Lamm ML3 + LL1, at last!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Please don't join the horn brigade, I need some means to pass time

Still prefer electrostatics, the Soundlab's and the ESL63 are resting in the garage ...

But I can't exclude trying some horns long before you listen to your system. ;)

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am sure if the cables are that good micro can trade in transparent, Odin, crystal, and vdh

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
so is all of your equipment.

Yes, but I have access to retail list prices of all my equipment. Please understand that I am not questioning the value , but I dislike private or hidden price lists. Surely YMMV.

Reactions: tima and BruceD

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I am sure if the cables are that good micro can trade in transparent, Odin, crystal, and vdh

If I had Odin II I would never trade them - I have listened to them and found them superb. But the pricing is really obscene, particularly as I need long IC's ... BTW, all my cables except the Transparent digital and power were bough used.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I haven't read all the posts micro. Have you tried them on your Quads?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I haven't read all the posts micro. Have you tried them on your Quads?

No Jack. I tried them on the Soundlab's and it was not a good experience.

The ESL63's need power in my room. They sounded very good with the M1.2R ...

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
If I had Odin II I would never trade them - I have listened to them and found them superb. But the pricing is really obscene, particularly as I need long IC's ... BTW, all my cables except the Transparent digital and power were bough used.
Personally I think it is difficult to say that one cable is superb as it is so system dependent... Whenever i change speakers I inevitably have to change speaker cables to match.

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
I would like to listen to them, but with a system that I could believe that can give your cables a fair opportunity to shine.

But before taking any action I would need to see a retail price list of your cables - I never try something that I do not know the price. And as far as I guess, the Ultra's are really expensive.
Well if your using the same amps as Steve with XLF they will shine lol

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well if your using the same amps as Steve with XLF they will shine lol

I wish Micro would try the MB cables. For me and my ears these cables have brought my system to a place I never felt possible, so much so I was going to buy new speakers but lost all desires to do such

Reactions: Leif S

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
I wish Micro would try the MB cables. For me and my ears these cables have brought my system to a place I never felt possible, so much so I was going to buy new speakers but lost all desires to do such
Dammit........I should of brought you speakers first lol

Steve Williams

Dammit........I should of brought you speakers first lol

It was you who said to me after hearing the system with MB cables that you really wanted to sell me a set of speakers but in your opinion there was just no need"

Reactions: Leif S

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

Steve,

during my last visit to your place in December it was clear your system had taken a solid step forward. your cables and footers were mostly the only differences (besides your new server). you did remove the subwoofer cabinets too (but that difference would have been trivial).

anyway; i'm not a cable snob as i've really not gone 'hog wild' on spendy cables (my darts like my EA 'zeel' cables just fine) but have to give credit where it's due.

OTOH i have gone hog wild on anti-resonance control, so there is that part.

i certainly did not think you needed to change your speakers either. they were sounding superb.

Steve Williams

OTOH have gone hog wild on anti-resonance control, so there is that part.

so have I Mike only I took a different path to achieve such. I use CMS racks and CS feet. The change in sonic quality using MB cable and CS feet for my Extreme took was so dramatic that I know it even caught Emile’s attention.

Reactions: jeff1225

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Last edited:

Steve Williams

I'm watching the local news stations now in LA and they are all asking who were the other 4. I heard initially it was only Kobe but here in LA the local media are dancing around the issue. I hope they are wrong and his daughters were with his wife

Steve Williams

Sorry this is in the wrong forum guys as I don't even know where I am now. I apologize as the posts were started in the sports forum. I apologize again but in my part of the world there is no way to describe a tragedy like this

I truly don't know how I posted here. I'm totally in shock about this

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Steve,

I explained several times that the absence of remote is also one was one of the weakness of my SWOT analysis of the LL1 / ML3 combo, and my laziness could become a strong threat to them.

As long I do not manage to find a buyer for the LL1/ML3 in Europe everything is open - I have been in this hobby time enough to know that those who claim to have an open mind can change their opinions without feeling embarrassed. :) But IMHO there is a limit to our capacity to consider new products - in a short time the AF1 Premium and the Extreme obliged me to make some changes around them, this moment is not ideal to try new cables. The logistics of trying such expensive cables can not be ignored.

And just when I had told nothing else would enter my room the Marantz Project T1 entered my room ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing