asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Hi Aoyama,

How is your Quad USB module performing?

Audiostream.com just gave the AnalogDAC version an award :
http://www.audiostream.com/content/msb-technology-premium-usb-module-analog-dac#bOmOQr6plFjScppO.97

:)

I was with Ed the other day (Aoyama), and finally could A x B the two interfaces, as our DACs already came with the Quad...

It was quite shocking actually. The most noticeable improvement was in the body of instruments and voices, that became much more lifelike, more pronounced and delineated in the soundstage. That was on his Diamond IV.

Oh, he did mention a 3 day burn in time...

Overall, I wouldn't consider any other interface at this point.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
just got my Analog Dac and it sounds great- guess I need to figure out a USB input to utilize the quad usb module :)

Aoyama

Jun 3, 2013
Brazil
Hi Aoyama,

How is your Quad USB module performing?

Audiostream.com just gave the AnalogDAC version an award :
http://www.audiostream.com/content/msb-technology-premium-usb-module-analog-dac#bOmOQr6plFjScppO.97

:)

Hello,

the new quad usb is a best buy upgrade i ever seen in a my audio experience.

He needs 3 days of burn in to full performance.

The first day was terrible, and was hitting my head on the wall to punish me.
The second day was better, but not as good the signature.
But the third day, everything was better, a full body sound, soundstage, black ground noise, focus, layers.

In a A x B test, as Siufy told before, looks like the signature usb is a simple toy. :D

[]s

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hello,
the new quad usb is a best buy upgrade i ever seen in a my audio experience.
He needs 3 days of burn in to full performance.
The first day was terrible, and was hitting my head on the wall to punish me.
The second day was better, but not as good the signature.
But the third day, everything was better, a full body sound, soundstage, black ground noise, focus, layers.
In a A x B test, as Siufy told before, looks like the signature usb is a simple toy. :D
[]s

Hi Aoyama,

Thanks for the report!

Do you have the USB Regen Amber?
I used it on my friends' MSB IV (Signature384 USB module) and Totaldac D1-Dual and brought about significant improvement on both of them.
Wonder whether it will further improve the QUAD USB or not.

Cheers,
CK

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
Wonder whether it will further improve the QUAD USB or not.

The Quad USB input performs spectacularly.

Even so, in my system the Regen Amber delivers a nice, clearly audible, improvement to that interface.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

Even so, in my system the Regen Amber delivers a nice, clearly audible, improvement to that interface.

I tried telling you guys. While I have yet to hear the SELECT, from my perch the best upgrade for the $, has been the QUAD USB. I am still using it with the IV Diamond Plus, but it is like a different DAC. They really got it right with this input.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Hi Brucemck2,

Thanks for telling us your experience!

bluedoor

Jun 19, 2013
The magnificent improvements you are all sharing with the quad USB will also be of that magnitude in the Analog dac?
From what I can tell, the only feedback is with the upper echelon MSB Dacs.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I think so. I haven't done any AxB, like I was able to do with a DAC IV, but I think it's a no brainer, specially if you're into DSD, as the Quad is able to do DoP *AND* pure DSD.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing