Need advice on cables for full TAD setup

Ibragim

Feb 20, 2019
Hello everybody,

I have TAD R1, D600, C600, M600 setup in my system (waiting for Esoteric N01). What cables would suggest to use with it (acoustic, interconnect, power).
I am considering of :
1. Siltech King series
2. Transparent XL Reference
3. Nordost Valhalla
4. Others

Appreciate any answers/suggestions.
Thanks

P.S. sadly but could not find, no one of listed to listen on the system

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Some people on this forum like ZenWave audio cables a lot. Maybe David C will chime in.
Some other people like Kuro Cables very much.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Elrod Statement Gold
Esoteric Master Series Statement Gold
Shunyata SIGMA XLR and also SIGMA digital cables...

All compliment and enhance the sound of TAD and Esoteric gear very well...

Reactions: Scott W

Ibragim

Feb 20, 2019
Thanks a lot for your answers!!
Will try to find distri for that cables in my country)

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Thanks a lot for your answers!!
Will try to find distri for that cables in my country)
Welcome! What country is that?

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
I know of several audio system lovers in Russia with both of these brands of cables, some buy used, others buy new.
I'd suggest writing to them and asking if they have distributors that take care of Russia either in Russia or nearby
in Italy, the Middle East, France or UK....

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Hello everybody,

I have TAD R1, D600, C600, M600 setup in my system (waiting for Esoteric N01). What cables would suggest to use with it (acoustic, interconnect, power).
I am considering of :
1. Siltech King series
3. Nordost Valhalla
4. Others

Thanks

Hi
Please add Skogrand Cables to this list

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Hello everybody,

I am considering of :
1. Siltech King series
3. Nordost Valhalla
4. Others

Thanks

For digital cables of any kind, I'd highly recommend Shunyata Sigma v2 or OMEGA series.

For power, interconnect and speaker cables I've found that Elrod Masters Series Silver, Gold or Diamond and the preceding Statement Gold and Diamond series are an excellent match for both Esoteric electronics and TAD R1 speakers; matching jumpers too for the R1s brought huge benefits as well. The friend who bought my TAD R1 Mk2s, also has bought into a full bi-wire pair of Elrod Statement Golds that he raves about.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Hello everybody,

I am considering of :
1. Siltech King series
3. Nordost Valhalla
4. Others

Thanks

Audience front row cables are as good as any cables at any price.

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
Cardas Clear Beyond much better than Audience Front Row for TAD speakers

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Skogrand Stravinsky

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
Cables are system system dependent. But one can't try all the cables out there, so I've developed a method of simplifying the choice. I divide my cable loom into three "families", 1 digital, 2 interconnects & speaker cables, & 3 power cables. Instead of trying complete "looms" in my system (which can get pretty expensive), I tried to find cables which worked well for digital (in may case, Wireworld Platinum 8), for interconnects & speaker cables (Cardas Clear Beyond), & power cables (Audience Front Row). Individual choices will vary.

I was using Audience Front Row for interconnects & speaker cables as well, but when I installed a new USB driver and card in my Taiko Extreme server/streamer, the Audience cables which had been working very well until then, suddenly went "off song", and, very surprisingly, "edgy". When I replaced the Audience cables with Cardas Clear Beyond, my system (fortunately) recovered, and even improved compared the the system before the new USB driver & card.

Everything makes a difference, even relatively small system changes. It seems that high fidelity systems at a certain level are like highly strung and tuned Formula One cars. Change anything (even upgrades which are universally recommended) at your peril! The system performance may suffer badly. This leads then to one more round of system optimization to adapt to the changes. Even more frustrating is that nothing is black and white better or worse. The Audience interconnects and speaker cables with very good with certain music pieces, but much worse than others. On balance, in my system (your experience may be different), the Cardas cables were much better.

Reactions: Stef

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Cables are system system dependent. But one can't try all the cables out there, so I've developed a method of simplifying the choice. I divide my cable loom into three "families", 1 digital, 2 interconnects & speaker cables, & 3 power cables. Instead of trying complete "looms" in my system (which can get pretty expensive), I tried to find cables which worked well for digital (in may case, Wireworld Platinum 8), for interconnects & speaker cables (Cardas Clear Beyond), & power cables (Audience Front Row). Individual choices will vary.

I was using Audience Front Row for interconnects & speaker cables as well, but when I installed a new USB driver and card in my Taiko Extreme server/streamer, the Audience cables which had been working very well until then, suddenly went "off song", and, very surprisingly, "edgy". When I replaced the Audience cables with Cardas Clear Beyond, my system (fortunately) recovered, and even improved compared the the system before the new USB driver & card.

Everything makes a difference, even relatively small system changes. It seems that high fidelity systems at a certain level are like highly strung and tuned Formula One cars. Change anything (even upgrades which are universally recommended) at your peril! The system performance may suffer badly. This leads then to one more round of system optimization to adapt to the changes. Even more frustrating is that nothing is black and white better or worse. The Audience interconnects and speaker cables with very good with certain music pieces, but much worse than others. On balance, in my system (your experience may be different), the Cardas cables were much better.
thats good to hear.I have always used audience And never tried other brands except for the chord company but audience was better.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing