MIT Oracle MA digital vs MA-X digital?

swatello

Apr 17, 2020
Hello Guys!
I am using MIT Oracle MA rca spdif cable with articulation selector. I found such cable is totally enjoyable for me with neutral tonal balance, very deep, articulate with smooth details.
But, the top line of such series is digital MA-X and on the photo it’s looks absolutely similar )
Does anyone compare directly MA vs MA-X ?
Maybe it hasn’t sense )
My audiophile worm continue to gnaw me, how much can there be a strong difference between MA and MA-X ?
Thanks.

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017

swatello

Apr 17, 2020
Are you sure you're not getting yourself confused? To my knowledge, anything with an articulation selector is in the MA-X line. I looked up the MA digital version 2 and there is no articulator:

https://mitcables.com/product/oracle-ma-rev-2-digital-interconnect-sp-dif/

Hello Bar81,
I think Rev 2 is a new version without selector. This is marketing ))) Lol

I have exactly same example like MA-X ))
So, i wonder how is difference between MA and MA-X
I have an idea that is absolutely similar cables
))

Attachments

• C6B1889E-A667-4D35-A6BB-FA901D81A507.jpeg
    C6B1889E-A667-4D35-A6BB-FA901D81A507.jpeg
    337 KB · Views: 18

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
Interesting. Best to ask MIT as it's probably a model that was produced just before MA-X. It will depend on whether they were just refining the performance for the MA-X (performance very similar) or it was just a basis for the MA-X design (large difference in performance).

Based on my experience with interconnects, there is no real difference between MA and MA-X interconnects (even the latest MA-X are a touch faster than the MA - otherwise identical performance - but to hear even that difference you need to be using a full loom of the latest MA-X ICs with the new ACC SCs) if you are not using the articulation switch (keeping it at 0). You seem to be using the articulation switch so there might be a large difference.

Last edited:

swatello

Apr 17, 2020
Yeah,
I am using articulation switch, i have already tried all positions, i prefer to add some articulation. So just use position 5.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I will be getting an S/PDIF MA Rev2 next week to use with my second DAC, and compare against the MA-X AES/EBU I have for the first DAC. Not the best 1-1 comparison (given S/PDIF vs AES/EBU) but it may tell something. I hate the articulation switch on the MA-X, but it does what is advertised: changes the sound

Last edited:

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
Unless you're using the articulation there should be no difference.

Agreed that I never use the articulation switched on the -X products, they are gimmicks and what they do ime is unnaturally move the Soundstage forward or back.

swatello

Apr 17, 2020
Hello guys!
I have tested in my system old aes/ebu mit oracle proline vs my current ma digital, aes/ebu has a bit relaxed presentation, some slowly and really warm, spdif ma digital is really better with all aspects. What about articulation selector so i like how does it work, for me it helps to find better balance between deep soundstage and details.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Maybe some MIT dealer could chime in here on their digital ic and differences.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I will be getting an S/PDIF MA Rev2 next week to use with my second DAC, and compare against the MA-X AES/EBU I have for the first DAC. Not the best 1-1 comparison (given S/PDIF vs AES/EBU) but it may tell something. I hate the articulation switch on the MA-X, but it does what is advertised: changes the sound
So, as expected, I am not finding any differences between either AES/EBU and S/PDIF with redbook and both DACs, and consequently the cables themselves - easy to tell by swapping between inputs on the DACs. I am always using the middle articulation position on the MA-X.

What this also says is that MA Rev2 is a tremendous digital cable. So much so that it elevated the performance of my heavily modified Berkeley Alpha above the Yggy2's, in terms of truth of timbre (especially in the treble region), accuracy and transparency, while the Yggy2 maintains a slightly higher dynamic headroom and more meat on the bones, at the expense of purer truth of timbre. The Alpha's performance is simply exhilarating with the MA Rev2. I am keeping both DACs and cables.

Reactions: Scott W

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing