Lampizator DSD DAC

Just got onfirmation today. Lampi Amanero did indeed support LINUX DSD256 via DoP and now (breaking news) supports "Native" as well.
When I asked how come, Lukasz says the version of Linux he uses does and NOT ALL Linux(es) will be able to do this. This works with current stock Amanero.

This is good for Amanero Linux, if it's true. Unfortunately I have not been able to find confirmation on the net anywhere, not even with the ALSA maintainer. I wrote to Amanero producer. Let's see what and if he's going to reply.

Just got onfirmation today. Lampi Amanero did indeed support LINUX DSD256 via DoP and now (breaking news) supports "Native" as well.
When I asked how come, Lukasz says the version of Linux he uses does and NOT ALL Linux(es) will be able to do this. This works with current stock Amanero.

I have some new fresh info :D

I have just finished to talk on the phone with Domenico, the producer of Amanero USB boards.
We had a very friendly chat, also because he comes from a town 60Km away from me.
He explained that it already exists a firmware capable of DSD512 under Linux, but he just offered the tools to designers and at the moment it is up to each one of them to patch OS in order to work in DSD natively.
I suggested to contact ALSA maintainer to make such patch public as part of Linux next release.
He will do so and keep me informed.

He also told me about another board in preparation, but that's another story .... :)

So I guess I am not a liar then and Lukasz is not a fool? Hahahahaha

Thanks for saving my rep Bibo01.
BTW, ALL you have reported here, I have already told on forums weeks ago.

All the online pontification by he who shall not be named is just that, rank speculation. Some people play DomiGUESS while others play DomiKNOW.

I hope next time I speak, people listen...Like with EF Hutton. Ha!

This is good for Amanero Linux, if it's true. Unfortunately I have not been able to find confirmation on the net anywhere, not even with the ALSA maintainer. I wrote to Amanero producer. Let's see what and if he's going to reply.

Sometimes, what is hidden from the Wise and the Foolish will be revealed to the babes and sucklings. Not everything is out there in the public domain.

Sometimes, what is hidden from the Wise and the Foolish will be revealed to the babes and sucklings. Not everything is out there in the public domain.

Yes sometimes you must send an email or pickup the phone. And top secret information can be revealed :)

Yes sometimes you must send an email or pickup the phone. And top secret information can be revealed :)

Zackly.

Who sez you can't learn???

LoL

Also, not everything that is good to talk is good to eat. Decipher that.

So I guess I am not a liar then and Lukasz is not a fool? Hahahahaha

Thanks for saving my rep Bibo01.
BTW, ALL you have reported here, I have already told on forums weeks ago.

I thought I have enlarged the info regarding Linux Amanero compared to what you said, but perhaps I may have missed some of what you had previously written.
I suppose in the end it is safer to double check with the main source - Amanero. ;)

I have some new fresh info :D

I have just finished to talk on the phone with Domenico, the producer of Amanero USB boards.
We had a very friendly chat, also because he comes from a town 60Km away from me.
He explained that it already exists a firmware capable of DSD512 under Linux, but he just offered the tools to designers and at the moment it is up to each one of them to patch OS in order to work in DSD natively.
I suggested to contact ALSA maintainer to make such patch public as part of Linux next release.
He will do so and keep me informed.

He also told me about another board in preparation, but that's another story .... :)

It's such a relief to hear all that....;)

Listened today for the first time to Linux on my Lampizator server. As Wisnon already mentioned earlier Linux indeed plays dsd 256. Lukasz combines Linux with Daphile because the Linux version of Jriver is according to him not stable yet.

Although I much prefer Jriver to Daphile from an user point of view, I must say that what I heard today was (very) promising. Of course these are only my first impressions.

Listened today for the first time to Linux on my Lampizator server. As Wisnon already mentioned earlier Linux indeed plays dsd 256. Lukasz combines Linux with Daphile because the Linux version of Jriver is according to him not stable yet.

Although I much prefer Jriver to Daphile from an user point of view, I must say that what I heard today was (very) promising. Of course these are only my first impressions.

Was there a big difference from the previous server?

Did Lampizator make a patch for Daphile for DSD256? Do you know if he will make this patch public?

I do not know the answer to your question, bibo01. May I suggest you contact Lukasz directly?

OK, thanks

Addendum: I just contacted Lukasz and he replied immediately, saying that it plays but is still in development between Amanero and Daphile - they are more like a passive observer.

Last edited:
EML Anniversary Globe 45 Mesh DHTs shipping according to the Lampi FBook page. Limited edition.

Feedback welcome from those who get them.

EML anni Mesh 45.jpg

EML 45 Anniversary ordered with Lukasz , will report next week when delivered.

Nice.

I patiently await this feedback.

Last edited:
EML 45 Anniversary installed, new clock in amanero board too.
It works with all dsd and pcm which are 44,1 kHz multipliers( 88,2 , 176,4 and 352,8) does not with 48 kHz and its derivatives.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 466
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    773 KB · Views: 493
It works with all dsd and pcm which are 44,1 kHz multipliers( 88,2 , 176,4 and 352,8) does not with 48 kHz and its derivatives.
Can't imagine inability to play 96,192,384kHz being intentional. Mine not doing 352kHz (DXD) is a very minor nit in comparison.

My B7 still does play 48 , 96 up to DXD 384 kHz. It' s not clear to me , if there is another clock for those frequencies, will ask Lukasz.

When you say you replaced clock on Amanero board did you replace just one of the 2 clocks on the board?
There are 2 clocks, 22.5792 & 24.576 so you would need to replace both to cover all frequencies, I assume you did so would be interested to find out how you get on with sorting out the issue.

I have 2 Neutron Star clocks at the above frequencies for several months now just waiting to get around to adding them to the Amanero, just too many projects at the moment to get it completed.
Hoping to pick up the enable signals off the board for switching the clocks.
Cheers, Pearse.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing