LampizatOr Golden Atlantic + TRP

My understanding is that some of the digital engine changes we see from Lampi are not always about sound quality improvements. Sometimes the engine changes are driven by parts availability. To be clear, I'm not saying this is the case with this new engine 11.

If you're referring to the choice between engine 53 and R2R, that seems more to have been a matter of taste.

An email from the tech that worked on mine said it would be out the door today, although I haven't shipping info yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph
If you're referring to the choice between engine 53 and R2R, that seems more to have been more a matter of taste.

Not necessarily those options, just generally,. But both of these engine options are examples of what I mentioned earlier about changes due to parts availability rather than sound quality.

I don't believe E53 and R2R are available anymore (for those with older engines looking to change) due to parts availability.

The Q3 price sheet refers to Engine 34.

The revised TRP arrived today. The spec sheet that came with it referred to engine 11, revised usb and 512 DSD.

As a FYI, when I got the unit early summer, it came with psvane el34’s and a Linlai 5u4g. After burn-in, I replaced the El34‘s with F2a‘s and consistent with people’s comments they sounded noticeably smoother and extended. I only had time to try one different rectifier (1944 RCA 5r4gy), but went right back to the Linlai. Have a number of other ones to try over the next couple of months.

First things first though and that’s to let this unit get some time on it and reestablish a baseline. It’s not really valid to make any assessments compared to the engine 53 version after only a few hours, but one thing I did notice immediately was a naturalness and easiness to the sound that seemed a step up from before.

Reactions: christoph and fbs
The revised TRP arrived today. The spec sheet that came with it referred to engine 11, revised usb and 512 DSD.

As a FYI, when I got the unit early summer, it came with psvane el34’s and a Linlai 5u4g. After burn-in, I replaced the El34‘s with F2a‘s and consistent with people’s comments they sounded noticeably smoother and extended. I only had time to try one different rectifier (1944 RCA 5r4gy), but went right back to the Linlai. Have a number of other ones to try over the next couple of months.

First things first though and that’s to let this unit get some time on it and reestablish a baseline. It’s not really valid to make any assessments compared to the engine 53 version after only a few hours, but one thing I did notice immediately was a naturalness and easiness to the sound that seemed a step up from before.
Very good.
Congrats

Hi,

Following the thread here, I am also now using Siemens F2A which I enjoy so much more than stock tubes (my Atlantic came stock with the GENALEX - GOLD LION KT77).
Now, I am using the adapters bought from China on eBay. I was curious if anyone know someone that can build more qualitative adapters ? (preference in Europe).

Hi,

Following the thread here, I am also now using Siemens F2A which I enjoy so much more than stock tubes (my Atlantic came stock with the GENALEX - GOLD LION KT77).
Now, I am using the adapters bought from China on eBay. I was curious if anyone know someone that can build more qualitative adapters ? (preference in Europe).
The KT77 are nice low budget tubes but you can’t compare it with the F2A’s. It’s like Fiat Punto vs 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.

As I know xulingmrs (seller from ebay) is the only builder of these… I got a lot adapters from this guy. Quality’s not equal like these from WA but they do what they have to do. Didn’t find any other manufacturer since I use the Siemenses but tbh: I don’t really care about…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: christoph and Golum

Any updates on the engine 11 vs engine 53 digital board? I am very curious...

Any updates on the engine 11 vs engine 53 digital board? I am very curious...
Unfortunately not. While I’ve been running it in, I haven’t had a lot of time for any quality listening and I’m going to be away for the next 1 1/2 weeks. My initial reactions are: more space around instruments, a little more depth, and frequency extremes seem more extended. I’d rather not remark any further since I want to be more exact in my comments. Will report back when I’ve got a full measure of the upgrades.

Reactions: Wjhen
Although I didn’t get a UPS notice, I understand that mine was sent last Friday, but took five days to exit Poland for Germany. So I might not see it until next week. I expect a couple of weeks of burn in. Good news from the latter standpoint is that there was no change to the output circuit, so tubes can be pulled during burn in while not in use.

You are aware that at least for now, TRP’s are not getting new engine?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wjhen
Also HiFiShark.com for a compilation of ads.

Reactions: Monsterzero
Although I didn’t get a UPS notice, I understand that mine was sent last Friday, but took five days to exit Poland for Germany. So I might not see it until next week. I expect a couple of weeks of burn in. Good news from the latter standpoint is that there was no change to the output circuit, so tubes can be pulled during burn in while not in use.

You are aware that at least for now, TRP’s are not getting new engine?
Seems that they are working on a solution, news by eo Sep.

EO by Sep?

I wonder if anyone here has compared the different inputs on their TRP? Mine has one of the first JL Sounds USB cards in it and I have only ever used that input partly because my Fidelizer Nimitra only has USB output. Previously with my Atlantic (non TRP) fed by a Mac mini I used a USB to SPDIF converter and much preferred the SPDIF input, however I have long since sold the converter. I am now putting together the bits to build myself a new music server and when researching better USB output cards came across Pink Faun's SPDIF PCIE cards. That got me wondering how the SPDIF input of the TRP compared with the JL Sounds USB input. Any thoughts?

Engine 11 arrived today (or I chased down UPS because it was raining). Two hours in, there is substantial improvement in clarity/resolution. In that way, it’s much more like the better systems I heard at the Pacific Audio Fest in July. I need to qualify that by noting that the tubes and an AM fuse are resettling too, and in the meantime I have replaced a pair of stacked absorbent corner bass traps with ASC tube traps that also diffuse. A biggie for me though is to see how the tone develops — looking for a bit of warmth. I sort of expected that, based on Lukasz's tube preferences. In addition, the Ultimate Premier fuse I’m using until this gets sorted infuses things with a very live, forward, almost metallic sound that I find hard to handle, at least in the same room.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing