New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Hi

Phil jackson is one of the great.. no doubt .. I however believe that Doc River is to be even a greater coach .. What he manages to get from his players is extraordinary... When the Lakers lost to the Celts back in2008 (?) I sincerely believed that Phil Jackson was outwitted by Doc Rivers ... Nothing yet has convinced me of the contrary.
The two best coaches in the league? .. Popovitch and Rivers ... hands down ... It could even be that they meet in the finals, not farfetched at all, the way their teams have been playing , would be a fitting conclusion to a great year by both... Food for thoughts

At about 1 minute left in the1st quarter, while Fisher was about to take his free throws, an uncanny event happened - Kendrik Perkins smiled! :D And he was pointing to a teammate it seems, and happy at what was going on at that time. One thing for sure, he will have more technical fouls than smiles in his career. :D

OKC is looking very poised

yeah steve. and pop is shifting his men like never before. at one point they had 4 guards and Blair as the only big man.

and what a spurt by the spurs opening the 3rd quarter...

and what a spurt by the spurs opening the 3rd quarter...

all for naught

OKC is hungrier and more focused. I have been betting on them all year to win it all.

OKC goes home up 3-2

all for naught

OKC is hungrier and more focused. I have been betting on them all year to win it all.

OKC goes home up 3-2

what a game by okc. withstanding that 3rd quarter run and countering with a run of its own, and the spurs yet made a final run but harden made the toughest shot in the series on crunch time. what a guy. all the thunder starters had excellent performances in one game or another, and now their 6th man harden rises up to the occasion. a deserving win by the thunder tonight. the momentum is definitely on their side and they go home for the kill.

a little trivia while waiting for game 5 between boston and miami. it was later revealed after the perkins trade that ainge initially wanted harden from okc for perkins. okc's gm refused and ainge settled for jeff green and krystic. imagine had that deal went through, today, harden would be making though tough shots against miami while okc would be having a jeff green that underwent heart surgery and done for the season.

what an absolutely great win by the Celts in Miami to go home up 3-2 and hopefully send the Celts to the Last Dance vs OKC

Wouldn't Celts v. OKC be a great final? Don't think that OKC will bring the TV viewers but certainly the Celts will! Gotta hand it to Doc Rivers. Celts were counted out for most of the season.

what an absolutely great win by the Celts in Miami to go home up 3-2 and hopefully send the Celts to the Last Dance vs OKC

Yesterday, I checked the Las Vegas odds, and a blogger mentioned that Boston was +8 to beat Miami. I couln't have believed it as they were on the road.

The C's seemed to have found a formula to win. Slow, calculated pace, relying on a rotating D. Doc is one super coach. One more win and into the Last Dance.

Wouldn't Celts v. OKC be a great final? Don't think that OKC will bring the TV viewers but certainly the Celts will! Gotta hand it to Doc Rivers. Celts were counted out for most of the season.

Counted out specially when they lost Avery Bradley in the first round who was one of the reasons for their resurgence after Allen had bone spurs in his ankle.

C's need to stay focused and win one more game.

Last edited:
Counted out specially when they lost Avery Bradley in the first round who was one of the reasons for their resurgence after Allen had bone spurs in his ankle.

C's need to stay focused and win one more game.

They also had a horrible start to this wacked out season :( But Garnett and Pierce have stepped up their games.

Heat have their work cut out. History shows very few teams win at the Boston Garden, esp. in the playoffs. Going to be rockin' in Boston for game 6.

This game 5 of Boston and the Heat had a similarity with the OKC vs SAS game the other night, also the 5th game. There were runs that swung back and forth with one team taking big lead only to see a counter run by the opposing team to take back the lead, and then there was yet another counter run by the other team to lead till the end of the game. Both OKC and Boston had the last and important run to win the games. It just shows these playoff games are unpredictable and no big lead is safe. As Doc and Pop said, you gotta play 4 good quarters, not 2 or 3. This final 4 is fantastic.

Lakers pick up option on Bynum for next season

Posted Jun 6 2012 6:21AM
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Lakers have exercised their $16.1 million contract option for next season on All-Star center Andrew Bynum.

Los Angeles announced the move Monday. General manager Mitch Kupchak confirmed last month the Lakers would exercise the option.
Bynum is coming off his best NBA season after averaging career highs with 18.7 points and 11.8 rebounds while making his first All-Star team, starting for the West. He was the NBA's third-leading rebounder and 20th-leading scorer while also ranking sixth in the league with 1.93 blocked shots per game.
Bynum also avoided the injuries that have dogged him throughout a seven-year career since the Lakers made the New Jersey high schooler the youngest player ever drafted in 2005. Bynum played in 60 of the Lakers' 66 regular-season games, missing four due to suspension.

I think Spoelstra's out if they lose to the Cs. Despite two huge leaping plays in the 4th, Wade looks like he's breaking down a bit meaning their window is now. Don't know if they'd do it, but I think SVG would be a great coach for them.

Tough, gutty win by the Cs in what was a pretty ugly game offensively.

I'd hire him in a second. I think he's a great coach.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu