New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

impressive 4th quarter by the spurs. and impressive game by manu. an analyst said his game was a message to james harden - hey man, you're in my turf, and you have my trophy (6th man award). :D

spurs got that championship experience from their big 3 and look at the box score. they play wise and coach pop really turn on the players and turn the game around with his pep talk at the bench. okc is in for a climb. they better show something else on game 2 and not just a 2 man jump shooting show.

plus, the spurs are traditionally so tough to beat in their house.

Thoughts on tonights game......

1. The swagger is gone on the faces of OKC

2. SAS are an amazing well polished team that has the best defense I've seen by any team this year

3. If you guys saw the TNT intro to the game with the pep talks given by Pop and another by Timmy you know why he was named Coach Of The Year and Tim is the leader and certainly an admiral replacement for the Admiral, the Spurs prior leader.

4. "I want some nasty" has gone viral with a website

5. Have you ever seen Kendrick Perkins smile or ever admit he committed a foul

6. Who would have thought I would see Boris Diaw as the SAS starting center and playing darn good

7. The confidence of the Spurs is suddenly showing me that OKC is not yet ready for prime time

8. It's a 48 minute game and best 4 of 7 series. This is really great basketball as a fan

9. Fisher is playing with speed I haven't seen in many a year

Thoughts on tonights game......

1. The swagger is gone on the faces of OKC

2. SAS are an amazing well polished team that has the best defense I've seen by any team this year

3. If you guys saw the TNT intro to the game with the pep talks given by Pop and another by Timmy you know why he was named Coach Of The Year and Tim is the leader and certainly an admiral replacement for the Admiral, the Spurs prior leader.

4. "I want some nasty" has gone viral with a website

5. Have you ever seen Kendrick Perkins smile or ever admit he committed a foul

6. Who would have thought I would see Boris Diaw as the SAS starting center and playing darn good

7. The confidence of the Spurs is suddenly showing me that OKC is not yet ready for prime time

8. It's a 48 minute game and best 4 of 7 series. This is really great basketball as a fan

9. Fisher is playing with speed I haven't seen in many a year

good observations, steve.

1. the swagger is missing, and it has shifted to the other camp, so to speak. seems like parker, manu, et al has been wearing it for these past 2 games.

2. with coach pop at the bench, you feel like you have a sargeant wating to growl at you each time you commit a turnover of bad shot. spurs defense is as tight as vacuum and like miami, they challenge each interior shot the opponent tries to make.

5. perkins hasn't smiled since the 2008 boston title run, and is one of the best in racking up technical fouls. but, he's got a nice, bouncy, strut upon going to the other side of the court. a heavy strut too.

7. my small reservation about okc last year was how they handle an equally talented, fast, and big team. coaching inexperience during playoffs? could be. i don't see the goodness in substituting 5 starters for 5 bench players during the 2nd quarter for okc but that was what happened and they couldn't do much on offense in this stretch. it may have been good before but not against a searing red hot spurs offense. amazingly, the super fast touch passing of san antonio is torching the okc defense which was not that bad in the past playoff games, and many times, this touch passing has left an open spur for a 3. one instance, parker had about 4 seconds to shoot his 3, which he converted.

okc needs to win the next 2. needs. 1-3 will rattle their confidence, and spurs know how to make a kill when they see it. stephen jackson provides some sentimental drama in this series. what a return.

The Spurs are shedding their boring to watch rep real fast.

The Spurs are shedding their boring to watch rep real fast.

Jack, of the 4 title runs the Spurs had this few years, I found the NJ and NY and Cleveland series boring, and only the Detroit match exciting. Well, in total, they WERE boring. LOL. But, you're right, this time, they are fast and furious. Amazing how the addition of young ones like Green and Leonard has 'sped' them up. And Duncan, Parker and Manu aren't really panting during the games. Very good physical conditioning with these 'elders', I must say. Maybe they got inspired by last year's fountain of youth performance by Jason Kidd. It would be too much to wish for Garnett, Pierce and Allen to get rejuvenated miraculously tomorrow. :D

<snip> It would be too much to wish for Garnett, Pierce and Allen to get rejuvenated miraculously tomorrow. :D

Fat Chance .. The Heat wil prevail.. What I find interesting about the Heat s how much better D-Wade and LBJ play with Bosh out .. Two things may happen when he comes back. He plays much better trying to add his own game to that of the dynamic duo or he gets traded. I wouldn't count this out.
SAS looks impressive and stable .. OKC jittery.. Westbrook talent is unquestionable . His basketball IQ needs to increase. He has to understand more of the game flow. Durant played well but was kept in check by the SAS defense.. He will have to step up and create opportunities for the other players .. THe way OKC played is IMO undisciplined and rely on scoring a bunch whenever you can, preferably with jump shots .. This doesn't work well with team with good defense that wants to impose their own (slow) tempo .. Read the Heat, the Celtics and the aforementioned SAS. Don't expect to score 120 on these defenses night after night...
It's been a very, very entertaining season....

Fat Chance .. The Heat wil prevail.. What I find interesting about the Heat s how much better D-Wade and LBJ play with Bosh out .. Two things may happen when he comes back. He plays much better trying to add his own game to that of the dynamic duo or he gets traded. I wouldn't count this out.

James and Wade are having a great shooting spree lately. The shots just drop in despite hands in their faces. If you're Doc Rivers, you just shake your head. But he only has one attitude, which is to tell his boys, the Heat has to beat them 3 more times, as each time they have to give it all they've got and hope that the outside shots don't drop. Even Miller has found his outside shooting touch, not to mention old reliable Chalmers. Russell isn't going to walk through that door, nor will Havlicek, nor Cowens nor Bird. It's a very tall order for the C's, but they've got to win at least one game here to be respectable.

and many times, this touch passing has left an open spur for a 3. one instance, parker had about 4 seconds to shoot his 3, which he converted.

that play left everyone amazed as he scored completely open for those 4 seconds as OKC just stood and watched him shoot undefended

OKC jittery.. Westbrook talent is unquestionable . His basketball IQ needs to increase. He has to understand more of the game flow.

I agree especially watching him lose his equanimity under stress. I also saw a mean streak in him last night in some of his very hard fouls as well as his blatant arguing with the refs. His smile and swagger was the first to disappear in the game.

I am also impressed as to how fast and how strong James Harden can attack the lane to score

James and Wade are having a great shooting spree lately. The shots just drop in despite hands in their faces. If you're Doc Rivers, you just shake your head. But he only has one attitude, which is to tell his boys, the Heat has to beat them 3 more times, as each time they have to give it all they've got and hope that the outside shots don't drop. Even Miller has found his outside shooting touch, not to mention old reliable Chalmers. Russell isn't going to walk through that door, nor will Havlicek, nor Cowens nor Bird. It's a very tall order for the C's, but they've got to win at least one game here to be respectable.

Who on the heat can match up with Duncan? He'll look like the old Duncan with 24/20 games against the Heat;)

Who on the heat can match up with Duncan? He'll look like the old Duncan with 24/20 games against the Heat;)

Right now, they only have Turiaf and Anthony and neither can match up against Duncan. Bosh if he shows up may help but still Tim would get his way. Too much basketball sense in the big guy and now that he is fit and fantastic, he's looking for another ring. MIA imo, if they win the title, will be one of the few teams that won without a dominating big guy or twin towers - in the mold of the Bull's Jordan and Pippen. This Joel Anthony impresses me each time he plays. He reminds me of an Anthony Mason, perhaps a little better even.

Anthony surprises you? Are you kidding? The kid is nothing short of fast for a "big" and has 3 point accuracy. He has a bright career ahead

I meant I'm impressed with him for his 6'9" height and was starting as center last season and now off the bench. How he can block shots of bigger players to me is impressive and he never ceases to chase a loose ball.

And how bout Ray Allen missing something like 4 out of 8 foul shots in a game? I couldn't believe my eyes when he missed 2 in a row in the last game.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu