Kuzma 4 point

FKUZMA

Feb 10, 2014
In Europe we have sales tax which is from 15- 25% while in USA is if I am correct between 0-10%. Therefore you can not compare prices and just lately happened that EUR lost value against USD for about 10%.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I'm sorry, but is that a secret ? It has always been my understanding, that retail prices of hi-fi gear are public.

I do not want to buy the TT, not to mention import one from the US - I'm a digital guy to the core. I just wanted to learn the price. That is all. Is that a crime ?

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
I'm sorry, but is that a secret ? It has always been my understanding, that retail prices of hi-fi gear are public.

I do not want to buy the TT, not to mention import one from the US - I'm a digital guy to the core. I just wanted to learn the price. That is all. Is that a crime ?

I gave you a range, which is sufficient, especially in your case.

Oscar Wilde wrote, "What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Kuzma - the only Hi-End company that made their pricelist a secret, LOL.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Thank you !

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
Hello,
Did someone make direct comparisons between Airline and 4Point with the same turntable and cartridge?

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
Hello,
Did someone make direct comparisons between Airline and 4Point with the same turntable and cartridge?

Yes, I did.
I did own the Airline and know it very well. One of my friends had it also and a 4P, both on same table, same Phono Stage etc. In both Arms we did use the same cartridge (I think it was Lyra Titan i but it is some time ago and I can't find a pic from it right now).
We thought, the Airline showed a much better presentation, a better flow and a kind of speed with ballet music which was right, the 4P was slow and anemic in comparison. There wasn't one sonic area where we thought, it can show something new.
I never looked back and my friend sold it a few weeks later. But others may think different.

Last edited:

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
More power to those who run the air line arm... Running air compressors for a tonearm isn't in the cards for me.

One question for 4P owners regarding damping oil. I haven't experimented with damping oil in either of the 4P troughs thus far, and am wondering how others think about it. The calculated resonance frequency of my arm/cart combo is right where it "should" be and for this reason I haven't thought to try further damping. But I'm curious if others have tried it - what were you trying to accomplish? Was it purely subjective? What did you find the audible affect of damping oil in the top vs bottom troughs to be? (Sure I could just "try it and see" but I'm curious to read some feedback before bothering... Thanks!

rossb

May 24, 2017
I'm also interested in this question, having just acquired the 4 Point. I used it briefly without damping oil and it sounded very good. I then added damping oil and adjusted the paddles to be only minimally immersed in the oil - perhaps 1mm or slightly less. This sounded marginally better, without sounding slow or over-damped. It sounded excellent, so I did not bother experimenting further. I would be curious to know what others have found.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Bazelio, I believe some day to day issues the Airline has is down to needing high PSI, 60-70.
My air bearing Terminator linear tracker is only 2-3 PSI, and I’m sure this contributes to a fuss-free day to day experience.
I keep my air pump outside the listening room.
But yes I agree, running an air arm requires more “commitment” from the user.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
I'm also interested in this question, having just acquired the 4 Point. I used it briefly without damping oil and it sounded very good. I then added damping oil and adjusted the paddles to be only minimally immersed in the oil - perhaps 1mm or slightly less. This sounded marginally better, without sounding slow or over-damped. It sounded excellent, so I did not bother experimenting further. I would be curious to know what others have found.

Well that's somewhat encouraging. What does "better" mean in your case? Which cartridge are you using?

I'll have to order some oil, but may as well give it a shot.

Last edited:

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Well that's somewhat encouraging. What does "better" mean in your case? Which cartridge are you using?

I'll have to order some oil, but may as well give it a shot.

The Oil paddle /damping conundrum one that is mixed blessing I've found --SME touted it as a near must do--

but frankly never felt it was a go 90% anyway over the years I used the Arms trying oil/in/out-- also I found the viscosity changed with Humidity/Cold in the room--

I had the K 4Point with a Madake MC and never needed the "bath" as my test "torture" Lps all played superbly with no quirks--so stayed as is.YVMV.

But hey try some Goo it may work for you :)

BruceD

rossb

May 24, 2017

This was with a Van den Hul Black Beauty. I took the view that Franc Kuzma put it there for a reason so it was worth trying. I didn't do any critical comparisons before and after. I have a slight sense of better tracking with the damping, but it could just be placebo. Whether or not it is doing anything, it sounds great, so I am happy.

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
I stumbled upon this interesting review of 4Point14…

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing