LampizatOr Horizon - Tube Rolling Paradise

It's been several weeks since I have posted about my Horizon experience. This transcends seeking out the vintage tubes and paying a fortune but I thought would interest Horizon owners who need adapters for their tubes to play in the Horizon or in any Lampizator for that matter

As the saying goes, "everything matters". All I can say is that the TP adaptors by Laszlo and Tibor with associated Star grounding cable are an absolute must. in fact you'll think I'm drinking the Kool Aid when I tell say I'm gobsmacked as to how good these adapters make my system sound.

Laslo is making these now in a standard edition and a Special Edition. If you can spring for the Special Edition Adapter along with his Special Edition Star Grounding Wires do it. They are truly that good. I have adaptors for the Valvo G2504 and Telefunken RGN2004 as well as the TFKN c3g all 3 star grounded to the rear grounding post on the Horizon

Up until today I have been waiting for the final piece to my TP adapter collection ad that was the adapter for my SRS551. I ordered a pair of these in the Special Edition as as well as the Special Edition Star grounding wire. These arrived today from the beautiful city of Budapest and as always impeccably wrapped by Laszlo . Laszlo promised e I would be in for a surprise with these adaptors as they bring out the best in the tubes

It was an absolute understatement as it was listening to a major upgrade in my system as the dynamics were not only there but were there in a tight, articulate fashion. The snap of the stick on the drum skin will give you goose bumps and the sound of the guitar strings was really unexpected. I played my typical demo disc and every song played seemed to bring me closer to the music that ever before

It really is fortuitous that we tube whacko's here at WBF have the good fortune of having Laszlo and Tibor not only provide us with exotic and beautiful tubes and now with the TP Adapters Special Edition and Special Edition ground wire,

I have only listened for a few hours today but enough to know that these adapters are a must have Ultimate Tweak if you are using tubes that need adaptors for your Lampi. Laszlo told me they will sound even better with some hours of burn in. They really are also a work of art and a thing of beauty that complements the look of your Lapi

These adapters are so good that I told Laszlo he should consider making all the standard adapters and he would be rich. Much to his credit, he said he loves his Lampi community and for the moment is enjoying making these only for the tubes we have bee getting from him

Below are some photos

Steve
I am glad you are enjoying your Lampi journey. You have come a long way from the intro of the H.

Reactions: ctydwn
Steve
I am glad you are enjoying your Lampi journey. You have come a long way from the intro of the H.
It really has been a fun journey for me but this is pretty. much end game and hopefully sufficient back up tubes

I have had Laszlo’s special edition adapter (for 2amp rectifiers) here for the past week and it is excellent. Takes about 100 hours to burn in with a current of this rating (likely longer for the small dual 6sn7 pentodes) but will write some more later.

• Love
Reactions: Blake and takacs75
Same here with the Siemens C3G adapters - soundstage and air is incredible.

• Love
Reactions: Blake and takacs75
Well after 24 hours with the SE adapters on the SRS 551 the dynamics and presence are eye opening . It's like I have a whole different system.

I would again suggest that if one is to buy the TP adapters, I would advise to get the Special Edition as well as his Special Edition pure silver star ground. I still have difficulty wrapping my brain around the efficacy of these adapters. The bottom. line to me is that they should be essential rather than the cheap plastic ones everyone buys on eBay that come from China. Having a tube genius such as Tibor in the mix, planning and designing these adapters, is a feather in the hats of everyone here. Once you hear your system you'll understand why the hype

I too am enjoying some adapters from TP. We are spoiled around here for sure. And they are gorgeous. One of my best buddies is a woodworker and he marveled at them for a few minutes. Still working mine in, but I have more on the way (for the OS1 and 1003, which I can’t get to sound nice in my system so far; maybe because I use Horizon as pre?) Loving the Lampi community around here!

I promised to revert with a few words on the performance of the TP adapter.

Essentially the presentation is pure, focused, grainless with an even frequency range and good ‘in the room’ presence. Tonal colour/texture and nuance are all pleasing. Laszlo is, of course, a joy to deal with (we’ve known each other for almost two years and chat most days). Tibor has forgotten more about tubes than I will ever learn.

Stepping back to the Chinese adapter, which I suspect almost everyone has started off with, you feel a sense of diminution of overall resolution and scale. There’s an element of ‘copper’ style presentation, dense and musical but less resolving of nuance. I sense that I just took a step back in equipment level. I must however commend Xuling for almost single handedly providing the entire global audiophile world with such a wide variety of adapters - none of my experimentation over the past 18 months would have been possible without his products. I think I’m now on my 5th alternative to 6sn7 and still not finished!

For those wanting to dip their toes in the water, I would recommend the 2amp spec rectifier TP adapter as there is such a wide variety of awesome rectifier tubes available, some of which are dirt cheap. My fave atm is the Tungsram PV4200.

Last edited:
I promised to revert with a few words on the performance of the TP adapter.

Essentially the presentation is pure, focused, grainless with an even frequency range and good ‘in the room’ presence. Tonal colour/texture and nuance are all pleasing. Laszlo, is of course, a joy to deal with (we’ve known each other for almost two years and chat most days). Tibor has forgotten more about tubes than I will ever learn.

Stepping back to the Chinese adapter, which I suspect almost everyone has started off with, you feel a sense of diminution of overall resolution and scale. There’s an element of ‘copper’ style presentation, dense and musical but less resolving of nuance. I sense that I just took a step back in equipment level. I must however commend Xuling for almost single handedly providing the entire global audiophile world with such a wide variety of adapters - none of my experimentation over the past 18 months would have been possible without his products. I think I’m now on my 5th alternative to 6sn7 and still not finished!

For those wanting to dip their toes in the water, I would recommend the 2amp spec rectifier TP adapter as there is such a wide variety of awesome rectifier tubes available, some of which are dirt cheap. My fave atm is the Tungsram PV4200.
This is very well said!

Hey Horizon owners! Imagine no adapters existed in the world and you had to use a combination of tubes to go with your Horizon. Which pentodes/triodes/recti combo would you use for the best SQ?

In order to achieve the best possible result, the anode voltage and cathode resistance of both stages (e.g 6sn7+ KTT88) would have to be measured. So that you can choose a tube that works in the linear range of the characteristic curve. This ensures that you have low distortion and a linear frequency response. Whether you like that afterwards I don't know. Sometimes it sounds more interesting when areas are not linear. Like set tube sound to non-impedance linear speakers.

Reactions: Thundersnow
Hey Horizon owners! Imagine no adapters existed in the world and you had to use a combination of tubes to go with your Horizon. Which pentodes/triodes/recti combo would you use for the best SQ?
If you can find the right combination that "works" without an adapter it can be advantageous. The right combination is so very system dependent. For me with the H being my only Tube Component it translates differently than perhaps someone with tube amps/pre. I use a adapter for my Valvo 2504, Tung Sol 6SN7GT Round Plates and KT 88's are my Pentodes/Triodes, obviously no adapters needed...

I don’t want to imagine a world without adapters:)
Without them we wouldn't nearly know what our systems can do or not do. They certainly stretch our ability to experiment..

Reactions: christoph
Mullard ecc32; TS 5u4g top getter or for less $ RCA 5u4g top getter; el34 xf2

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing