LampizatOr Golden Atlantic + TRP

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I have both but to be honest last time i had RK was quite a while ago...i believe @christoph explained in details exactly the diff RK vs ACME few posts earlier as RK was his top pick before ACME...(I’m excluding Taka 274b as a top top pick)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Ed_K

Oct 27, 2019
Greer, SC USA
I absolutely agree.
The ACME 274b is an absolute winner :cool:

I agree, well worth the price of admission. Switched out my KT77's today and tried the EH6CA7's that came in my TRP with the Acme. The Acme actually woke these up a bit. Still prefer the KT77 but it was an interesting exercise and proved to me what a difference a quality Recti can make. Still on the hunt for a reasonably priced pair of GEC KT66's. May have to get new issue Gold Lions as an interim.
Happy New Year!

Reactions: christoph

leftside

Jan 22, 2018

fbs

Apr 22, 2019
Bavaria
Reactions: Ed_K

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Yes, pity because I could also visit with christoph as Liechtenstein is just a short drive from say Zurich, by US standards. :) Wisnon, where are u located.
Closer to Gva...near Nyon.

Reactions: Ed_K

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Those are the military version. Can tell with the CV1075 lettering/designation. Great price if they test high.
More than one used pair there...recall in Dac they dont get stressed like in poweramps. A brand new pair there for chf460 too.

Ed_K

Oct 27, 2019
Greer, SC USA
Hi Ed,

I‘m unsure where reasonable price ends for you, there is a shop in Germany, who has the tubes on stock and maybe VAT is partly deducted, they ship international:
https://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/kt66-g.e.c.-uk-nos/nib

Cheers,
Andreas

Thanks for the info. After an eBay search, I see that most are all typically priced over US$500 per pair. Christmas for the grandkids hit me hard. So I will probably try some other alternatives and then decide next move.
Regards
Ed

leftside

Jan 22, 2018

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Yes, pity because I could also visit with christoph as Liechtenstein is just a short drive from say Zurich, by US standards. :) Wisnon, where are u located.
Zürich is pretty much between Norman's place and mine. 1 hour drive to mine, 2 hour drive to Norman's

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Last edited:

leftside

Jan 22, 2018
Is there a big difference between the Gold Lion KT66 vs the GEC KT66 (NOS) in terms of sonics ????
In my gear, and my friends vintage Mac gear, we find the Gold Lion's to be some of the best new prod tubes out there, but nothing compares to a NOS or lightly used original GEC tube :) Just does everything slightly better than the Gold Lion. We've found the same to be true with KT88, KT66 and 12AT7 (GEC B309).

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
In my gear, and my friends vintage Mac gear, we find the Gold Lion's to be some of the best new prod tubes out there, but nothing compares to a NOS or lightly used original GEC tube :) Just does everything slightly better than the Gold Lion. We've found the same to be true with KT88, KT66 and 12AT7 (GEC B309).

The new production Gold Lions are probably (amongst?) the best new production tubes out there as far as we compared KT66/KT88 but not even close to the GEC KT66.

@leftside
Is there a NOS GEC KT77 at all or are there other recommendable KT77 tubes that clearly better the cheap but excellent KT77 Gold Lions?

newbiecapri

Dec 20, 2019
I have VAC power amp and the choice of tubes The manufacturer uses is the KT88 GOLD Lion.
The Shuguang KT88s were pretty good too but they are not as durable as the Gold Lion KT88.
Anyone here tried PS Vane EL34 tubes on the GA TRP2 ?

Ed_K

Oct 27, 2019
Greer, SC USA
The new production Gold Lions are probably (amongst?) the best new production tubes out there as far as we compared KT66/KT88 but not even close to the GEC KT66.

@leftside
Is there a NOS GEC KT77 at all or are there other recommendable KT77 tubes that clearly better the cheap but excellent KT77 Gold Lions?

@christoph I did see where there are GEC KT77 that were made but like KT66, they are very expensive.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing