Lampizator Horizon Network bridge suggestions

Pidge22

Sep 13, 2022
Am looking at a Lampizator Horizon Dac & a couple of quetions if I may
Firstly can I also ask are the stock tubes it comes with good as I am not really into tube rolling.
Also i intend to stream Qobuz through it & play my 600 or so stored Albums al in FLAC & I listen to internet radio a lot so was considering a suitable bridge/streamer I know Lampizator are pushing Taiko but thats a bit expensive for me.They have also been using anothe Polish brand Lucas Audio Labs at shows etc & wondered what the thoughts are on this or any othe resonably priced streamer/network bridges I could consider.
I dont want to spend that kind of money on a DAC & find its not effective as it could be as the network bridge is not upto the job..
Thanks for any feedback given...

Last edited:
Am looking at a Lampizator Horizon Dac & a couple of quetions if I may
Firstly can I also ask are the stock tubes it comes with good as I am not really into tube rolling.
Also i intend to stream Qobuz through it & play my 600 or so stored Albums al in FLAC & I listen to internet radio a lot so was considering a suitable bridge/streamer I know Lampizator are pushing Taiko but thats a bit expensive for me.They have also been using anothe Polish brand Lucas Audio Labs at shows etc & wondered what the thoughts are on this or any othe resonably priced streamer/network bridges I could consider.
I dont want to spend that kind of money on a DAC & find its not effective as it could be as the network bridge is not upto the job..
Thanks for any feedback given...

The stock tubes already sound amazing. As many have mentioned in the Horizon tube rolling thread, "there's no bad tubes for the Horizon" -- a lot of truth in this. Tube rolling is the icing on the cake and you can always do this later on; I'd also suggest reaching out to your local dealer and/or Lukasz Fikus regarding your system and have his recommendation of stock tubes.

While you don't have to buy a Taiko, there's something to be said for how everything matters, and the Horizon deserves a good streamer. I'd recommend reading these forums and looking at individuals' systems to get a sense of who uses what, and reaching out to folks to ask them how they decided; we're all a friendly bunch :)

Reactions: cdka and Golum
You could also just start with a Volumio Rivo. Will do Flac and Qobus and just about all there is. $1000 and dead essy to use. Won the Eisa award 2023/2024 for best streamer in its pricerange.

It’ll coax 85-90 % out of the dac. And you will be all smiles.
Then… when you have used this for some time, you can audition a better streamer/bridge and you will IF need be see the usefullness in spending the big cash on a top contender.
And IF it does not beat the Volumio, well - arent you a happy chap then …

If had a budget which wouldn’t support a $50k DAC and $25k+ server I would not get the $50k DAC and allocate more to the server. The DAC can only do so much with respect to noise rejection and that’s a big component of maximizing digital sound.

I have auditioned a few servers and they all do fine with the Horizon.
Servers are complicated. I have researched upgrading for a long time and am still waiting. Servers have a software element as well, which is very relevant to how you experience listening.

The stock tubes sound okay. But knowing what I do now, I wouldn’t want to stick with them for very long. If you are going to spend 50k on a dac, why not spend a few more k for some much better tubes?

Last edited:
I consider the Rose RS130 to be one of the very best streamers and by Horizon pricing it's a bargain.

Reactions: Imperial
I have been running a Grimm Mu1 with my Horizon and am still very happy with the combo. Enough so that I worry about a shootout with the MU2 against the Horizon Grimm Mu1 combo!!

I have been running a Grimm Mu1 with my Horizon and am still very happy with the combo. Enough so that I worry about a shootout with the MU2 against the Horizon Grimm Mu1 combo!!
Do you mean the Grimm MU2's direct analog out? If so, I'd be very curious on how it compares against your MU1+Horizon as that is a huge price difference....

I don't own or have access to an MU2. I am saying I worry with such a comitmmnet to my Horizon I am scared of how good the MU2 might be as a replacement for my Mu1 and Horizon combo. I haven't heard of a shootout yet.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing