Lampizator DSD DAC

Indeed a slow weekend!

Yes, weddings, extended family, ex-wives and travel sometimes get in the way of fun things to do! My beloved Lampi DSD DAC has been sold. Didn't take long for someone to snatch that up. They're really in for a treat.

As for my next muse ?, I have a Balanced GG w/o volume control on order from Lukasz. Can't wait to hear this beast. If it arrives in time, I will be taking it to RMAF for everyone to hear!

Indeed a slow weekend!

Yes, weddings, extended family, ex-wives and travel sometimes get in the way of fun things to do! My beloved Lampi DSD DAC has been sold. Didn't take long for someone to snatch that up. They're really in for a treat.

As for my next muse ?, I have a Balanced GG w/o volume control on order from Lukasz. Can't wait to hear this beast. If it arrives in time, I will be taking it to RMAF for everyone to hear!

So I was correct....congrats to you.

Wow, your first 4 posts have been spamming us with this DAC. You must be affiliated with this company.

Wow, your first 4 posts have been spamming us with this DAC. You must be affiliated with this company.

This individual is spamming every Lampizator forum thread he can find.
This is the fourth instance I have run across today

Question for you DSD Lampizator owners.

Now that Roon has been integrated with HQPlayer, I have been dabbling and must say am impressed with everything being upsampled to DSD via HQPlayer.

Right now I am using MSB Diamond Plus IV. I guess the unit I would be interested in would be the Golden Gate Balanced DSD. First anyone have a chance to compare the MSB to the Lampi I am interested in? Second are most of you using HQPlayer? Third general impressions as now that I first starting to hear the benefits of HQPlayer, I must say I am impressed in my limited time hearing it.

I had the MSB Diamond in here for a few months and can say that the PCM was some of the best I've heard. In DSD, there were several DAC's that could surpass it and the MSB was quickly replaced.
I can say that the best DSD I've heard so far is my Lampi Balanced GG and Merging Horus.
I also use HQPlayer for a year or so and switched to Audirvana+ and eventually ending up with JRiver.

I had the MSB Diamond in here for a few months and can say that the PCM was some of the best I've heard. In DSD, there were several DAC's that could surpass it and the MSB was quickly replaced.
I can say that the best DSD I've heard so far is my Lampi Balanced GG and Merging Horus.
I also use HQPlayer for a year or so and switched to Audirvana+ and eventually ending up with JRiver.

OT
Out of curiosity is the Horus both an ADC and DAC? If it is a DAC , how good is its performance on PCM?

OT
Out of curiosity is the Horus both an ADC and DAC? If it is a DAC , how good is its performance on PCM?

The Horus is 6-slot modular system with as many A/D and D/A configurations as it can hold. It's performance in PCM is very good. Not quite up to the Trinity/MSB, but I'd say equal to the Playback and older Lampi. I haven't heard the new Lampi R2R PCM yet.

Bruce,

So in your opinion, converting all PCM to DSD through the Lampi, was it better (understand "better" is very subjective") than native PCM through the MSB? Also were you using the new Quad rate cards with the MSB or the older cards?

Thanks

You may not want to hear
Ot from me. But for me with the old or new dsd 256 engine it's better.
How is simple it exposes the dsd of the msb to being mechanical while the lampi is
More musical it's not just me either who here's it this way. Now PCM I feel goes to the msb but again luk has loaded a new PCM engine and it's more like dsd but still harder than dsd
A big improvement.
Then add tube rolling so it makes my IRS v go from tame to almost Beasty is a marvel in its
Self
Lastly I am not a fan of up sampling but this new PCM engine gets me there without up sampling. This is my observations with a music server as source win 2012 and AO 1.4
Amd all the rest of it. Good luck and enjoy it if you have one

Bruce,

So in your opinion, converting all PCM to DSD through the Lampi, was it better (understand "better" is very subjective") than native PCM through the MSB? Also were you using the new Quad rate cards with the MSB or the older cards?

Thanks

I up sampled everything to keep it simple. I was probably using the older cards since my audition happened in 2013.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing