MSB Select II arrival

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Ken, the Dragon powercords maybe more detailed than the Hurricane, but does it lean out the sound ? Silver power cords like the Nordost I have tried seem to overemphasize the speed and details but some what lose the meat on the bones. Regards
Hi Ationg,

The sound is not leaned out at all. I wouldn’t like the Dragons Source Power Cords so much if this were the case. AudioQuest is one of the few companies using silver conductors in their cables that do not thin out the midrange or sound overly bright in the treble. This is due to the use of perfect surface silver and solid core conductors that eliminate strand interactions. Consequently, you get the speed, detail and transparency of silver conductors without the downside.

I am completing my AudioQuest loom of silver cables and I couldn’t be happier with what I’m hearing. I also believe the sound quality of my system benefits from the synergy derived by using the Dragon Source PC’s in conjunction with the AudioQuest Niagara 5000 power conditioner.

Best,
Ken

Last edited:
Reactions: ationg and Saleh84

ationg

Aug 8, 2016
Hi Ationg,

The sound is not leaned out at all. I wouldn’t like the Dragons Source Power Cords so much if this were the case. AudioQuest is one of the few companies using silver conductors in their cables that do not thin out the midrange or sound overly bright in the treble. This is due to the use of perfect surface silver and solid core conductors that eliminate strand interactions. Consequently, you get the speed, detail and transparency of silver conductors without the downside.

I am completing my AudioQuest loom of silver cables and I couldn’t be happier with what I’m hearing. I also believe the sound quality of my system benefits from the synergy derived by using the Dragon Source PC’s in conjunction with the AudioQuest Niagara 5000 power conditioner.

Best,
Ken
Ken, thanks. Off topic a little. Did you try out the Dragon HC also?
Regards

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Ken, thanks. Off topic a little. Did you try out the Dragon HC also?
Regards

Hi Ationg,

No, I haven’t tried the Dragon HC Power Cords yet. I am considering replacing my Hurricane HC Power Cord that runs from the wall to my Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner with the Dragon HC. My dealer, who also owns the Select II DAC, has a full loom of Dragon Power Cords. He said placing the Dragon HC between the wall and the Niagara 5000 is a no brainer and results in a significant improvement in sound quality. The improvement derived by using the Dragon HC’s on the amps is apparently much more variable and very much amp dependent.

Ken

Last edited:

seriouslyhifi

Mar 19, 2013
Hi Ationg,

No, I haven’t tried the Dragon HC Power Cords yet. I am considering replacing my Hurricane HC Power Cord that runs from the wall to my Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner with the Dragon HC. My dealer, who also owns the Select II DAC, has a full loom of Dragon Power Cords. He said placing the Dragon HC between the wall and the Niagara 5000 is a no brainer and results in a significant improvement in sound quality. The improvement derived by using the Dragon HC’s on the amps is apparently much more variable and very much amp dependent.

Ken

Reactions: AaronD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing