LDMS Server

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Adam, I'm sure that's why Robert Fripp of King Crimson held out this long on putting his music out on streaming...he's the guy who had a long term feud w EG Records about lack of/greatly delayed royalties back in the days of LP and CD sales.
I'm still 100% buying music, fully 5" and 12" discs...how on Earth is the current day artist who is not Adele or Eddie Sheeran gonna survive hundreths of a pittance of streaming fees?

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I think that's why touring has become a vital part of an artist's income, which clearly isn't happening at the moment.

I think the most constructive thing about streaming is the ability to discover music you wouldn't ordinarily come across - I've bought a load of stuff over the last few years that I doubt I'd have got if I hadn't listened via streaming first of all.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I just ordered my LMDS today to go along with my recent order of the Lampizator Pacific DAC. These two units will replace my Lumin X-1, which
I think is a great DAC / Streamer. I can't wait to get both units. Lucas has been really super to work with.

Magnuska

Nov 21, 2020
Congrats. A mini or maxi?

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
I just ordered my LMDS today to go along with my recent order of the Lampizator Pacific DAC. These two units will replace my Lumin X-1, which
I think is a great DAC / Streamer. I can't wait to get both units. Lucas has been really super to work with.
Congratulations on your choice. I have mine since 26 months ago and never have regretted ever since. You're right, Lucas is a true gentleman!!! You'll be amazed when he starts waving his magic wand. :)

Reactions: christoph

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Congrats :cool:

ihmeyers

VIP/Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Palm Beach County, Florida
I received my LDMS Tuesday and it's set-up and breaking in. Sounds very nice with my Lampi TRP DAC. We still have a little bit of work to do to get the re-clocking output going because the combo of the LDMS/FTA Calisto USB cable/Lampi DAC (with JL Audio USB) won't play nicely together. Lucas has experienced this before with JL board so I'm borrowing a Laboga cable from him to try instead.

Magnuska

Nov 21, 2020
I received my LDMS Tuesday and it's set-up and breaking in. Sounds very nice with my Lampi TRP DAC. We still have a little bit of work to do to get the re-clocking output going because the combo of the LDMS/FTA Calisto USB cable/Lampi DAC (with JL Audio USB) won't play nicely together. Lucas has experienced this before with JL board so I'm borrowing a Laboga cable from him to try instead.
Congrats!
I am waiting for a Pico soon I hope. A bit worrying the thing you say about the potential problems with JL board. I have also such in my DAC. Are you saying its not working with FTA calisto USB cable only? Are you using a reclocker like mastertime or the small one from Ideon. Would this work and what is the solution?
Thank you!

Omar12

Mar 18, 2021
I received my LDMS server one month ago, its upgraded with david laboga internal usb cable from mother bord to the reclocker , david laboga umbilical cord from the lpsu to the server with ideion 3r black star reclocker , i connect it to my Aries cerat Genus amplifier and Kassandra Ref2 dac and using the cube nenphar Speaker, in the beginning the sound was great but after 5 days of break in it was totally different beast !! I couldn’t believe that it sound that good its dose totally everything i need in the music. its very fast and extremely transparent , very organic and smooth , the sound stage expand beyond the walls !, very tight bass , dead black background, the depth is crazy and it has all macro and micro dynamics crazy amount of details i never heard before its extremely musical !! It can show me what my equipment and cables capable of!!
I used a number of expensive streamers 2 times the price of ldms at least ,and they don’t even reach the Ldms level!! Its really a bargain and great value for money, lucas was very helpful i was talking to him every day and every night ! he was always available for me and he respond very fast whenever i need hem or when i face any problem its the best customer support i ever saw!! A4FFCF76-7E86-48E8-8C18-2C822B6F8A4C.jpeg

Last edited:

Phon@ix

Jul 27, 2019
ZRH
Congrats!
I am waiting for a Pico soon I hope. A bit worrying the thing you say about the potential problems with JL board. I have also such in my DAC. Are you saying its not working with FTA calisto USB cable only? Are you using a reclocker like mastertime or the small one from Ideon. Would this work and what is the solution?
Thank you!
Had the same issue in my chain but Lucas is the digital wizard himself and fixed it. Communication between LDMS + Ideon Master + TRP works perfect now with FTA Callisto. Best USB cable imho.

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
d the same issue in my chain but Lucas is the digital wizard himself and fixed it. Communication between LDMS + Ideon Master + TRP works perfect now with FTA Callisto. Best USB cable imho.
Congrats!
Thank you!
Interesting, I'll share my experience perhaps it will help someone to mitigate:
at first I had my Atlantic paired and operating perfectly together with the small 3r reclocker in the Ldms,
then I've moved up to TRP Dac, again it was all fine until later down the line, I was convinced to upgrade USB to JL card, overall it has caused more issues than good,
as prior to swap, exact same kit has operated for almost a year and did it absolutely flawlessly,
then since I had it back, two out of three USB cables refused to cooperate ( including a printer cable!)
I've also tried it with simple diy linux streamer which is used in my 2nd room...same result, and then again with LDMS Mini in the main system, same results... it was frustrating to say the least, later after some back and forth, it has became clear that out of a sudden my Wi-Fi router somehow began to interfere, which wasn't an issue before... reducing the broadcast power and moving it further away from the DAC has solved the situation for now, also while tinkering around my equipment, Lucas has increased the buffer slightly, and so far so good, hopefully there will be new driver or firmware for JL sounds, it appears this interface is somehow more fragile, otherwise I would consider retrofitting Amanero back in, as apparently after the troublesome history of early Amanero ( like 7 years ago and counting ) it seems that now, the flash "2006_11be" works just fine across windows and linux, this is version which I had loaded, zero issues before the whole USB card swap.

Last edited:

VoicesInMyHead

Apr 7, 2018
Sweden
I'll continue with the experience sharing. I recently had an Ideon Master Time on loan from a retailer. I literally tried everything to make it work with the JL card in my Lampi B3, it just didn't. When attached to a computer it complained about being underpowered. Not sure it actually had to do with the JL card though, connecting a USB stick while troubleshooting gave the same problem.

Then I got to try the small 3R Renaissance model and it worked right away. I was told the model I had on loan was older and to distinguish it from a newer model there was a small PCB about 4x4cm close to the USB input attached to the main PCB, this card in the unit I had was green, where it in the newer models are red.

1616149809141.png

Even the small Ideon 3R helped to improve the sound nicely and I was really curious about the Master Time, but unfortunately I never got around trying the replaced PCB for the MT as I decided to go in another direction so I don't know if it actually did help to replace it, but I was told it should.

Last edited:
Reactions: Golum

Jon

Oct 23, 2012
I have been the very happy owner of the LDMS server for over a year. I have been unequivocally satisfied with its performance, but Lucas reached out to me saying there was an update to the server. He installed the update this morning and this great server is even better. Soundstage, detail, dynamics are the best I have ever experienced. Lucas takes care of his customers! I urge anyone looking for a server to include the LDMS as a possibility. It is a great value as well. Listening to Joni Mitchell Hejira currently. Just beautiful.! B634E0B1-97BB-4C8C-87C8-1CEF9CCBF84F.jpeg

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Of Roon? All units i know of, have Roon server installed on it and Roon UI is known so no point of picture.

Magnuska

Nov 21, 2020
Of Roon? All units i know of, have Roon server installed on it and Roon UI is known so no point of picture.
I think he means managing the server itself. Choosing outputs, player software (if available) and so on with entering the units IP adress. Don`t think this i doable with Lucas servers?

Reactions: onsionsi

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I believe those settings are admin locked - never needed them nor wanted to play with them anyhow.

Reactions: Magnuska

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing