LampizatOr Golden Atlantic + TRP

DeadWax

Apr 11, 2020
And similar to above post, I'd be interested in whether others have compared side-by-side the GA TRP with the Atlantic TRP. Just trying to decide whether a move to the GA would be a worthwhile upgrade path (I currently own the Atlantic TRP).

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I am also curious to hear what people think about the difference between the TRP and the GG2.
GG2 is IMHO just bigger DAC in SQ delivering more in all aspects and using DHTs it provides more seductive and musical presentation. Far far away that TRP is not doing the same, but if you 're up to chasing the holy grail this one brings you one step closer....

leftside

Jan 22, 2018
very nice colours of the tubes) where have you find them?

here is mine)
Nice headphones. What is the headphone amp? Are you also on Headfi?

Shredder

Feb 21, 2017
And similar to above post, I'd be interested in whether others have compared side-by-side the GA TRP with the Atlantic TRP. Just trying to decide whether a move to the GA would be a worthwhile upgrade path (I currently own the Atlantic TRP).
I upgraded from an Atlantic plus to a TRP. The TRP was vastly superior (better tone, more relaxed, more 3-d, richer) and I love the option to roll tubes. I recently upgraded to GA TRP. The improvements were quite subtle, a bump in clarity, but little more.

findog

Apr 29, 2019
www.tinyurl.com
I upgraded from an Atlantic plus to a TRP. The TRP was vastly superior (better tone, more relaxed, more 3-d, richer) and I love the option to roll tubes. I recently upgraded to GA TRP. The improvements were quite subtle, a bump in clarity, but little more.
The same for me. The improvements from the A+ to TRP are not subtle.

Reactions: christoph

DeadWax

Apr 11, 2020
The improvements were quite subtle, a bump in clarity, but little more.
This is very helpful and was exactly the feedback I was looking for. I think I will hold tight with my Atlantic TRP for now. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Shredder

perfusionist

Nov 4, 2020
Hey folks, I originally reached out to Lukaz for the following 2 updates:
1. Addition I2S input
2. Switching my Amanero USB to JL Audio.

do you think #2 is redundant if I do #1 ?

Also while its there with Lukaz, any other mods that I can request for, that can further improve the already amazing GA TRP?
Thanks in advance.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Reactions: perfusionist

perfusionist

Nov 4, 2020
Just out of curiosity. Did you already check how long would the whole procedure take? Outbound - installation - inbound?

Lukas said it will take 1 week for installation once he receives it. I am assuming it will take about 1 to 2 weeks each way travel. I am hoping I'll get it back in a month. fingers crossed.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
No way to travel 1-2 weeks using DHL Express or UPS as those are next day delivery EU to US usually
Lukas said it will take 1 week for installation once he receives it. I am assuming it will take about 1 to 2 weeks each way travel. I am hoping I'll get it back in a month. fingers crossed

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing