LampizatOr Horizon - Tube Rolling Paradise

Both audioquattr and I did not like the KT 170s as well as other KTs - he had 88 120s in his. We ended up with mullard el34 and ecc 31 drivers as compared to KTs
Do you or someone else know FOR SURE if it is possible to use the ecc31 when running balanced between the Horizon and the Amp? According to Lukazs it is not possible with the Visseaux 6n7gt ( ecc31) due to the common cathode which ecc31 has. Somebody running balanced??

Do you or someone else know FOR SURE if it is possible to use the ecc31 when running balanced between the Horizon and the Amp? According to Lukazs it is not possible with the Visseaux 6n7gt ( ecc31) due to the common cathode which ecc31 has. Somebody running balanced??

no idea

Last edited:
Reactions: Stbo
I have been using Ecc31 with adapters for months. I hope it is ok :) Mine are Mullard

Reactions: Golum
Sorry I meant 31. He was asking about 31. I edited the above post.

Yes. I bought them from a member here who also had used them i believe

If you are using them in balanced out mode and they sound fine then it must be ok to use them.

Maybe the Mullard are different than the above mentioned tubes? They sound more than fine. With certain combos they are better than the 32 to my ears.

Also, I have to agree with Bonzo. The KTs are crisp and clean with nice attack, but they leave a lot out…. The 6384s are WAY better. Not a small upgrade at all,

Voila. I hope I am not damaging anything :) I will ask Lampi as well

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpeg
    IMG_0206.jpeg
    621.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0205.jpeg
    IMG_0205.jpeg
    922.3 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: christoph
Response from Lampi:

Hello,
this tube is perfect, I have no idea where the objections come from.

Best regards

?ukasz Fikus

Issue resolved

Maybe the Mullard are different than the above mentioned tubes? They sound more than fine. With certain combos they are better than the 32 to my ears.

Also, I have to agree with Bonzo. The KTs are crisp and clean with nice attack, but they leave a lot out…. The 6384s are WAY better. Not a small upgrade at all,
I agree. KT 170 is not even in my top 5 or 10:)

Reactions: bonzo75
Any impressions on the Tungsram PV200/600?

it’s very good Etor, certainly one of the leading solid plate options along with the soviet bo-188 but lacks the magic of any of the 4 volt mesh tubes.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing