Naim Statement

MasterChief

Jun 26, 2012
Sweden
If you compare the inside of the Naim Statement with, for example, a FMA 1811 (in the same price range) it looks that you actually get something for the money. But I haven´t own any of these super expensive amplifiers so I can´t say anything about the sound. But somehow, I don´t get upset over another 200.000 dollar product if it actually looks amazing and state of the art (as AF1, Q7, Vivaldi). But I don´t buy any of them so maybe I should shut up now.

FM-1811---0B.jpg

MasterChief

Jun 26, 2012
Sweden
Then why are not they not showing them with Focal speakers?

They have stated they will keep the brands uniquity but Naims most expensive speaker is around 30000 pound and also comes in an active version. Focal, on the other hand, have one of the most expensive speakers out there. So a couple of years after the merge Naim release something that is far from their normal portfolio, an amplifier who can make the best speakers in the world sing. And according to the article Wizard linked to they were matched with a pair of Utopias on CES.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
They have stated they will keep the brands uniquity but Naims most expensive speaker is around 30000 pound and also comes in an active version. Focal, on the other hand, have one of the most expensive speakers out there. So a couple of years after the merge Naim release something that is far from their normal portfolio, an amplifier who can make the best speakers in the world sing. And according to the article Wizard linked to they were matched with a pair of Utopias on CES.

Ok, I was going by the picture in the previous post which was a Naim speaker.

Let's not forget that LH, only a few years old, is making a DAC to the 120K price point, so it may have nothing to do with Focal.
I still think it is about headline grabbing, and being sensational. Is a 200K "statement" product going to get the press into the room,
or a $2200 UnitiQute? I think we know the answer.

MasterChief

Jun 26, 2012
Sweden
Ok, I was going by the picture in the previous post which was a Naim speaker.

Let's not forget that LH, only a few years old, is making a DAC to the 120K price point, so it may have nothing to do with Focal.
I still think it is about headline grabbing, and being sensational. Is a 200K "statement" product going to get the press into the room,
or a $2200 UnitiQute? I think we know the answer.

Maybe so, but still. Naims profile have always been far away from these kinds of ultra expensive products and their fan base usually is not, according to my experience, not so very interested in super high end. They just want a well build product with a sleek design. I actually think that a product like this can somewhat damage the brand well established image. I think Focal is the driving force behind it. Naim already have a lot of amplifiers that match the normal Focals, but for the super serious Utopias, maybe not so much. So maybe this is the first statement that will eventually follow with a line of expensive reference equipment for the owners of the utopias.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Maybe so, but still. Naims profile have always been far away from these kinds of ultra expensive products and their fan base usually is not, according to my experience, not so very interested in super high end. They just want a well build product with a sleek design. I actually think that a product like this can somewhat damage the brand well established image. I think Focal is the driving force behind it. Naim already have a lot of amplifiers that match the normal Focals, but for the super serious Utopias, maybe not so much. So maybe this is the first statement that will eventually follow with a line of expensive reference equipment for the owners of the utopias.

Everyone is jumping on the 6 figure electronics bandwagon. It is becoming a bigger joke by the day.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Julian Vereker would be rolling in his grave.

Certainly not his vision of why he founded Naim.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Julian Vereker would be rolling in his grave.

Certainly not his vision of why he founded Naim.

my thought exactly. its a far cry from the original nait I (which I still own) they were once known for bringing great sound to widest audience of music lovers they could reach.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Looking at the Statement.. the build quality looks very impressive ( which it should do for $200K ). Question is how it would compare with some of the other "less expensive" ss gear...like the Technical Brain or the D'Agostino or the Dartzeel gear.
Next up is the $10M statement amp from Goldmund..and limited to a worldwide production of ten. ( which they expect to sell out in a day, LOL:D).

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Looking at the Statement.. the build quality looks very impressive ( which it should do for $200K ). Question is how it would compare with some of the other "less expensive" ss gear...like the Technical Brain or the D'Agostino or the Dartzeel gear.
Next up is the $10M statement amp from Goldmund..and limited to a worldwide production of ten. ( which they expect to sell out in a day, LOL:D).

Limited Edition of ten=Publicity Stunt

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
anybody managed to have a listen @CES ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing