Munich show 2023 Hifideluxe and MOC .

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
RG seems to love it, maybe his wife works for CAD too?

Each time I will read him, I will think that...

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
Yeah, hard not to. His writing from Munich was so opinionated and often at odds with my own assessments that it makes me think he might be a contrarian reviewer for me: if he likes it, probably pass, and vice versa.

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
Looks like some people don’t have their wives representing brands. This article rates Devore, living voice, and Silbatone rooms. Looks much better written and honest to me.

There is no room in Munich I've had more fun in over the years than the big Silbatone room.

When one of Mr. Chung’s assistants cranked Led Zeppelin’s «Whole Lotta Love», the 100-year old speakers, designed to fill a large movie theater with sound from a low-powered tube amplifier, rocked like nothing else at the show, with unforced musicality, high resolution and enormous scale.”

Yes, Kevin always plays great music at the Living Voice room. I was quite taken by the Mari Samuelsen LP, but have not been able to find any for sale. There are lots of albums that are not considered "audiophile" but just sound great and musical. My new Tungar field coil power supplies arrived while I was in Munich. After returning home, I installed them. The first LP I chose to listen to was Don McLean's American Pie. I bought it at a bargain bin when I was living in San Diego; it still has the $1.99 sticker on it. Boy did it sound good. The singing was full of emotion, and I could understand why Lori Lieberman wrote the song "Killing me softly with his song" after hearing him. The LP is nowhere to be found on audiophile LP lists.....

Reactions: Rotatoubib

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Anyone know why the river in Munich is Kryptonite green? To keep Superman away?

No, really... have a look-see.

IMG20230519194402.jpg IMG20230519195238.jpg
IMG20230519195156.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20230519195156.jpg
    IMG20230519195156.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG20230519195156.jpg
    IMG20230519195156.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG20230519195156.jpg
    IMG20230519195156.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

germanchu

Oct 27, 2015
Hello
Four full days in Munich listening to all the systems, from opening to closing, and here I share my feelings.
The system that most caught my attention was Peak Consult with Audionet, which although it did not have the best acoustics, nor was the room box interaction the best, you can see incredible details in those speakers, more typical of enjoying at home than in a Show. But that if we listen relaxedly they can be appreciated.
Vocals were incredibly natural across the entire frequency range, which is hard to do with large cabinets. This is a tremendously refined and versatile large snare. The surprise of the Show.
Another system that I liked Magico, Wadax and D'agostino, very balanced, dynamic, fast and precise, although with a much worse timbre than Peak with Audionet and less musicality. Wadax seems to me without a doubt the best digital source that can be bought today.
Very natural was the Audia Flight, although somewhat lacking in speed, but with sensational classical.
At a dynamic level and tonal balance, the most balanced and complete system of the show, I found Grandinote, (incredible that systems many times more expensive are so far from this, in such an aspect) where the interaction of the boxes in the room seemed ideal, fantastic for its price .
FM Acustic with Queen's vinyl recording was sublime, but with other styles not so much.
There are many systems that are tremendously transparent, fast, with a lot of black background... but that are later put at home... I don't think they are what we should look for, at least in my experience.
It seemed curious to me to see so many people in systems that sounded tremendously bad, moved more by the expectations that some brands are capable of generating, it is clear that advertising continues to move a lot.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Anyone know why the river in Munich is Kryptonite green? To keep Superman away?

Perhaps these are old photos when the Isar was filled with algae - last time I was there the waters were not dark and we were told about their very expensive actions to clean the Isar water.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Perhaps these are old photos when the Isar was filled with algae - last time I was there the waters were not dark and we were told about their very expensive actions to clean the Isar water.
Nope, I shot them while the show was on.

Not sure what's going on with my attachments. Did the usual and got odd results. Haven't the inclination to spend the time to sort it out.

But yeah, algae was what I was thinking. But it's prolific. Never seen anything like it in rapidly flowing water before.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Hello
Four full days in Munich listening to all the systems, from opening to closing, and here I share my feelings.
The system that most caught my attention was Peak Consult with Audionet, which although it did not have the best acoustics, nor was the room box interaction the best, you can see incredible details in those speakers, more typical of enjoying at home than in a Show. But that if we listen relaxedly they can be appreciated.
Vocals were incredibly natural across the entire frequency range, which is hard to do with large cabinets. This is a tremendously refined and versatile large snare. The surprise of the Show.
Another system that I liked Magico, Wadax and D'agostino, very balanced, dynamic, fast and precise, although with a much worse timbre than Peak with Audionet and less musicality. Wadax seems to me without a doubt the best digital source that can be bought today.
Very natural was the Audia Flight, although somewhat lacking in speed, but with sensational classical.
At a dynamic level and tonal balance, the most balanced and complete system of the show, I found Grandinote, (incredible that systems many times more expensive are so far from this, in such an aspect) where the interaction of the boxes in the room seemed ideal, fantastic for its price .
FM Acustic with Queen's vinyl recording was sublime, but with other styles not so much.
There are many systems that are tremendously transparent, fast, with a lot of black background... but that are later put at home... I don't think they are what we should look for, at least in my experience.
It seemed curious to me to see so many people in systems that sounded tremendously bad, moved more by the expectations that some brands are capable of generating, it is clear that advertising continues to move a lot.
Not sure how you can declare WADAX the best digital when you found the timbre of the system in that room to be not so good….agree with you Grandinote.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Nope, I shot them while the show was on.

Not sure what's going on with my attachments. Did the usual and got odd results. Haven't the inclination to spend the time to sort it out.

But yeah, algae was what I was thinking. But it's prolific. Never seen anything like it in rapidly flowing water before.

Apparently we are both right - the Isar has several parallel branches along Munich with different colors - perhaps your photos are in the Isarwerkkanal, closer to center town (or vice-versa).

germanchu

Oct 27, 2015
Not sure how you can declare WADAX the best digital when you found the timbre of the system in that room to be not so good….agree with you Grandinote.
Acording to , how good sound the Magico, and Magico ever has been the oposite to a good timbre. The best times i listened Magico has been with Soulution amplifification. And i know very sell Soulution,cause i have full Soulution at Home with Dynaudio Consequence and very very happy.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Acording to , how good sound the Magico, and Magico ever has been the oposite to a good timbre. The best times i listened Magico has been with Soulution amplifification. And i know very sell Soulution,cause i have full Soulution at Home with Dynaudio Consequence and very very happy.
All clear now

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
How can it have good sound if the timbre is poor??

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing