LHC 208 vs cth 8550

Superchunk

Feb 19, 2023
Hello. I currently have a LHC 208 and i was curious if anyone would be able to give a comparison to the 8550, in sound or tech or both. I haven't really been able to find significant in depth analysis of either. Perhaps I'm just failing in my searches but I figured someone here may be able to weigh in.

Cheers

germinal

Nov 5, 2021
Sorry.. I only have the 8550..

I d say get the cheaper one with build in DAC and be happy ;)

Superchunk

Feb 19, 2023
Sorry.. I only have the 8550..

I d say get the cheaper one with build in DAC and be happy ;)
Yup that's the one I have :)

The DAC sounds really really good but I still only listen to vinyl so I'm thinking of making a change. I was considering the 8550 as a possible change. Used they are around the same general price.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing