Munich HighEnd 2024

This must be something new by Kaiser Acoustics. But I cannot find any info on i at all. What is it?

View attachment 131445

Did someone hear this one at Munich?

It almost looks like a Musatoff design (Russian designer)

Indeed, Kaiser Acoustics released a new speaker called "Minal"
The site is not updated.

The company Added 2 more new pairs,

1. "Furioso" (floor standing speaker)
2. "Mini Wonder" (a new small bookshelf speaker)

Indeed, Kaiser Acoustics released a new speaker called "Minal"
The site is not updated.

The company Added 2 more new pairs,

1. "Furioso" (floor standing speaker)
2. "Mini Wonder" (a new small bookshelf speaker)
IMG_3441.jpegIMG_3439.jpeg

Minal Sn001 and Sn002.
Ok. That makes them first production pair indeed.

Looks like Raal ribbon, and a trio of all Audiotechnology sourced .cone drivers. Custom no doubt.

Lets guess some spec:
Frequency : 23hz to 60khz
Sensitivity. : 91-93db
Weight. : 160kg
Price. : less than 200k €
I

Last edited:
Reactions: itay123
I found the sound at Kaiser in the system shown above very tiring. Too much in the treble. No peaks, but unpleasant. Somehow too much. Not a balanced sound.

Reactions: hogen
I found the sound at Kaiser in the system shown above very tiring. Too much in the treble. No peaks, but unpleasant. Somehow too much. Not a balanced sound.
I’m sure that the company uses Feedback continously from showgoers and customers alike to implement in production preperation.
It could be that the pair was fresh as a daisy and need burn in. What day of the show did you hear them? First day?

The ceramic driver breakup modes are very large and nearly impossible to completely suppress. There will be some character from the driver…whether it’s a whisper or a shout is the discussion…not if it’s there…a 7 inch mid being asked play up to a ribbon tweeter will almost certainly be in the breakup region at the top of its range where it blends with the tweeters output. What that sounds like is probably subtle and just something you have gotten used to.

I was struck by the extreme clarity in the mids I heard in two speakers in Munich that used the biggest available Diamond mid with Diamond tweeter. One was the Tidal Contriva G3 and the other was a relative unknown brand Audiaz. Here the breakup is pushed far enough out of band to finally hear what a hard piston like driver can do. The problem was the bass drivers were not so perfect and the blend was therefore somewhat compromised…less so on the Tidal speakers, which are actually quite impressive but cold with their own electronics.
Exactly!

Speed of sound through materials, breakup characteristics, intrisic damping properties etc. are just a few basic aspects that - relative to wavelengths across a driver's passband - determine the signature.

The challenge with exotic materials such as ceramics and synthetic diamond (Polycrystalline CVD) is matching their rather relentless/unforgiving nature with the other (LF) drivers.

I was struck by the extreme clarity in the mids I heard in two speakers in Munich that used the biggest available Diamond mid with Diamond tweeter.

A warning sign.
If a certain frequency range stands out, this usually indicates imbalance/inhomogeneity, a potential recipe for headaches/listening fatigue.

Last edited:
Ok, folks, I extracted the video from The HIgh-End Munich 2024 show into a downloadable file. I am supplying the link so you can watch the video at your leisure and play the audio through your wonderful Hi-Fi systems.

Expert Panel: Vinyl: Are We There Yet?
The link as I hear s black market. Made by someone in the crowd. Wait for the real drop. JR will know when that happens and be able to answer queations.

I found it interesting where JR talked about raising and lowering the tone arm and people think your hearing rake. He and Dohman said your not. Your basically hearing bearings not in alignment and the arm torqued in a unnatural way as its either up or down from level.

There is a lot to digest and understand. And it really seems Vinyl had come a long way since good records were being made.

Last edited:
Reactions: AudioHR
Thank you David.

Off the topic but I was reading about your uncle giving you that Tandberg receiver and Nakamichi deck. It brought back memories as just prior to that time I was completing my undergrad degree and working at an audio retailer who sold Tandberg, McIntosh, Dynaco, JBL and the like. Not surprised to hear that the Tandberg receiver is a survivor.
As is the Nakamich 500 top-loading cassette deck. The original Wharfedale Denton XP-20 speakers sadly did not survive. That being said i still have my late father's McInoth Mac1700.

The link as I hear s black market. Made by someone in the crowd. Wait for the real drop. JR will know when that happens and be able to answer queations. For one, JR talked about raising and lowering the tone arm and people think your hearing rake. He and Dohman said your not. Your basically hearing bearings not in alignment and the arm torqued in a unnatural way as its either up or down from level.

There is a lot to digest and understand. And it really seems Vinyl had come a long way since good records were being made.
Black market, hah, that's rich. The video is a bootleg. It was recorded from a mobile phone and the sound quality is sub-optimal. I downloaded and extracted the video because many WBF members could not find it online. Embedded Facebook videos are a hassle to share across Internet platforms. If and when The High-End Society decides to publish an official video, I shall delete and remove the link to this video from the server.

Bootleg/black market. Lets get into a futz over a word. Its not an official release so it sounds bad and has unstable/poor camera work. As in, focusing on people that are not talking. Shaking.

The official release that is based upon a profession recording with the guest wearing microphones has not been released yet. Or so I was told.

Bootleg/black market. Lets get into a futz over a word. Its not an official release so it sounds bad and has unstable/poor camera work. As in, focusing on people that are not talking. Shaking.

The official release that is based upon a profession recording with the guest wearing microphones has not been released yet. Or so I was told.
The term "black market" pre-supposes that there is some corner of the online world where such videos would be trafficked for profit. There might be some die-hard Fremer fans/acolytes out there who cannot get enough...their appetite being insatiable. I'm not about to judge. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Al M. and AudioHR
The video is on Facebook, it has been monetized. Someone is making money. Its a non licensed, homebrew phone copy. It sucks. When the official one comes out it will make a good thread.

Elsewhere, someone posted this comment about the Kaiser system:

"So remember the loudness war? It also makes the driver say very loudly from which materials they are made of. Pushing Audio Technology hard enough made me think of plastic."

(regarding the Marten Coltrane):

"and dishes".

Elsewhere, someone posted this comment about the Kaiser system:

"So remember the loudness war? It also makes the driver say very loudly from which materials they are made of. Pushing Audio Technology hard enough made me think of plastic."

(regarding the Marten Coltrane):

"and dishes".
Well the Kawero Grande has
RAAL 70-20XR
8 inch Scanspeak Ellipticor (I Believe Truels Gravesen was one of the betatesters of these during the research for it. For scanSpeak -not Kaisers version but still. speaks volumes) But Kaisers version is most likely custom and not off the shelf -it has a type of paper/fiber Cone in Kawero Grande.
12 and 15 inch Audiotechnology Carbon+paper Sandwich cone Woofers.

One can therefore Assume that the new speaker has something akin to this,
No plastic... or PP here...

Well the Kawero Grande has
RAAL 70-20XR
8 inch Scanspeak Ellipticor (I Believe Truels Gravesen was one of the betatesters of these during the research for it. For scanSpeak -not Kaisers version but still. speaks volumes) But Kaisers version is most likely custom and not off the shelf -it has a type of paper/fiber Cone in Kawero Grande.
12 and 15 inch Audiotechnology Carbon+paper Sandwich cone Woofers.

One can therefore Assume that the new speaker has something akin to this,
No plastic... or PP here...
Either way, the mid cone + dustcap (typical of PP)...

1716231150630.png

looks remarkably similar to this:

1716231275692.png

Either way, the mid cone + dustcap (typical of PP)...

View attachment 131465

looks remarkably similar to this:

View attachment 131466
This is info from back in 2012-13 about the audiotechnology driver in the Kawero Classic but it does give a clue:

The Kawero! Classic’s have custom cones made of a sandwich of carbon fiber and paper. Made by Audiotechnology Denmark.

Even back then it was not .. PP.

It also then it had the CQuence or Flexunit look but was not..

Source: Jeff Fritz from Soundstage…

But, either way… I think it looks like a departure from Kaisers designs and They most likely have got it right.

Last edited:
Here is one , the other ones seems to be located within those long videos, I can t seem to locate them now

Its a one-off custom order, priced 65000 Euros, fully active, separate 800 Watts amplifier included, with 15 inch woofer and AMT tweeter.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 2.56.18 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 2.56.18 AM.png
    982.8 KB · Views: 6
This is info from back in 2012-13 about the audiotechnology driver in the Kawero Classic but it does give a clue:

The Kawero! Classic’s have custom cones made of a sandwich of carbon fiber and paper. Made by Audiotechnology Denmark.

Even back then it was not .. PP.

It also then it had the CQuence or Flexunit look but was not..

Source: Jeff Fritz from Soundstage…

But, either way… I think it looks like a departure from Kaisers designs and They most likely have got it right.
FWIW:

Grande​

Kawero%20by%20Kaiser%20Acoustics-Grande.png

The very impressive Kawero!® Grande is nearly 6 ft tall and is assembled of two separate cabinets – each speaker weighs approximately 509 lbs.

The rearfiring woofer is a 15” Audiotechnology with sandwich cone and 4” hybrid voice coil in a ported enclosure (Kawero Classic has 10” with 3” VC)

Midrange is a 8” Scan Speak Ellipticor with paper cone (Kawero Classic 6,5” AT with custom coated PP cone) Due to the increase in size and cone area we had to add a low midrange/upper bass unit in the front which is an AudioTechnology 12” with sandwich cone and 3” voice coil in closed box. Why closed box? Because we want to have very fast bass for basedrums and kickbass.

We also love our custom made new RAAL 70-20XR. Since our partnership with Audionote Kondo Japan we have the permission to use their famous silver cable for the primary windings of the RAAL transformer. This had a big improvement on the sound.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing