LampizatOr Golden Atlantic + TRP

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
On another note; I noticed that when you order one of these DACS it will ask to specify what is your operation system (windows, Mac and Linux).
I use Mac but in most cases I use streamers from Lumin, Aurender and SOTM so will these three devices be plug and play or a software has to be downloaded >> thanks!
These are all Linux devices.
In any case, the request is so they can set the firmware to one appropriate for Windows or Linux to get maximum resolution.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Driver was pre-installed for you.

That makes more sense since the Windows OS needs drivers for the USB interface.

Reactions: Golum and wisnon

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Just got this stock trp in from LAMPI North America. Some stock tubes too. have to say the first impression is speed speed speed. Very fast very dynamic. Pin point staging.
Playing classical at 20 feet back from towers.
It’s a live event here. Moves air like the bigger LAMPI dacs do. but has a speed like analog does. piano is striking and no sign of ring or digital fatigue like sounds. A piano is a very demanding playback sound and this is a orchestra and grand piano center stage.
So cool to hear this yet in a small box
I’ll post more as I play.
A big thanks to Fred and LAMPI North America.
Tomorrow LAMPI is delivering a loaded trp for me
Over the next few weeks I’ll be doing a trifecta of LAMPI dacs side by side. My own pac man dac
A gg2 loaded and new
And lastly my new own loaded trp.

Attachments

• EA269E52-E6FB-4582-B249-1E26B4BD8C87.jpeg
    EA269E52-E6FB-4582-B249-1E26B4BD8C87.jpeg
    766.7 KB · Views: 11

Ed_K

Oct 27, 2019
Greer, SC USA
Just got this stock trp in from LAMPI North America. Some stock tubes too. have to say the first impression is speed speed speed. Very fast very dynamic. Pin point staging.
Playing classical at 20 feet back from towers.
It’s a live event here. Moves air like the bigger LAMPI dacs do. but has a speed like analog does. piano is striking and no sign of ring or digital fatigue like sounds. A piano is a very demanding playback sound and this is a orchestra and grand piano center stage.
So cool to hear this yet in a small box
I’ll post more as I play.
A big thanks to Fred and LAMPI North America.
Tomorrow LAMPI is delivering a loaded trp for me
Over the next few weeks I’ll be doing a trifecta of LAMPI dacs side by side. My own pac man dac
A gg2 loaded and new
And lastly my new own loaded trp.
Congrats, I can also echo that I love mine so far. Been rolling tubes based on comments here. Very unique piece of gear. Can I ask what tubes did they supply with yours?

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Output tubes new stock I felt it would be bad but have to say it’s signing very well. The recti is some old nos too. But again it’s a loaner amd sounds very good as is.

Attachments

• 4B4FD48E-DCDC-4A04-A35F-1F2137007283.jpeg
    4B4FD48E-DCDC-4A04-A35F-1F2137007283.jpeg
    649.8 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: christoph and Ed_K

Ed_K

Oct 27, 2019
Greer, SC USA
https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2018/08/24/psvane-el34ph-review/
I also have these coming soon already have a old set like them from a few years back they sound very good. I got about 15 pairs of tubes for the trp here

I’ve checked out the pavane options on their website and saw those. They do make some interesting tube options. I did get their Acme 274B and it easily beat out the Winged C 5U3C that came with my trp. Haven’t decided if I want to even try the KR RK recti yet. The Acme has made every tube sound pretty darn good. Keep us posted!

Reactions: fbs and christoph

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I own the Kr 5u4g had the new rk one too. It’s a good recti but for me is a bit on the dark side
Adds weight and is a bit slower. Now in the right setup this maybe be perfect. in mine it’s not what I need. My room is big my speakers are too. I want fast , dynamic hyper detail sound. So the acme is more like what I want. My recti favs are
Tak 284b
We nos 274b
Us airforce 596
The shagua 274b metal base
A few others. Non of the above sound like the kr or rk recti

Reactions: sujay and christoph

Monsterzero

Jul 10, 2019
I own the Kr 5u4g had the new rk one too. It’s a good recti but for me is a bit on the dark side
Adds weight and is a bit slower. Now in the right setup this maybe be perfect. in mine it’s not what I need. My room is big my speakers are too. I want fast , dynamic hyper detail sound. So the acme is more like what I want. My recti favs are
Tak 284b
We nos 274b
Us airforce 596

Where would the WE 422a rank?

newbiecapri

Dec 20, 2019
Tak 284b
We nos 274b
Us airforce 596

** Thanks for the info! **looking forward to having my GA TRP2 in a few weeks... can't wait!!

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Ty cris for your interest. Has anyone here tried the we 422a ? If my memory os correct I did a few years back. It was not on par with the we 274b sound. But this was a while back and I don’t know how good the tube tested

Reactions: Monsterzero

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

Monsterzero

Jul 10, 2019
I DID have one but I found it to be bass light as compared to the Tak 274b and, now, the Acme 274b.

As far as clean,tight sound and staging how did it compare to the Acme? Like Al,im into keeping my system sounding fast,clean and neat. I am a metalhead after all. ;)

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
As far as clean,tight sound and staging how did it compare to the Acme? Like Al,im into keeping my system sounding fast,clean and neat. I am a metalhead after all. ;)

I can’t give a good answer to that. All I remember is that I felt that the bass was missing power and emphasis as compared to the Tak and Acme. I don’t think it sounded any clearer with the 422.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing