My First Sound Presence Deluxe III-Si 4.0 preamp with Paramount Special Edition upgrade

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
I know how to use the internet and Google results don't support your statement. All you've done is tried to deflect versus answering the question and providing the support for your contention. Not a good look!
Rationalize much? I am not sure why all your panties are in a bunch over this, I said it's a good pre amp..But facts are facts, there are some sales online and historical sales that prove my point..If you don't know how to look it up not my issue.

It's a bespoke preamp, likely why the values are 50% or more less than retail. Doesn't mean it doesn't sound good, just that may be better to pick up second hand. Now go pour yourself a drink and relax tiger.

Puma Cat

Feb 20, 2011
SF East Bay Area
Here are the Firstsound preamps on sale on eBay:

None of those preamps are of the same model, nor the same level of engineering specification, of the First Sound preamplifier I'm selling. Those are older models and have only a single external power supply. Moreover, the last model listed is a passive preamp, so it's not pertinent to the discussion here.

Emmanuel is constantly upgrading his designs and developing new crafting techniques for the main chassis and the external power supplies, the 2023 version of which have been implemented in my preamp.

The preamp I'm selling has not one, but two external power supplies, one for each channel, L/R, each updated to the latest engineering specifications.

The model I'm selling is the 2023-edition Presence Deluxe 4.0 MkIII-SI-x2 Special Edition Upgrade using Audio Cap copper capacitors. This model also includes the two of the latest-specification Shunyata Research CCI-X AC noise-reduction (NR) modules per external power supply (and, as mentioned above, there is a separate, external power supply for each channel) for a total of four, as well as Shunyata Research wire utilized inside the MCU.

The SI-x2 w/ Special Edition upgrade also includes:
  • MOD '23-02 upgrades to the Presence Deluxe 4.0 MkIII-SI-x2 model
  • Like a brand- new preamp with new main circuit boards
  • Main Control Unit (MCU):
    -the tube mounting platform itself was modified and improved
    -the main circuit board was modified with new parts and how it is crafted.
  • Two External power supplies.
    -MED30 v2 installed
    -chassis itself was modified
  • Crafted using the latest crafting technology (circa 2023 Feb)
  • Audio Cap copper capacitors for the the entire audio signal pathway
  • LTH92 Ladder type attenuators using Holco/PRP resistors
  • 3 chassis unit (1 main chassis; 2 external power supplies)
  • 3 year warranty
MSRP is $17,600; will sell for $8500.

So...those older models listed above are not at the level of engineering specification nor have Emmanuel's latest crafing techniques of the Presence Deluxe 4.0 MkIII-SI-x2 Special Edition model I am selling.

Cheers and have a nice day.

Last edited:

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
That Presence Deluxe MK II on E-Bay will be interesting to watch. I think I paid $2500 for a brand new Presence Deluxe MK II around 2003 or so.

dr k

VIP/Donor
Aug 4, 2016
California
None of those preamps are of the same model, nor the same level of engineering specification, of the First Sound preamplifier I'm selling. Those are older models and have only a single external power supply. Moreover, the last model listed is a passive preamp, so it's not pertinent to the discussion here.

Emmanuel is constantly upgrading his designs and developing new crafting techniques for the main chassis and the external power supplies, the 2023 version of which have been implemented in my preamp.

The preamp I'm selling has not one, but two external power supplies, one for each channel, L/R, each updated to the latest engineering specifications.

The model I'm selling is the 2023-edition Presence Deluxe 4.0 MkIII-SI-x2 Special Edition Upgrade using Audio Cap copper capacitors. This model also includes the two of the latest-specification Shunyata Research CCI-X AC noise-reduction (NR) modules per external power supply (and, as mentioned above, there is a separate, external power supply for each channel) for a total of four, as well as Shunyata Research wire utilized inside the MCU.

The SI-x2 w/ Special Edition upgrade also includes:
  • MOD '23-02 upgrades to the Presence Deluxe 4.0 MkIII-SI-x2 model
  • Like a brand- new preamp with new main circuit boards
  • Main Control Unit (MCU):
    -the tube mounting platform itself was modified and improved
    -the main circuit board was modified with new parts and how it is crafted.
  • Two External power supplies.
    -MED30 v2 installed
    -chassis itself was modified
  • Crafted using the latest crafting technology (circa 2023 Feb)
  • Audio Cap copper capacitors for the the entire audio signal pathway
  • LTH92 Ladder type attenuators using Holco/PRP resistors
  • 3 chassis unit (1 main chassis; 2 external power supplies)
  • 3 year warranty
MSRP is $17,600; will sell for $8500.

So...those older models listed above are not at the level of engineering specification nor have Emmanuel's latest crafing techniques of the Presence Deluxe 4.0 MkIII-SI-x2 Special Edition model I am selling.

Cheers and have a nice day.
Someone stated that FirstSound preamps can be constantly updated as a selling point. That’s why I listed these on sale. I’m not trying to argue with you or steer people away from buying your preamp.

Puma Cat

Feb 20, 2011
SF East Bay Area
Someone stated that FirstSound preamps can be constantly updated as a selling point. That’s why I listed these on sale. I’m not trying to argue with you or steer people away from buying your preamp.
No worries.

Those who know what this preamp is, how beautifully designed, engineered, and crafted it is, and how capable it is in providing a beguiling and engaging musical experience...know. And, ultimately, isn't that what it's all about?

Cheers, and as Hans Beekhuizen says..."Enjoy the music."

• Love
Reactions: dr k and No Regrets

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing