Munich show 2023 Hifideluxe and MOC .

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Why , most in high end audio is nonsense .
Proof me otherwise.
You re even afraid to post a vid of your system , only claims / talk talk ......
THere are plenty of videos of my system on WBF...look around instead of saying nonsense.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
THere are plenty of videos of my system on WBF...look around instead of saying nonsense.

I havent seen one in the video thread
Besides that i can say what i want about high end audio i dont need your okay to give an opinion
Whats your contribution then , besides stating Aries cerat was the best in munich ( because you re a dealer )

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Besides that i can say what i want about high end audio i dont need your okay to give an opinion
Whats your contribution then , besides stating Aries cerat was the best in munich ( because you re a dealer )
Not my problem if you can't find my videos (look at violin and trumpet threads)

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Read much? I have lots of contribution to lots of threads and many i started...just because you seem to have blinders on is not my problem.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Read much? I have lots of contribution to lots of threads and many i started...just because you seem to have blinders on is not my problem.

Relax man .
Whats the reason to get all up set ?
What triggers you when i say most of high end audio is a bunch of "marketed" nonsense .
It wasnt even directed at you

Please enlighten me so i can learn something :)

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Relax man .
What triggers you when i say most of high end audio is a bunch of "marketed" nonsense .
It wasnt even directed at you

Please enlighten me so i can learn something :)
Your mistake is thinking I am upset... I like WWF, um I mean WBF wrestling!

Search my threads if you are interested...

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Relax man .
Oh … I might take a wild stab at this yobbish diatribe !?!?!?!

” Whats your contribution then , besides stating Aries cerat was the best in munich ( because you re a dealer ) “

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Oh … I might take a wild stab at this yobbish diatribe !?!?!?!

” Whats your contribution then , besides stating Aries cerat was the best in munich ( because you re a dealer ) “
You need to reread my posts again
My first post wasnt a reaction to morricab.
It was a general statement about high en audio not aimed at morricab
My second one obviously was, because he reacted
(I watched your system vids morricab)

Where are the pics /vids of your system argonaut ( previous the Moon)?
Are you playing the internet game out of obscurity?.

High end audio is mostly about paying exorbitant amounts of money for minute differences/ if any at all.
Sold in a luxurious looking package

Last edited:

rubinken

Jan 15, 2020
Olympia, WA, USA
Through my Sennheiser HD650 plugged into my Thinkpad (yes, I know...), I nevertheless found the "liveliness" of those horns fascinating.
Here on piano:
( < TotalDAC shooting)
So fine to hear snippets of music through different systems. Thanks.

germanchu

Oct 27, 2015

avian

Oct 17, 2020
Did anyone get to hear the YG Acoustics Descent sub in action? I'd be really interested in hearing anyones thoughts on their performance and how they integrated with whatever YG summit line speakers they were paired with.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I was last Sunday at as string quartet concert in the Tonhalle Zurich in their “small” hall. The sound was so rich and full! We weren’t that close but I measured peak levels (C weighted fast) of over 90dB, which is quite loud when you consider the distance and it being only 4 unamplified string instruments.

What really struck me , beside the SPL, was the richness of tone and the ability to easily localize the instruments in space. It just reminded me how epically most systems fail in tone reproduction. Nearly all are too thin and lack body…as well as dynamics.

If the manufacturers at Munich were serious about doing this right they would listen and learn but it might destroy a few dogmas…

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Another Munich report from Key Kim at StereoTimes.

One of the most crowded rooms at the show. Guess why! They were remarkable. The Alysvox Rafaello loudspeakers (280,000/pair) sounded fabulous, driven by the Pilium Hercules mono amplifiers (89,000/pair) and the Pilium Alexander preamplifier (49,000) from Greece. The digital source was the Lampizator Horizon DAC (46,000) and the Taiko Audio Extreme server (30,000 with optional switch and router at 6,900 each). The full loom of Omega Elements cables was used effectively. The Pilium amplifier has an uncanny ability to let the Alysvox Rafaello sing like a canary with unmatched resolution and detail, and it projects a huge soundstage and powerful dynamics with great ease effortlessly in all frequencies. Listening to the vocals was exceptionally engaging.

Full report here-

https://v2.stereotimes.com/post/munich-high-end-2023-key-kim-report/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing