Lampizator DSD DAC

My B7 still does play 48 , 96 up to DXD 384 kHz. It' s not clear to me , if there is another clock for those frequencies, will ask Lukasz.

How does it sound with clock upgrade and your usual tubes? How are the Anni mesh 45s?

Sligolad,

You are right, there are two clocks. As far asd I understand the upgrade, Lukasz installed new power supply to amanero board and the new clock for dsd and pcm from 44,1 up to 352,8 kHz ( 22,5792 ?).
The other one is unchanged , I am now comparing the sound from both circuits.
He said there is no problem with the replacement of the second one if needed.

How does it sound with clock upgrade and your usual tubes? How are the Anni mesh 45s?

To be honest I prefer my 101D WE replicas. As alwyas in different setups it can be opposite. Lukasz was very much impressed by EML 45 ANN from the very first moment .
It can also depend on capacitors, I have Duelunds, Jupiter may sound different with EML.

Last edited:
To be honest I prefer my 101D WE replicas. As alwyas in different setups it can be opposite. Lukasz was very much impressed by EML 45 ANN from the very first moment .
It can also depend on capacitor, I have Duelunds, Jupiter may sound different with EML.

101D replicas were my favorites till I heard the KR 242 on B7 (doesn't work on GG).

101D replicas were my favorites till I heard the KR 242 on B7 (doesn't work on GG).

Will take that into consideration, thank you .
For now I have a small problem with the high voltage of my r2r board . With Duo Omega it sounded perfect , with Duo Mezzo XD it's a bit " shouty". After the speakers stabilize, I will ask Lukasz to install a switch for 2 V additionaly.

When I play with La Fontaine's 2 V output the sound is much smoother.

Will take that into consideration, thank you .
For now I have a small problem with the high voltage of my r2r board . With Duo Omega it sounded perfect , with Duo Mezzo XD it's a bit " shouty". After the speakers stabilize, I will ask Lukasz to install a switch for 2 V additionaly.

When I play with La Fontaine's 2 V output the sound is much smoother.

The replicas are not the smoothest. Other valves are much smoother. Replicas had good extension, detail, speed and slam

I just need less voltage imo, 5 V for the new speakers is too much compared with La Fontaine.

I just need less voltage imo, 5 V for the new speakers is too much compared with La Fontaine.

Ok. I think I have 3V. So KR 242 might not work in your current dac

Sligolad,

You are right, there are two clocks. As far asd I understand the upgrade, Lukasz installed new power supply to amanero board and the new clock for dsd and pcm from 44,1 up to 352,8 kHz ( 22,5792 ?).
The other one is unchanged , I am now comparing the sound from both circuits.
He said there is no problem with the replacement of the second one if needed.

Ah OK got you marslo, i had assumed you went under the hood yourself!
Good to hear that Lukasz is making improvements to the Amanero board as I have heard improvements from 3.3v from lipo battery direct supply to the Amanero boards and I have another Amanero board setup with a reclocker circuit ready to test one of these days.

It can also depend on capacitors, I have Duelunds, Jupiter may sound different with EML.

Marslo,

Thinking about getting rid of them? I'm sure someone would snap them up as those 45's could be used elsewhere and are unique.

My first b7 came with the eml 45 bottles. Then I got lucky and purchased a pair of globes
An improvement all across. Then I went crazy on tube rolling
For me the 101D are hyper detailed and a bit thin on some music. For headphones pa vane we 300B are best on most headphones.
Speakers yield other results , the new mesh 45 seem great a notch up on details and still has the weight of a 45
Also a bit more neutral than the solid globes.
I think this is where the rush comes from to those who first hear them. What I would love is a globe mesh 300B. That might perfection on headphones.
Also this observation is on a head dac that also has a vt99 driver tube
Last I compared the B7 and head dac on headphones direct the head dac wins. Now on a complete System it's closer but I still prefer the head dac for me. My head dac has all his trucks loaded
My B 7 when it arrives will have his new GERMAN upgrade for Pcm side. The head dac has ladder Pcm engine.

I have no idea lol. I sent it in to be upgraded. I do,testing for him. Norman knows he explained it to me. But I honestly do not remember

My first b7 came with the eml 45 bottles. Then I got lucky and purchased a pair of globes
An improvement all across. Then I went crazy on tube rolling
For me the 101D are hyper detailed and a bit thin on some music. For headphones pa vane we 300B are best on most headphones.
Speakers yield other results , the new mesh 45 seem great a notch up on details and still has the weight of a 45
Also a bit more neutral than the solid globes.
I think this is where the rush comes from to those who first hear them. What I would love is a globe mesh 300B. That might perfection on headphones.
Also this observation is on a head dac that also has a vt99 driver tube
Last I compared the B7 and head dac on headphones direct the head dac wins. Now on a complete System it's closer but I still prefer the head dac for me. My head dac has all his trucks loaded
My B 7 when it arrives will have his new GERMAN upgrade for Pcm side. The head dac has ladder Pcm engine.

Der Siebner! Check out the lampi website and his FBook page.

i recently tried the shun mook valve resonator on a balanced Golden gate. I used only 1 on the rectifier tube. Found that overall, presentation was smoother but i am not sure if that is what i may prefer... soundstage improved at the expense of air / decay and leading bite on trumpet soften somewhat.... makes for easy listening but to my ears, the realism of the presentation faded a little.

How many of you use a buffer following the Lampizator? Specifically if you have a tube output. (higher impedance)

i recently tried the shun mook valve resonator on a balanced Golden gate. I used only 1 on the rectifier tube. Found that overall, presentation was smoother but i am not sure if that is what i may prefer... soundstage improved at the expense of air / decay and leading bite on trumpet soften somewhat.... makes for easy listening but to my ears, the realism of the presentation faded a little.

The valve resonator is a very minor tweak and just a fun play. It is the diamond resonator set underneath that matters, and makes a massive difference. You need the ultra at a minimum if not the giants, and get rid of the roller blocks under the GG. But that's a different budget. Ultra costs 1200 USD for a set, and the giants 2000

I had good effect with gyrotension Vega isolators and now deploy them under all my equipments including speakers. I never believed in spring or soft feets but these bring isolation to a new level.

My updated big 7 ships today.
Updated new r2r PCM and dsd. No more switching yea. My big has an internal driver tube. So it plays headphones as well.
Also shipping with the it is krone 5U4 recti and the krone px output tubes.
So now the only tubes I am missing is the tak recti and I have a friend to loan one from. I will not snapper pair of Elrogs although they sounded good. Luk and NORMAN say the krone combo rules so I'll try it. Also my head dac is the second r2r PCM so before I upgrade it I'll do a side by side first.

My updated big 7 ships today.
Updated new r2r PCM and dsd. No more switching yea. My big has an internal driver tube. So it plays headphones as well.
Also shipping with the it is krone 5U4 recti and the krone px output tubes.
So now the only tubes I am missing is the tak recti and I have a friend to loan one from. I will not snapper pair of Elrogs although they sounded good. Luk and NORMAN say the krone combo rules so I'll try it. Also my head dac is the second r2r PCM so before I upgrade it I'll do a side by side first.

Lukasz and Bill told me that. i am yet to hear the combo. Bill has KR274b and various Kron DHTs. You are getting the PX25, a Lukasz favourite. I dont know it yet...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing