My monitor/subwoofer system

ddk

Industry Expert
May 19, 2013
Utah
I know what you mean Dave. Those lyrics suck so much, I'm onto Rita Ora and One Direction now. Way more gratifying.
Never heard of either one, will look them up later.

Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I know what you mean Dave. Those lyrics suck so much, I'm onto Rita Ora and One Direction now. Way more gratifying.
Never heard of Rita Ora before, but I was sampling a few of her songs. Yeah, way more gratifying, and such heavenly lyrics!

ddk

Industry Expert
May 19, 2013
Utah
I don’t know Marc, I’m way past my teenage years and teenage angst and even back then boys bands and pop music didn’t do anything for me.

david

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
On this forum a lot of people have second childhood angst

Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I don't think anyone should take the comments by and exchange between Marc and myself seriously. Also not Bazelio's comment about Black Sabbath sounding awful. We're just having fun. No emojis needed.

But seriously, Billie Eilish is great.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I don't think anyone should take the comments by and exchange between Marc and myself seriously. Also not Bazelio's comment about Black Sabbath sounding awful. We're just having fun. No emojis needed.

But seriously, Billie Eilish is great.
Barry and me listened to Billie yesterday via the Extreme. You've heard the phrase "phoned it in"? Well, she literally phoned in her recording. Fidelity wise, it sounded about Atari 8-bit level. Sadly, all that fake moaning and groaning that takes the place of, y'know singing, came thru "clearly". She's so achingly hip, she'll get OA before her time.

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
Barry and me listened to Billie yesterday via the Extreme. You've heard the phrase "phoned it in"? Well, she literally phoned in her recording. Fidelity wise, it sounded about Atari 8-bit level. Sadly, all that fake moaning and groaning that takes the place of, y'know singing, came thru "clearly". She's so achingly hip, she'll get OA before her time.
Exactly why I don't listen to the radio or current music. It all pretty much sucks these days. With the rare very few exceptions of course. 99.9% of the mainstream "so-called" music however just truly sucks.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Chops, pity me at the barber pre-Covid, waiting 20 mins or so for a shave, and the shop literally vibrating to this music on a loop. I think I was young once, before I started showing an interest in fuses and power cords...

Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees the war pigs crawling,
Begging mercies for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings

I'm just loving this.

By the way, I found out that War Pigs sounds great on my system also through just the monitors, without subs. I discovered that accidentally, as I turned off the subs for a piece with bass overload (I can do that simply with a switch on the preamp, controlling the outlets), and then forgot to turn them back on. The drums have punch, and a good amount of weight, also through just the monitors. Geezer's bass isn't that bassy anyway, in terms of low frequencies, and a good amount of the power derives also from Tony Iommi diving into his guitar's low register and letting it ring out with generous distortion. On this, the subs obviously contribute hardly anything.

Iron Man from the same album sounds extremely powerful too (I listened with subs). Just gorgeous.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing