MEET AND GREET LUKAS FIKUS AND EMILE BOK - HEAR THE HORIZON 360/ TAIKO OLYMPUS & IO

steve williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It was Feb 2022 when the LampizatOr DAC was introduced to the world and I was proud to be the first recipient and was even prouder to help Lukas Fikus launch this magnificent product by having a weekend long open house at my home here in Southern California. There were about 45 attendees during that weekend and it was a huge success. Half the fun was meeting many WBF members

Well since that time the Horizon has been eclipsed with the just released Horizon 360 and I am once again happy to announce that those members , friends, relatives and audiophiles who wish to hear this most amazing DAC will be able to do such as once again I will be hosting a weekend long OPEN HOUSE for all interested

Please mark your calendars. Lukasz is confirmed to be attending from Poland and Fred (LampiNA) will be coming from New York for the event

This will be by RSVP only as I live in a guard gated community in Southern California and only those whose names are at the gate willl be admitted by the guard

Lukasz arrives the evening of Oct 31/2024 and we will get the system tweaked to his satisfaction on Friday and begin festivities Friday evening Nov 1/2024 for those who want an early audition. I suspect most people will prefer to attend on Saturday and/or Sunday November 2-3. For those who know me or attended the last event, you now that my room is modestly sized and I will need to stagger listening times to accommodate all attendees. Feel free to spend the day here as I will be providing light snacks and refreshments as I did the last time

Since the last open house my Server has changed and most know that previously I showed the Horizon with the Taiko Extreme. Well suffice it to say that I am a die hard LampizatOr and Taiko fan so the server side of my system this time will be the just released Taiko Audio Olympus and IO with the Taiko XDMI Digital cards using the newly released and updated KBL XDMI cable.

With that in mind there is continues to be strong hope that Emile and Christoph (tsaett) will be able to attend to also demo this most amazing battery powered server. I am also of the hope that if Emile is able to attend that he will be bringing an IO with the Taiko XDMI analogue card. I have the analogue card but for purposes of a faster A-B test a second IO would help maker for a speedier transition as my IO sits below the Olympus and it would take some time and manpower to switch out my digital XDMI card for the Analogue XDMI card. This will be of great interest for those considering the use of the analogue card in lieu of an outboard DAC

However the Taiko 360 will be on full display and spending sufficient time in use for all to hear. I think for semantics, I am leaning towards the Horizon 360 for all of Friday, Saturday morning and then switch to the analogue XDMI card (if Emile is present). Sunday I would likely run the same schedule if Emile is present

If Emile is unable to make this planned event most listening will be done with the new Horizon 360

To say a few words as to Emile being present......Taiko Audio is finally back to all staff being present and Emile is only going to attend if he feels comfortable that he and his staff are able to bring the Olympus and IO production rate up to a number that he feels comfortable leaving Oldenzaal for a few days. His priority is to get everyone's orders out in a timely fashion.

If Emile finds Nov 1-3 being still too soon for him to reach that comfort level I want all who read this to know that a second weekend open house event will be held with a date determined by Emile......so to all rest assured and feel comfortable to attend one or both events (should a second one become necessary). I have told Emile not to feel any pressure to make this event as his only goal is to get production ramped up sufficiently that he feels comfortable in attending. If not a second weekend open house will be in the works

So for all who want to attend please contact me by Private Message here at WBF. I will need full name as well as names of any one else attending with you for purposes of the gate passes as well as to plan for adequate refreshments and snacks

I reside in beautiful Southern California in south Orange County where the weather should be divine for the event. Fothose needing a hotel, there are several affordable and good ones within a 10 minute drive to my house.

Those who will be flying in, the quickest airport is John Wayne Airport (SNA) or Los Angeles (LAX) or San Diego (SAN)

Finally depending on interest I am planning to take Lukasz, Fred,, Emile and Christoph along with all interested for a great dinner by the ocean in either Laguna Beach or Dana Point

Please contact me here via PM for my address, hotel names and number of guests etc.

This promises to be a great weekend. Lukasz is booked to leave on Sunday evening out of LAX on a 900 PM flight so Sunday listening will have to be done by 400 PM at the latest for me to get him to Los Angeles. Listening each day will start at 1000and go to 600 PM Saturday and to 400 PPM on Sunday

Friday evening will be open for those who wish to come for an early listen

So mark your calendars and I look forward to once again meeting WBF members from last visit and to make new acquaintances for those attending for the first time

I will be posting this same announcement throughout pertinent locations on WBF so all interested can attend

Steve Williams, aka oneobgyn
There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
My System

Last edited:
For the numerous out of town guests who have yet to book a hotel here is a very nice hotel about 10 minutes from my house with reasonable rates

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu