Neodio B2 resonance device

jma6

Jan 18, 2020
France
It is a big thing I do think with 3 or 4 legs , pneumatic suspension of the platter , 3 arms et two type of drive ( belt drive or direct drive ) .
Yes the crossover is a digital dsp … he has ordered the latest new improved dsp

He has tried to drive the top with the Ianus but result were not as good as with the small Kaneda copy .

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
It is a big thing I do think with 3 or 4 legs , pneumatic suspension of the platter , 3 arms et two type of drive ( belt drive or direct drive ) .
Yes the crossover is a digital dsp … he has ordered the latest new improved dsp

He has tried to drive the top with the Ianus but result were not as good as with the small Kaneda copy .
Thank you for the clarification, I couldn’t find any specifications for the Elysio ? horn tweeter on the home website.

Last edited:

John C

Dec 18, 2015
I just received my neodio B2’s from Sunny yesterday. I have to admit I was EXTREMELY skeptical until I heard them on a friend’s system and we listened with and without them. (His system is CH 10 series mono, Stenheim Ref 2, and Wadax). The difference was strikingly noticeable. Once I installed them in my system the change was immediate- but has, so far, only gotten better. I have no connection to this company whatsoever. I have never had a “tweak” make such a dramatic improvement in my system. The best way to describe it is everything is properly on its place now with almost no bleeding of images. The sound is smoother- and no matter how loud I turn it up it is not fatiguing in the least. I am just using them on top of my speakers and on top of my record shelf, and experimenting with one on my turntable.
I have HRS “everything” (racks, plates, feet, etc) and my room has been professionally “treated”. Dedicated electrical, etc. Yet, putting these in my system has taken the performance to a truly world class level. I’ve already ordered more. I can’t imagine listening to my system without them- and it’s been less than 24 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_1363.jpeg
    IMG_1363.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1364.jpeg
    IMG_1364.jpeg
    595.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1365.jpeg
    IMG_1365.jpeg
    890.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I did the shootout. I did this with only one CH component. Between each one I would listen to the music with nothing added to the top. For this I listened to a song with intro guitar and femal vocals.

Each time I came back to nothing on top my response was: The music is Boring. Clearly the CH gear likes something on the top of the box.

Stillpoint Ultra5 top middle -- The guitar gained some body and the highs became more clarified. Leading edge. There is a part where the guitarists fingers slide along the neck and it makes a sharp, high frequency sound -- there was less wince involved with the stillpoint on top as the sound was clarified.

B2 on top middle: The guitar gained body and richness compared with the stillpoint. High frequency clarity. No wincing. Vocals had delicacy and intimacy

Artisania damping plate on top middle: Lower noise floor. Better than nothing but not as good as any of the others.

HRS Plate Top center: Much lower noise. More dynamics.

Replacing HRS Plate with B2 directly: A little noisier but the vocal intimacy and naturalness returned.

Replacing B2 with Stillpoint Ultra-5 directly: Leading edges were emphasized.

Replacing the stillpoint with the HRS directly: Qiet, body, dynamic, full

Adding the stillpoint to the top with the HRS: is A+B. Quiet with leading edge emphasis.

HRS + B2: is A+B. Quiet, body, vocal intimacy, very natural sounding.

I hope this helps with your question. Again this is just one component. I would guess that the other CH gear would behave the same but ... Other gear may react differently. In other words YMMV.

The B2 is definitely worth a try.
What a great set of tests! In our case:

- Stillpoints U6 was at least as defined and tonally fuller than U5...but there was a touch of leanness in the upper treble and to a lesser extent upper mid/lower treble. Much better in U6 and U5 but still there.
- HRS Nimbus Coupler compared to the above was definitely tonally full across the FULL spectrum...but unfortunately very noticeably less detailed
- Stillpoints U6 plus HRS Nimbus Coupler on top definitely retained the detail of the U6 (and previously U5) and enabled the treble to keep soaring without any perceived breakup

The latter combination is now settled across every single component. Sounds like comparison (for me) would be HRS + U6 vs HRS + B2. I suspect both are great..

Reactions: Sunny and John C

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Had a fascinating day listening to the B2s. First, my friend's system has really come on since I last listened to it some time ago, particularly his attention to detail in mains and power delivery. So listening to it with B2s in and out was very obstructive.
My friend had a couple under a power distribution strip, under power amps (but not making contact ie not footers), and one each on the floor a few inches in front of the spkrs.
The first impression of them going out or in was almost akin to a notch down or up in volume. Not so much louder when in, but sound more "present".
Then what's apparent is what seems to be an expansion in soundstage, but more accurately is better described as an increase in bloom, but no smearing or lack of focus. Almost as if the music billowed out into the room, noticeably forwards, but also rearwards, increasing perception of depth.
And lastly a greater relaxation in music making, but not a lack of energy, just less strain and more natural.
Evident in all the B2s positions, but most noticeably the ones in front of the spkrs.
Very cool and very impressive.

Reactions: Sunny and facten

Sunny

I just received my neodio B2’s from Sunny yesterday. I have to admit I was EXTREMELY skeptical until I heard them on a friend’s system and we listened with and without them. (His system is CH 10 series mono, Stenheim Ref 2, and Wadax). The difference was strikingly noticeable. Once I installed them in my system the change was immediate- but has, so far, only gotten better. I have no connection to this company whatsoever. I have never had a “tweak” make such a dramatic improvement in my system. The best way to describe it is everything is properly on its place now with almost no bleeding of images. The sound is smoother- and no matter how loud I turn it up it is not fatiguing in the least. I am just using them on top of my speakers and on top of my record shelf, and experimenting with one on my turntable.
I have HRS “everything” (racks, plates, feet, etc) and my room has been professionally “treated”. Dedicated electrical, etc. Yet, putting these in my system has taken the performance to a truly world class level. I’ve already ordered more. I can’t imagine listening to my system without them- and it’s been less than 24 hours.
I am going to try them on my Ethernet boxes and switches. Just got reports from a customer that they improved his digital. WOW more to learn every day. I am waiting for a new shipment.

Reactions: luca.pelliccioli

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
I am going to try them on my Ethernet boxes and switches. Just got reports from a customer that they improved his digital. WOW more to learn every day. I am waiting for a new shipment.
Curious to know your thought.

Sunny

The G2 worked great on my silent angel box as well as on my turntable by the tonearm as well as on the right side of my P10 Phono stage in the very center. It still surprises me on the positive changes that small changes make on a reference 1.3 million dollar system. I will be trying some more on my CD player and my cinema system next. Getting ready to fly out to Rockport Technologies next week.

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
Another new owner here:
IMG_5025.jpeg
How many pieces you have in your room? Which is the logical/most effective number of them before they stop their magic?

Sunny

I have customers with 8 each and customers with 16 each. rooms have their own set of issues, It's all about experimenting and seeing where it makes a positive impact. Most customers start with 8 units.

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
Thanks, it makes sense. Yesterday I started with 2 pieces in front of the speakers on the floor (unfortunately the top of the speakers is not an option with my Verity Otellos). The impact is already so promising!
Other 2 pieces will be added during next days, I need to experiment where exactly.
Once completed the first set of 4 pieces I was wondering if it worth going further or not. Time will tell.

For sure, they seem to really work. I’m happy.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So, despite no real clarification on how these work, or indeed what they do, if people are using room sets of well over a dozen, they look like a variation on room resonators that some audiophiles have used over time, Shun Mooks, Franck Tchang.

Reactions: Chop

Sunny

Yes. Shun Mooks did something slightly different than what we get out of the Neodio G2 in my ECO system. Remember, all tuning devices require discipline, time, understanding your room acoustics by yourself, and a lot of conviction in knowing and trusting your ears. Change has to be for the better. In my store, for instance, I have one placed on the right of my P10 audio unit box towards the middle, which produced improved performance in my ecosystem. It felt like the musical image became structured, improving the flow and removing the need to know what was coming in the following passage, allowing me to enjoy and stay in the present. We must remember that what works in one person's system depends entirely on his room, cables, power placement, personal choice of setup, and, above all, his listening style. Todd and Stirling have done a masterful job in their system using Lasers; I have implemented a chart to understand where I started and gave it a rating from 1 star to 5 stars. Using a laser, knowing the center of the room, and working in angles get you to spots rather quickly. These are just some suggestions. Implementation is the key, and a great setup is divine. Not having a great setup leaves several deep holes in one's ecosystem.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Another new owner here:
View attachment 128064
How many pieces you have in your room? Which is the logical/most effective number of them before they stop their magic?
I think 8 to 12 is a good number of them.

They definitely interact with the room more than the equipment. Here is the strategy I typically use for them. If you have 4 then one on top of each speaker. If the top is not flat then on the floor in front of each speaker. If the rack is in the center then one on the top center and one of the floor in front of the rack. If you have more than 4 then I would try one on each side to the outside of the speakers near the side walls. Then one on each side of the rack. You can explore moving them forward/backward. For example, the one on top of the rack -- play with moving it forward 1/2" then another 1/2" etc. See if you can find the location where the effect is strongest.

Be precise with the placement. 1/4" can make a big differenece. If you are in a symmetric room then keep the left to right symmetry in placement. Also the ones that are placed in the center need to be exactly on the centerline of the room.

Experiment with placement. A window sill is a good place to explore. If there are shelves then that is a good place to explore. Even behind the listener can be good. Although I did not like what they did with them behind my head.

To re-iterate, I am not associated with Neodio in any way.

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
I think 8 to 12 is a good number of them.

They definitely interact with the room more than the equipment. Here is the strategy I typically use for them. If you have 4 then one on top of each speaker. If the top is not flat then on the floor in front of each speaker. If the rack is in the center then one on the top center and one of the floor in front of the rack. If you have more than 4 then I would try one on each side to the outside of the speakers near the side walls. Then one on each side of the rack. You can explore moving them forward/backward. For example, the one on top of the rack -- play with moving it forward 1/2" then another 1/2" etc. See if you can find the location where the effect is strongest.

Be precise with the placement. 1/4" can make a big differenece. If you are in a symmetric room then keep the left to right symmetry in placement. Also the ones that are placed in the center need to be exactly on the centerline of the room.

Experiment with placement. A window sill is a good place to explore. If there are shelves then that is a good place to explore. Even behind the listener can be good. Although I did not like what they did with them behind my head.

To re-iterate, I am not associated with Neodio in any way.
Thanks, Todd. And thanks for having inspired us with this useful thread that revealed us the existence of the B2s.

Yes my room is well treated and perfectly symmetrical (maniacally, so to speak).
IMG_0976.jpeg

Stephane Even suggested me to place them in contact with wood or natural materials around the room more than metal chassis of the equipment too.
I’ve just tried putting the B2s also under the cables behind the speakers, I largely prefer the result when placed in front of them.

To be continued…

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph and kinch

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Thanks, Todd. And thanks for having inspired us with this useful thread that revealed us the existence of the B2s.

Yes my room is well treated and perfectly symmetrical (maniacally, so to speak).
View attachment 128104

Stephane Even suggested me to place them in contact with wood or natural materials around the room more than metal chassis of the equipment too.
I’ve just tried putting the B2s also under the cables behind the speakers, I largely prefer the result when placed in front of them.

To be continued…
Can you clarify something for me, are you saying that Stephane feels they have less benefit when placed with metal component chassis? If so I find that curious since they are incorporated directly into the chassis of the Neodio Origine S2 CD player.But I may be misunderstanding your statement. Also, I posted earlier in the thread that I have had very good results employing 3 of them under each of the 3 Integrated amps and a DAC across 2 systems.so maybe consider giving that placement a try if you haven't. Thanks in advance for any clarification or correction to my interpretation of your post.

Last edited:

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
Thanks for your comment, you are right, I should try them also under or on top of the components (if possible, due to the hight of the shelves), worth the effort. I’m simply at the very beginning of my experiment even though, to be honest, for that purpose I’m ordering a few HRS Damping Plates, at least this was my initial plan.
Regarding your request, I am happy to share below what Stephane wrote to me yesterday, after sending him some photos to describe my room, it might be useful information for other members too:

As you already have a lot of accessories (I think I saw cable lifters and Iso acoustic feet), and like everybody you will have to find by yourself the best places where to put the B2. The B2 works by damping water molecules vibrations and so it works well on hygroscopic materials like wood, wood composites and some plastics. It can also work on metal (some of my customers have good results with Stenheim speakers). Based on your pictures, I would try first on the floor in front of the speakers, then try as lifters under the speaker cable, close to the speakers. Then on the turntable itself or on the shelf under the turntable or the shelves of the track. Another easy and funny place to test would be on your Schroeder diffusers, near the primary reflexion. Generally when put on a shelf or any piece of wood furniture, the best place is in the center close to the front edge. Another good place is also the mains or the power supplies or ethernet switches. You can use them under or on top of equipments. This accessory is unlike others, it removes resonances. The problem is to find in your system where are the ugly little ducks… It can take time but most of the time the first results help to go in the good direction. I Hope my suggestions can help you. One last thing… It can be helpful to remove some of the accessories in order not to mix the different effects…The simpler is generally the better

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Thanks for your comment, you are right, I should try them also under or on top of the components (if possible, due to the hight of the shelves), worth the effort. I’m simply at the very beginning of my experiment even though, to be honest, for that purpose I’m ordering a few HRS Damping Plates, at least this was my initial plan.
Regarding your request, I am happy to share below what Stephane wrote to me yesterday, after sending him some photos to describe my room, it might be useful information for other members too:

As you already have a lot of accessories (I think I saw cable lifters and Iso acoustic feet), and like everybody you will have to find by yourself the best places where to put the B2. The B2 works by damping water molecules vibrations and so it works well on hygroscopic materials like wood, wood composites and some plastics. It can also work on metal (some of my customers have good results with Stenheim speakers). Based on your pictures, I would try first on the floor in front of the speakers, then try as lifters under the speaker cable, close to the speakers. Then on the turntable itself or on the shelf under the turntable or the shelves of the track. Another easy and funny place to test would be on your Schroeder diffusers, near the primary reflexion. Generally when put on a shelf or any piece of wood furniture, the best place is in the center close to the front edge. Another good place is also the mains or the power supplies or ethernet switches. You can use them under or on top of equipments. This accessory is unlike others, it removes resonances. The problem is to find in your system where are the ugly little ducks… It can take time but most of the time the first results help to go in the good direction. I Hope my suggestions can help you. One last thing… It can be helpful to remove some of the accessories in order not to mix the different effects…The simpler is generally the better

Thank you for the response.

I use them under the components, a set of 3 for each component -1 in the front in the center, 2 in the rear next to the components incorporated feet. In my system I found this to work, sitting one on top of the component didn't. That said other folks have found benefit from placing a B2 on top of components so best to try both ways if possible with your gear. Good luck with however you find the best employment of them. I look forward to your further posts on your outcomes.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing