LDMS Server

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I would assume huge majority of the population strolling around this forum has never heard about this music server but on the other hand, I for certain know that several of the esteemed members of the forum heard it and also posses it in their systems. Also LDMS as a brand has been participating quite intensively on the HiFi shows last year (Munich, Zurich, Athens, UK) so consumers are slowly but surely getting to know them. I've been introduced to Lukas when I jumped into LampizatOr ship and since we've been quite a lot in contact as he's been a really valuable source of help HiFi wise in general and of course digital source wise.
Having Auralic Aries Femto for quite some time I started to feel that this part of the chain is becoming a weak link and that it is the right time to move fw. Having a chance to hear the LDMS in @christoph system during one of our sessions last autumn, I made a decision to order LDMS with dedicated LPS.
Order was made primarily due to liking of what I've heard and secondly due to the fantastic post sales service he is offering (confirmed from several sides who already use LDMS).
After a long cold winter and with the spring finally coming, last Wednesday Lukas arrived to my place for a nice HiFi weekend with several other guys which was planned for months in advance and installed the long awaiting top model of his server. Entire process of installation went silk smooth - basically plug and play - installed the Roon on my tablet and voila - we've been in business and we could begin with listening sessions.
Before I jump to that, tech spec of the server I don't know and I did not ask - the only thing I know is that it can up sample if needed to DSD512 without any issue. It's Win16 Server based which is of course hard core moded for audio playback and the big portion of the secret sauce is there.
Sound wise honestly everything is just so much better that it's kind of difficult to describe or maybe just saying "so much better" explains it all. Dynamics, conveying of the emotions, soundstage, musician pinpointing, stage as a whole, decay, bass tightness and extension,... you name it - the improvement is there and not by small margin but rather significant.
Maybe things should improve further with some burn in but even if they stay as they are now I'm a super happy customer/owner of LDMS.

Thanks a lot Lukas!

Few pictures for the illustration:

e9a95eb2-c4c8-4512-8582-3cd8b32f7ee2.jpeg 14d879a3-7125-4c4e-86f1-347fafcfee8c.jpeg 55DC6861-79F5-45EF-95AD-5169B8865E92.jpeg LDMS 2.jpg

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I heard the SQ improvement over what you had before and can agree that this is GREAT value for money in the server game. The support level is also extremely high.

If you don't have uber-server money, this is your affordable ticket to the big leagues of quality digital sources.

Reactions: christoph and Golum

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Website, please.

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
Hi Goran..glad that you made that decision. I have mine since November last year..I should say, Lucas provides the best customer service. He stands firm on his product and shares everything he knows without hesitation. He is a genius in this field.

I replaced the stock fuse with SR Blue and patiently waited for it to fully settle down. Please note that the LPS is very sensitive towards power cord you use. I have tried several models I have including JPS Aluminata and I have to settle with Anticable Reference 3 instead. Try playing around with power cord and the difference in sound is so obvious. :)

Reactions: christoph

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I agree with all positive opinions about LDMS and Lukasz himself.
I intend to have his server on loan for a week or two after first , very promissing presentation at home a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• 57218A0E-50F2-4DF0-B668-FDF7FEE50DEE.jpeg
    57218A0E-50F2-4DF0-B668-FDF7FEE50DEE.jpeg
    633.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 268638CD-6C65-4EE6-B69B-9C9BD4E2FABF.jpeg
    268638CD-6C65-4EE6-B69B-9C9BD4E2FABF.jpeg
    658.6 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: christoph and Golum

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
page didn't update in time...stuck on old page.
lol

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Hi Goran..glad that you made that decision. I have mine since November last year..I should say, Lucas provides the best customer service. He stands firm on his product and shares everything he knows without hesitation. He is a genius in this field.

I replaced the stock fuse with SR Blue and patiently waited for it to fully settle down. Please note that the LPS is very sensitive towards power cord you use. I have tried several models I have including JPS Aluminata and I have to settle with Anticable Reference 3 instead. Try playing around with power cord and the difference in sound is so obvious. :)
Thanks Vince!
Cables wise I intend to play with FTA and for sure I'll have them make me custom ones for the LPS to server connection ;)

Reactions: christoph

CATfriend

Jan 31, 2013
Deutschland
Unfortunately I do not speak English. Google helps me translate!
I regularly read attentively the contributions that interest me for the WBF.
I only write something when I think that an exceptionally good product deserves thepresentation.
For me, the FTA Callisto USB-Kabeland the LDMS server are these products.
I bought the FTA USB cable together with an LDMS U2 music server.
Lucas installed the LDMS with me in January.
I own a lampizator SE GG 2 Pacific Edition with the 2 additional driver tubes including integrated preamp.
Before that I had the GG1 and the Aurender S10.
The LDMS server and the FTA USB cable have brought my music taken to a whole new level.
It plays in my music system authentically, homogeneously and as live.
She acoustic enemy details I hear now, are much clearer and more obvious.
The music sounds even more powerful, dynamic and homogeneous.
She fills the room with sound substance and musical energy, which is very important for my sense of authentic perception.
The music touches me emotionally much better now.
She sounds very analog and invites me to listening to music for hours.
Of course, the sound result is also dependent on the listening room and the music components used.
The LDMS plays stable with me, without any problems, no crashes or dropouts while listening to music.
I recommend, if possible, testing the LDMS and too FTA Callisto that in its own music system.
I think a listening pleasure is guaranteed.
Without FTA cable, the music loses its tonal balance. I miss then the authenticity.
Also the excellent service of Lucas is worth mentioning.
I had a great many questions and requests before buying the LDMS.
I was afraid that Lucas loses patience because of my many questions and wishes.
I used to keep Lucas away often from his work with my emails.
Lucas always answered very friendly and detailed immediately and implemented my wishes.
For me an exemplary service that is not taken for granted nowadays.
I'm looking forward to listening to many hours of music with the LDMS server and FTA cable.

Reactions: Golum and christoph

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I have been building servers for some 7 years back long enough to be in the dark ages
pre any thought of servers built for the purpose. It was simple build it fast build it with what ever was the big thing anyone was talking about but
back then and even now CPA was the place to hang. And anyone who did any programming were above god himself.
Well gods get replaced too it digital audio.
So some 5 years ago I found out about two people
who in my world began the audio nirvana we are in
one is a man named Paul pang the other is audio Phil
One man made the many tweaks that still apply even today
the second is the one god left standing after many years of godly killings
he was the programmer. The man who actually made the mods some use now.

Now the man golum speaks of is both of the past giants in one
he is the godly programmer and the nerd in tweaking to perfection

Anyone who tweaks like me knows there's a fine balance in making it better and making it worse as we apply layers of therm.

This man has helped me reach levels I never could without him.
He is a tech in power , and programming as well a very meticulous builder
me I make it work get the cover on lol. He makes it look great in and out. Then does what no one else does he uses parts he makes and software he writes.
He uses an OS most all run from as it's very technical. But the rewards are amazing. A must hear. Many severs have there own sound and tweaks that make it so
but he makes servers that can sound as needed and he can make the changes remotely even after its setup and playing. No one does this.
For any one who wants to hear one come see me in nyc
or email him the man is way below the ultra high players Cost.
A honest audio builder who loves great sound and knows how to make it so in your system
this is pc we all need and never get.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Guys, you're mentioning using an outboard LPS w this server. Is this a Lucas unit included in the cost, or the kind of bespoke unit one would spend €700-1000 with eg Ken Lau or Paul Hynes?

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Guys, you're mentioning using an outboard LPS w this server. Is this a Lucas unit included in the cost, or the kind of bespoke unit one would spend €700-1000 with eg Ken Lau or Paul Hynes?
It is included in the price.
Maybe worthwhile mentioning - front panel can be also done from some exotic wood if you choose so with a price premium on top..

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
There's an interesting 2 box Paul Pang server that apparently is the only quad switch unit in existence, rrp €7k. It would be relevant maybe to reference the entry LDMS at the same price against it.

Re LDMS, what does the €15k unit give you that the €7k one doesn't? And €15k is in esteemed company, w the Pink Faun 2.16x, and the SGM Evo just €5k more.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
My LDMS arrived last weekend, and I concur with all that is said above regarding sound quality. I spent a few months with a demo unit and when it went back, my system using a Naim Unitiserve sounded broken. Mine has the latest spec reclocker built in, which is a further enhancement.

One word of caution - these are not plug-and-play devices as they are bespoke to individual set-ups. This can cause some frustrations, but as noted above, Lucas is very responsive in helping. Also, there can be long lead times in building them given their bespoke nature.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
There's an interesting 2 box Paul Pang server that apparently is the only quad switch unit in existence, rrp €7k. It would be relevant maybe to reference the entry LDMS at the same price against it.

Re LDMS, what does the €15k unit give you that the €7k one doesn't? And €15k is in esteemed company, w the Pink Faun 2.16x, and the SGM Evo just €5k more.
Did not try those so I'm not relevant to comment. But as You are in UK as far as I understand, Lukas is very open to 1:1 comparisons...
Esteemed companies wise - they've all started from scratch at some point, fighting for customers/consumers with their products in order to stay with their nose above the water and I believe Lukas is doing/trying the same with his product first of all and with his immaculate service he is offering.

But again - try it out in your system and see how it goes...maybe you like it maybe not and it does not cost anything except some time ;)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Golum, he'd hate me as a customer.
Re streaming/computer audio, I'm an unholy hybrid of: reluctant adopter and "all thumbs". I'll reach out to him.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Golum, he'd hate me as a customer.
Re streaming/computer audio, I'm an unholy hybrid of: reluctant adopter and "all thumbs". I'll reach out to him.
No worries ;)
You might end up realizing that digital can sound nice/good/great and seductive or in worst case you just continue enjoying your stuff...win/win scenario

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Oh, I love good digital, my cdp at home and SOTA server/dac at a friend. It's just the concept and implementation of streaming that is my biggest learning curve/inbuilt aversion to, that I'm having to get past. But that's stated numerous times elsewhere, no need to bore people again.

If I need my hand held/pushed into the pool, this area is it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing