Lampizator DSD DAC

Guys- just got a used DSD dac version 4- asked this on AC but thought I would try here- can someone give me step by step set up for Jriver 20- For some reason both DSD and PCM to DSD sounds very flat on my system- there is no air or life to it so I am assuming my settings in Jriver are wrong= thanks

Hmmm..... That is a streacom FC10 case with standard components costing $1,500 tops. I have one for sale with red wine audio batery on audiogon if you want to save a few bucks.

I don't think Lukasz himself is saying he has done something special. From the site: "There is no rocket science in our Komputer. Anybody can, and really SHOULD make such one for himself. It just takes time and money to buy EVERY part from a different vendor from a different country. First we have to import and stock this stuff in bulk. Pay shipping, customs and duties. Make sure everything matches. Have a skilled IT man put everything carefully together which takes 3 full days and 2 days testing and troubleshooting.! "

Hmmm..... That is a streacom FC10 case with standard components costing $1,500 tops. I have one for sale with red wine audio batery on audiogon if you want to save a few bucks.

I will get 100 from you at this price. Please send me a paypal invoice.

You are very wrong on the BoM costs. its modelled off Elberoth's own Server specs and he can tell you it costs waaaay more than $1,500 to build that beast. Massivley over-specified/
Audiocrack posted about it...

There is no secret that he Lampi DSD Komputer starts as a CAPS V4 Pipeline server, which you can get for @2800 from SGC:

http://shop.smallgreencomputer.com/CAPS-v4-Pipeline-CAPS-pipeline.htm

Add $200 for 4TB storage, and you are @ $3000. Then add $1000 in extra software (Win 2012 R2 standard licence, Audiophile Optimizer, Jriver), another $1000 in Jcat bits (battery PSU, USB card, SATA cables) and we are already talking about $5000. And that still doesn't buy you their custom settings and 24 months remote support.

Sure, you can get all the parts by yourself and put it together a bit cheaper than what Lampi is asking, but there are certain people who do not have the required knowledge, the time, or just want 24 months remote support. It also becomes a branded product, of known build and quality, which carries certain resale value.

I got dirty and have built one myself, but I do not think it is a bad deal at all. I can name a few more expensive servers on the market, that are far less elaborate and cheaper to build.

There is no secret that he Lampi DSD Komputer starts as a CAPS V4 Pipeline server, which you can get for @2800 from SGC:

http://shop.smallgreencomputer.com/CAPS-v4-Pipeline-CAPS-pipeline.htm

Add $200 for 4TB storage, and you are @ $3000. Then add $1000 in extra software (Win 2012 R2 standard licence, Audiophile Optimizer, Jriver), another $1000 in Jcat bits (battery PSU, USB card, SATA cables) and we are already talking about $5000. And that still doesn't buy you their custom settings and 24 months remote support.

Sure, you can get all the parts by yourself and put it together a bit cheaper than what Lampi is asking, but there are certain people who do not have the required knowledge, the time, or just want 24 months remote support. It also becomes a branded product, of known build and quality, which carries certain resale value.

I got dirty and have built one myself, but I do not think it is a bad deal at all. I can name a few more expensive servers on the market, that are far less elaborate and cheaper to build.

OK. I stand corrected. Pricing seems rather fair.

Not about tech. Mike said he is not reading the forum. Could be at a wedding or something important that trumps forum bater.

He was bantering on Audioshark yesterday. Either way, let him answer the question. Geez....

"Bruce" is not Bruce Brown (aka Bruce B at AS). Bruce at AShark is an Aussie! Geez back. LoL
The man is offline, plain and simple. I am sure he will respond when he gets back from the real world.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu