Lamps For Turntables

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Lol...plenty of those boxes to stack...great idea !

take a barbell weight plate the same size as the light base, cut a matching round of something rubber and grippy to place between the weight and the light base. then the light will stay in place when you adjust it and won't wobble. really works well to stabilize the light.

if it's flat on a wood, tile or concrete floor you likely don't need to mess with it. but all mine are on thick shag carpet, or like before on a raised shelf where I wanted to make sure it was stable.

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
Those lamps just aren't tall enough for some of my racks with the TT's on top. I need a lamp to clip on the top shelf, hence my choice. I like the looks of those lights...wish I could use them.
HI Christian,

Koncept make these to attach to a rack or wall. Just go to their web page & do a search.
I have mine attached to my SRA rack with no problem.
My others are floor standers like Mike's with wood blocks I made for stability on my carpet.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
HI Christian,

Koncept make these to attach to a rack or wall. Just go to their web page & do a search.
I have mine attached to my SRA rack with no problem.
My others are floor standers like Mike's with wood blocks I made for stability on my carpet.

I ended up ordering a floor stander last night. Looking forward to it. Thanks.

david.m

Jan 15, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I use the desk clamp attachment with my Koncept Solo, attached to the rack the HRS is sitting on.

DSC_0587.jpg

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Just went LittLite with weighted base. Seems like the standard in pro audio and MiUSA. My rack is too thick for a clamp :confused:

If this doesnt work, will entertain the pricier Koncept floor versions.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Just went LittLite with weighted base. Seems like the standard in pro audio and MiUSA. My rack is too thick for a clamp :confused:

If this doesnt work, will entertain the pricier Koncept floor versions.

Very cool. I’ve been looking for a quality non Chinese junk light. This manufacturer is right by my house!

Reactions: KeithR

MTB Vince

May 11, 2019
Dundas, ON Canada
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 1.00.13 AM.png

I just ordered one of these tall floor standing LED lights on Ebay where it was a little cheaper landed in Canada where I live. My GPA Brooklands wall mount installation requires a horizontal light located a minimum of 60" from the floor.

P1010339.JPG

None of the admittedly sleeker looking Koncepts LED floor lamps several of you seem to favor appeared tall enough to accommodate. I suspect that the light coming from the side as well as the top of this lamp design will be useful. I guess we'll see when it arrives in November.

Last edited:
Reactions: Folsom and KeithR

MTB Vince

May 11, 2019
Dundas, ON Canada
The LED floor lamp I ordered arrived today and works perfectly for the application. The illumination from the side as well as overhead makes cueing a record a breeze, even with every other light in the room off. And the light's width illuminates the CD tray of my Jay's Audio transport sufficiently to change CD's in the dark as well. Highly recommended for those of us with wall mounted turntables.

IMG_8392.JPG IMG_8394.JPG

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The illumination from the vertical part on the side is pretty cool.

What is the brand and model of this lamp?

Does it emit any buzz or hum?

MTB Vince

May 11, 2019
Dundas, ON Canada
The illumination from the vertical part on the side is pretty cool.

What is the brand and model of this lamp?

Does it emit any buzz or hum?
The light model is the Natalie made/designed by Jonathan Y. Plugged into one of my general purpose AC receptacles, rather than into my dedicated lines, the lamp emits no noise whatsoever. Nothing but light and that is in a pleasant warm white hue. I'd hazard a guess that the LED color temperature would be in the vicinity of 2700K. While this lamp doesn't sport industrial design quite as sexy as the Koncept lamps some of you are using and it's durability is unproven, its height and bi-directional illumination are really great.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing