Low compliance MC cartridge

Ozzi

Nov 27, 2015
From the whole list that I see here, none of the MC cartridges will rock music !
If you understand what should be in the sound, mid-bass and a lot of bass.
The only MC cartridge that I've heard a lot of bass from Sensitive Sound, Ortofon SPU.

Exlibris

Oct 7, 2015
Canada
systems.audiogon.com
From the whole list that I see here, none of the MC cartridges will rock music !
If you understand what should be in the sound, mid-bass and a lot of bass.
The only MC cartridge that I've heard a lot of bass from Sensitive Sound, Ortofon SPU.
I'm sure there's a thread on this forum that talks about MC cartridges for certain genres of music. I'd also be willing to bet that at least one person on that thread would argue that a great cartridge is simply a great cartridge and that it will play whatever is in the groove without addition or subtraction.

Ozzi

Nov 27, 2015
Of course it is! Then the search for MC cartridges will only expand,
in any case, you need to find the Golden mean for yourself.

Exlibris

Oct 7, 2015
Canada
systems.audiogon.com
I'm looking for recommendations on a low compliance MC cartridge.
Specifications
Mass: <10 grams
Compliance: low
Output: >0.29 mV
Output impedance <11 Ohms
Loading: ~200 ohms

Budget:
<$5,000 USD (new, retail)
Current candidates in no particular order:

1. Koetsu:
Black Goldline
(other Koetsu as well)

2. My Sonic Lab:
Eminent Ex (GL)

3. Hana:
ML

4. Air Tight:
PC-7

5. Ikeda:
9TS

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing