving performance of this arm. This change was revealed in July 2012.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Welcome Franc!

This is a great board. You'll enjoy reading and posting here.

Last edited:

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Hi,

being a designer of Kuzma 4Point tonearm I would like to clarify confusion regarding how is done wire loop on this tonearm.
Photo on post #52 is correct: All 4Point tonearms always had big wire loop in this position when tonearm is set up for use.
Tonearm 4Point does not have detachable cable so during transport cable is secured on small pin on armwand with tube to avoid any forces on thin wire loop.
Thus makes it easy and safe to handle during transport and mounting. But after you insert armwand with tube onto bearing, you release screw which holds black metal cable holder on pin and reposition it on second pin which is on VTA tower support.

Welcome to WBF Franc. Thanks for clearing that up. That is a smart way to protect the wiring during initial setup.

Looks like a very well designed arm. Hope to give it a listen in the future.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Hi Franc, and welcome. It will be interesting to hear people's reactions to the CAR-50 cartridge coming this week, being mounted on the 4Point for demo. One is sold...

Vermin

Nov 4, 2014
Norway
Hi!
Is there any first hand experience with both 4Point and Triplanar MKVII?
I currently own a Triplanar but i´m considering replacing it with a 4Point.
Is the 4Point a "faster" and more "in your face" tonearm than the Triplanar?

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Hi!

I lived with the Kuzma Stabi Reference/Triplanar VII/Benz LP-S and Kuzma XL4/Triplanar VII/LP-S combination for years. Triplanar is a great tonearm, no doubt about that but 4Point is simply in a different league - on a much higher level. Triplanar can not touch 4Point in ANY sonic (or any other) department! OK, you may consider it visually more attractive if you will ;) but in comparison to 4Point it sounds obsolete, slow and thin and no, 4Point is does not sound "in your face" per se. If a recording is in your face, well, 4Point will reveal that. It has much less character than Triplanar. Please read Fremer's review in Stereophile. I agree with everything he said.

Last edited:

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
I lived with the Kuzma Stabi Reference/Triplanar VII/Benz LP-S and Kuzma XL4/Triplanar VII/LP-S combination for years. Triplanar is a great tonearm, no doubt about that but 4Point is simply in a different league - on a much higher level. Triplanar can not touch 4Point in ANY sonic (or any other) department! OK, you may consider it more attractive if you will ;) but in comparison to 4Point it sounds obsolete, slow and thin and no, 4Point is does not sound "in your face" per se. If a recording is in your face, well, 4Point will reveal that. It has much less character than Triplanar. Please read Fremer's review in Stereophile. I agree with everything he said.

Welcome Franc--I've spoken to you at the shows and enjoy your products--and know Scotty M also--kudos to your products--yes as noted I agree totally with the comments re the 4Point--it is in my observations sonically purer to the Triplanar/ Graham /etc--even Mr.Fremer says so over the latter!

Incidentally would love to hear a Techdas AF1 and 2 with the Kuzma 4point rather than the Graham--that would be something.

Good Listening

BruceD

Last edited:

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Hi!

The TriPlanar is a fine arm which tends toward the warm side. The mid bass is a bit overdone, and with a cartridge which is already heavy in that area it can be too much. The highs are a bit rolled off. The 4Point is more neutral across the spectrum, more detailed and dynamic but not in-your-face.

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
The TriPlanar is a fine arm which tends toward the warm side. The mid bass is a bit overdone, and with a cartridge which is already heavy in that area it can be too much. The highs are a bit rolled off. The 4Point is more neutral across the spectrum, more detailed and dynamic but not in-your-face.

Interesting what you say about the bass. It is well known that Kuzma Stabi Reference/Triplanar Vll is "a match made in heaven". Years ago we also made a direct comparison between Kuzma Stabi Reference/Triplanar Vll and Kuzma Stabi Reference/4Point combinations, both with Benz LP. Well, improvements weren't that great considering a HUGE difference on the other side when I substituted Triplanar for 4Point on my XL4 turntable. I was simply shocked at the improvement it made, most notably in the bass region where Triplanar was weak and thin and all other aspects of reproduction were greatly improved too as I indicated earlier. So, obviously the turntable pays a major role how extensive improvements the 4Point will bring to the sound.

Vermin

Nov 4, 2014
Norway
Thank you all for your kind replies! Really a positive and interesting forum this....!

I currently own one Triplanar MKVII, One SME IV.iv and one Kuzma Stogi.
You guys just made me order a 4point as well! Hopefully it won't take more than a week for it to arrive.

My vdh Colibri docent work as well in the Triplanar arm, its to soft i suppose. So that one will most definitively do its job in the 4point.
Will try out my friends Dynavector XV-1s in the Triplanar and I'm hoping for a better result.
My SME IV is just pure enjoyment with the Grasshopper XGP. Smooth and warm. So that will stay as it is.

Thanks guys, you just costed me a lot of money :p

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Interesting what you say about the bass.
I spoke only of the TriPlanar's mid bass. As you know, the 4Point's bass is remarkable, and the arm acquits itself very well on a wide range of turntables, including the Stabi Reference.

Vermin

Nov 4, 2014
Norway
Well now, it seems i will need them both. They are truly wonderful, and has both ups and downs imho.

image.jpg

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Nice Vermin. Congrats.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Kuzma 4point goes into editing after the Onedof table. Also, the Kuzma is having an addendum shoot on the excellent Triangle Art Signature. This table is on the efficient frontier...

View attachment 6662

Interesting, reminds me of my days at UChicago

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Anyone knows what is the current US retail for Kuzma XL4 with single arm base, PSU and 4 point arm with silver wiring ?

I tried http://eliteavdist.com/contact.cfm but their contact form is not working.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Anyone knows what is the current US retail for Kuzma XL4 with single arm base, PSU and 4 point arm with silver wiring ?

I tried http://eliteavdist.com/contact.cfm but their contact form is not working.

Since you are in Poland you should contact the distributor there, listed on the Kuzma website. Prices may vary from region to region, so US prices may not be relevant.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Just trying to learn the US retail, thanks.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Just trying to learn the US retail, thanks.

Let's just say it's between 35 and 40k and leave it at that. How is it relevant? People who buy systems at this level are not focusing so much on the price tag. They buy them because they provide immense listening pleasure and are thoughtfully designed and made to deliver consistently excellent and reliable performance for many years, and they tend to consider such a purchase a final one. A big Kuzma is not a stepping stone.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing