LessLoss Cables

donkeyshark

Oct 30, 2021
Denmark
Not to be abrasive but what on earth was he doing with Chord cables in the first place. If ever there was a case of marketing over music it’s Chord IMHO. Don’t believe their hype- they spend hugely on advertising and that goes a loooong way particularly in the British press. They do lovely ads by the way.
Beats me too. I think he was buying a seemingly great price reduction instead of the best cables before he reached out to us. Regretting bitterly now that he heard the real thing, then again we all have to learn, don't we? Guess that's what this forum is all about. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cableman

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
Beats me to. I think he was buying a seemingly great price reduction instead of the best cables before he reached out to us. Regretting bitterly now that he heard the real thing, then again we all have to learn, don't we? Guess that's what this forum is all about. ;)
Indeed! Ask me too. I know a little about cables lol

Geir

Nov 13, 2021
As promised here are some more comments on the Entropic RCA digital after a good week of burn-in and extensive listening. I have published the same comments in the User Reviews section on the LessLoss homepage.

Review of the new LessLoss C-MARC RCA Entropic Process digital cable

A year and a half ago I upgraded to a “plain” C-Marc RCA digital, happily finding that it, in terms of musicality and naturalness, considerately bettered the Sound Quality of my upgraded and reclocked USB chain from streamer to DAC with the respectable Curious Enhanced cable. The improvement of SQ was mainly in terms of more naturalness, musicality, and ease of flow in the performance - all well-known LessLoss virtues. The C-MARC gave me countless hours of wonderfully involving listening to all kinds of different music styles for a year and a half and to a much cheaper price than the USB spaghetti chain. Meanwhile I had heard hints of an upgrade with the Entropic Process and had been dying to buy one ever since.

Ten days ago, I finally received the upgraded C-Marc Digital RCA Entropic Process cable by my UPS bicycle carrier (this is Copenhagen, after all!).

The new LL RCAs have beautifully crafted wooden plugs on both ends, and, after having put LessLoss Bindbreaker footers under all my equipment with stunning results last summer, I was anticipating some of their virtues to sort of carry over, hopefully removing micro vibrations normally present in metal plugs of even the finest interconnects.

Spoiler alert: I was not disappointed but overwhelmed by the new baby.

Inserting the new cable fresh out of the bag between my dCS Network Bridge and my Steinway&Sons SL-1, everything in the sound landscape changed immediately for the better - and the change was all but small. Of course, everything bettered over burn-in time but more on that later:

• Greater and more well-defined room - behind speakers, in front of speakers, outside speakers, image height increased to a more believable size, and the sense of air around performers turned much more prominent.
  • Much improved resolution of micro detail gave richer textures and greater “transport” of emotions from artists to listener.
  • Explosive macro detail with greater ease.
  • Overall, the speed of transients on both macro- and microlevel increased which improved the difficult task of combining the ability of your setup to play with the lightness of a fawn when demanded, and conversely being just as heavy-handed and lead filled on music with such demands whether classical, electro or heavy metal. Not a small task in my book, but oh, so nice.
Regarding burn-in, you can find a lot on that subject in some of the technical writings on the LessLoss homepage, but let me sum up my, and three other well versed audiophile friends’ listening experience with this particular cable. As one of them purchased his own copy simultaneously but did not use it for the first week, we had the rare opportunity to repeat the listening session of the burn-in yesterday. This time not in my Steinway&Sons setup, but in a friend’s very different stereo. In my setup there was as stated an immediate big improvement. A slight rawness disappeared mostly after the first twenty minutes, and four hours into the listening session it was hard to find any drawbacks. Still, over the next days the sound kept improving, but there was never any really bad sound during break-in as happens so often with non-entropic cables. Even through my friend’s alternative setup it was, to our ears, extremely easy to hear a replica of what had happened in my music room a week earlier, so we left a very happy friend who was feeling somewhat overwhelmed by the magnitude of correction which he had never quite expected upgrading from the regular C-MARC. Two hours into the session he declared that he was now ready to order Entropic speaker cables from LessLoss as well to replace his much more expensive Chord cables.

The sound, or maybe better the non-sound, of the Entropic Process whether applied to speaker cables, firewalls, power cables or as now interconnects is so consistent that, once you know it and have lived with it, you can recognize it immediately by its ease of flow, musicality, dynamics, and natural sound.

It is imperative for me to state that, in no way are the non-entropic products from LL bad or flawed. On the contrary, they are top products who will serve extremely well in well assembled setups of very high class as well as in more modest setups.

The knack is, however, the Entropic Process seems to add so much out of this World to the equation that I’d advice all of you to step into that universe the sooner the better. The real craziness is that it probably doesn’t add very much but remove stuff
  • That just might be why wizard Louis Motek chose the name Less Loss (meaning more gain?).
  • At least, that’s what it sounds like to my ears. A true Zen experience.
To not make this longer than necessary I have not added every little detail here, so feel free to ask anything that might be of further interest.

Kind regards from Copenhagen
Great review. I think one of most important qualities with the Lessloss cables is the coherence in the music that is played. You start to grasp the creative expression, and stop looking for audiophile terms in describing the sound. The coherence is both between the individual instruments, but the different passages of music within one track is also connected in a better way. Leaving me as a listener with a more holistic experience. You describe it as "ease og flow". I agree with. That liquid flow is free from grain and contributes to listening sessions without feeling fatigued.

louawalters

Jul 21, 2020
Great review. I think one of most important qualities with the Lessloss cables is the coherence in the music that is played. You start to grasp the creative expression, and stop looking for audiophile terms in describing the sound. The coherence is both between the individual instruments, but the different passages of music within one track is also connected in a better way. Leaving me as a listener with a more holistic experience. You describe it as "ease og flow". I agree with. That liquid flow is free from grain and contributes to listening sessions without feeling fatigued.
Great Review!

Does anyone here have experience with Entropic Speaker Cables, and comparisons with what they replaced? I have upgraded NuPrime Evolution One mono blocks running off of LL CMARC + Firewall 64 power cords.. Speaker cables are two runs of SilverSmith Audio Fidelium spearker cables to my Von Schweikert VR 5 Anniversary MK 2.5 (last ones built by Albert). These VR5 sound best with two identical runs of speaker cable - one to the top mid / tweet module, and another to the base module. I really like the SS, but I think sometimes can be just a tad too lean with the Class D Monos. Appreciate any feedback from owners of LL Entropic Speaker Cables, since they are on my short list - along with Cardas Clear.

Thanks
Lou

Nelsen

Dec 21, 2021
Ottima recensione. Penso che una delle qualità più importanti dei cavi Lessloss sia la coerenza nella musica che viene suonata. Inizi a cogliere l'espressione creativa e smetti di cercare termini audiofili per descrivere il suono. La coerenza è sia tra i singoli strumenti, ma anche i diversi passaggi musicali all'interno di una traccia sono collegati in modo migliore. Lasciandomi come ascoltatore con un'esperienza più olistica. Lo descrivi come "facilità e flusso". Sono d'accordo con. Quel flusso di liquido è privo di grana e contribuisce alle sessioni di ascolto senza sentirsi affaticati.
Che una delle qualità più importanti dei cavi Lessloss sia la coerenza nella musica che viene suonata.
Ciao .
Partirei di quì solo per dirti che in ogni caso la tua esperienza va messa in relazione a quello che è il tuo sistema, alla musica che ami, e anche a come la scolti tu.
Solo questo

AudioBear

Apr 29, 2015
Lou, I don't have experience of using the LessLoss Entropic speaker cables (or comparison to the SilverSmith), but had the same problem with the ribbons in my speakers, a bit thin. We run short LessLoss C-MARC Entropic Jumpers (speaker) cables connected to LessLoss Firewall for Loudspeakers from the crossover to the ribbon unit. It is only a very short distance and we use some Nanotec cable on the bass/mid unit with another set of Firewall for Loudspeakers. It did seem to flesh out the sound, with more body and a better fluid feel. Some people have even tried 2 x Firewall for Loudspeakers on each speaker cable run, for even more benefit. It might be a good place to start as they offer home trials?

We also have the LessLoss Entropic Power Cables and the upgraded LessLoss C-MARC 640x & plain 640x Firewall for mains on most items, all very good and adding to the relaxed, fluid but detailed sound all LessLoss seem to manage. I should also mention in the interest of more body, that we recently added the new LessLoss C-MARC Entropic RCA unbalanced cable between our DAC and Amps, it seemed to make quite a big difference and something you might want to also look at.

Hope this helps?

NEW: Entropic Process option

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing