Lampizator Baltic 4 owners question.

FT251

Jan 22, 2022
I know this DAC has been discussed in here but i am contemplating my next move here. I recently replaced my VAC tubed preamp and Amp with a new Coda S5.5. And now I am running my Dinafrips Venus II DAC directly into my Legacy Wavelet II which is being used as the Preamp/crossover/room DSP unit. I feel I would like to introduce a little tube flavor to the mix and to do that I have 2 options:
1. Get a new tubed preamp. Candidates are Aric Audio Motherload XL and Spacial Audio Raven
2. Get a Baltic 4 and run the XLRs into the Wavelet to get some tubes in the path.

So for those that own this DAC will it add the tube flavor I am seeking? I am looking for the bit of bloom and holographic nature tubes add to the signal. The Coda amp is stellar but I feel the Wavelet preamp is a bit of a change from the VAC. I think a bit of tubes somewhere will make it Juuuust right.

WOW, after nearly 2 weeks no one has any feedback on this.

Reactions: Massimo66
Somehow missed your original post.
IMO, the B4 (depending on the tube choice) will do what your seeking.
It has a bit of warmth with a big , wide and holographic presentation.
While I do not have a Wavelet, I have heard a Lampizator in a system with a Wavelet and Legacy speakers.
That system was VERY musical, not shrill nor analytical. No listener fatigue.

Reactions: FT251
Somehow missed your original post.
IMO, the B4 (depending on the tube choice) will do what your seeking.
It has a bit of warmth with a big , wide and holographic presentation.
While I do not have a Wavelet, I have heard a Lampizator in a system with a Wavelet and Legacy speakers.
That system was VERY musical, not shrill nor analytical. No listener fatigue.
Thank you very much for that answer, appreciated.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing