LDMS Server

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
He was here on Wednesday ;) - set up his NAS and ROON core moved to this one and as well very nice uplift. As my server is I would say one of the older ones ordered new PS for his next visit and SPDIF upgrade…looking fw for those ones. Ah yes again he tweaked server as such so always some nice uplift in performance.
One just can’t appreciate his support enough…great stuff

Phon@ix

Jul 27, 2019
ZRH
He was here on Wednesday ;) - set up his NAS and ROON core moved to this one and as well very nice uplift. As my server is I would say one of the older ones ordered new PS for his next visit and SPDIF upgrade…looking fw for those ones. Ah yes again he tweaked server as such so always some nice uplift in performance.
One just can’t appreciate his support enough…great stuff
Luke’s NAS farm in Switzerland ;)

Attachments

• 79E1AA20-6380-4327-9A65-6B22797891B4.jpeg
    79E1AA20-6380-4327-9A65-6B22797891B4.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Haha
Reactions: christoph and Golum

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Given that I have the old SPDIF connection in my LDMS, LD suggested I try the new FTA Sinope. I went back to testing different USB cables. I am currently testing the FTA Callisto vs Tchernov Ultimate. I am waiting for the Sinope. I already have the David Bologna cord for the LDMS. LD said if he ever gets to the USA he will upgrade the SPDIF. I can say there was an immediate uptick in SQ when I went back; to the USB.

Reactions: Alrainbow

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Given that I have the old SPDIF connection in my LDMS, LD suggested I try the new FTA Sinope. I went back to testing different USB cables. I am currently testing the FTA Callisto vs Tchernov Ultimate. I am waiting for the Sinope. I already have the David Bologna cord for the LDMS. LD said if he ever gets to the USA he will upgrade the SPDIF. I can say there was an immediate uptick in SQ when I went back; to the USB.
I replaced the Callisto with a WyWires Diamond for use with an SSD feeding an Oppo. Clear difference. They have a 30 day audition and 40% off, and there’s a seriously overpriced used one for sale on head-fi.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
LD was here one week ago and brought by his new hybrid power supply. It took me not even 10 seconds to recognize it‘s massive improvement. Amazing mids and HF. At the beginning I missed LF but after +\- 1.5 days burn in it was also full and articulated. My sys got more micro details, dynamics and precision, better tonal separation, blacker background and bigger‘n‘higher soundstage. We got same results in Fabio’s system. It is very impressive what this new psu teases out of my chain. In my opinion a must have for every LDMS owner - great price/performance ratio.

Which umbilical are you using?

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
What amperage, size and type fuse(s) does the Mini with power supply use?

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I wonder if that would double in the States.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Thanks

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Please send a note to Lucas D. He sent me my new Power supply and I had asked him to put in an SR Purple fuse and ensure it was in the correct direction prior to sending it to me. He can tell you the amp size.

Reactions: christoph

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Anyone know about how much the Mini's main unit weighs?

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Anyone know about how much the Mini's main unit weighs?
I have a mini in a maxi so I can't help but I will tell you mine is very light. I would weigh it but
I am out of town

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Good to know. I was reading about 65 to 100 lb units and began to wonder.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Taiko Extreme was one. I’m forgetting the other.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Dr Domansky’s back in Zurich and has brought new MiniMax chassis incl. spdif reclocker and other yummy updates ... As always, great fun to have him here. Sounds killer!
I talked to LD on his way to your house from Arizona. I ordered one on the phone. I look forward to your comments in detail on the new unit.

Reactions: christoph

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
I talked to LD on his way to your house from Arizona. I ordered one on the phone. I look forward to your comments in detail on the new unit.
You won't regret your decision..it could be one of the best on audio gear selection. I bought mine years ago and just few days ago, LD still provides me his truthful support by helping me to upgrade my LDMS. Amazing and this has never been done before in audio industry. LD is the man!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing