New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

What do you think the Trailblazers are thinking right now? :)

On passing KD for Greg Oden? I don't know if they have recovered from thinking about passing MJ for Sam Bowie. :)

And quite a good basketball model too. No whining. No trash talk. No over celebration. That sight where he embraced his parents was a great one. He is an MVP.

And add to this absolutely zero drama, no 'the decision,' when he re-signed. Simply sent a tweet for fans to see that he'll be with the team for the next four or five years, and thanked them for the support.

I would like to have seen him and Derrick Rose in the finals not only because I'm a Bulls fan, but because those two guys are the best young leaders for the league. Would be great if they can develop a long lasting rivalry.

On passing KD for Greg Oden? I don't know if they have recovered from thinking about passing MJ for Sam Bowie. :)

Yes but at least Bowie played for a little bit :) Something about those Kentucky guys. Remember Kenny "Skywalker" Walker? #6 pick by the Knicks and total bust.

Yes but at least Bowie played for a little bit :) Something about those Kentucky guys. Remember Kenny "Skywalker" Walker? #6 pick by the Knicks and total bust.

Well, Boston had its share of Kentucky guys, handpicked in the first round by former Kentucky coach and then Celtic president and coach Rick Pitino, among them Antoine Walker, Ron Mercer and Walter McCarthy. Only Antoine was not a total bust since he won a ring with Shaq and Wade in Miami. :D Kenny Walker? At least he won a dunk contest. :D

Kenny Walker was a 6'8" 220 lb post up player. That defines a college game that doesn't translate into the pros.

Well, Boston had its share of Kentucky guys, handpicked in the first round by former Kentucky coach and then Celtic president and coach Rick Pitino, among them Antoine Walker, Ron Mercer and Walter McCarthy. Only Antoine was not a total bust since he won a ring with Shaq and Wade in Miami. :D Kenny Walker? At least he won a dunk contest. :D

Yeah McCarthy had a go around with the Knicks too :) I don't remember Mercer being an all star, but he wasn't that bad a player. Maybe need to refamiliarize myself with his stats :)

Kenny Walker was a 6'8" 220 lb post up player. That defines a college game that doesn't translate into the pros.

Yep.

NBA refs have been biggest flop

From Fox Sports

We can’t see the Boston Celtics. Their shocking and amazing run to a 3-2 advantage in the Eastern Conference finals has been blotted out by the stars of these NBA playoffs — Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Joey Crawford, Bill Kennedy, Derrick Stafford, Ed Malloy, Dan Crawford and Flop City.

You don’t recognize those last six names? Sure you do. Their names trend on Twitter on a nightly basis. They’re cussed and discussed on talk radio on a daily basis. They’re the newest, biggest stars of the NBA. They’re turning what should be a showcase of what is right and good about the NBA into an advertisement for what is wrong with the league.

They’re NBA refs and their trusty foil, the whistle-baiting, soccer-ploy flopping.

The refs and The Flop have squeezed Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Doc Rivers and Celtics Pride to the back of the playoff storylines. I get that the Heat's collapse and the on-court fraying of James and Wade are more fascinating than the Boston dinosaurs rising up to rule the East.

But it’s a tragedy that the league’s most historic franchise is taking a backseat to the men in striped shirts.

The refs and The Flop are the reason I have tremendous apprehension about Thursday's Celtics-Heat Game 6. I’m afraid the highly skilled, highly compelling players won’t decide this elimination contest and the refs and Oscar-worthy acting will.

Wednesday night, Durant and the Thunder extinguished the Spurs, rallying from an 18-point deficit to win 107-99. Durant was remarkable. He played all 48 minutes. He scored 34 points, grabbed 14 rebounds, handed out five assists, blocked two shots and snatched a steal.

Rondo and James have put together more impressive stat lines, but no one has played better during these playoffs than Durant did Wednesday. His combination of movement without the ball and ability to put the ball on the floor to create his own shot and open looks for others was the best I’ve seen since Michael Jordan in his prime. Durant was Carmelo Anthony, Ray Allen and Chris Paul rolled into one 6-foot-9 package.

He so frustrated the Spurs that tiny Tony Parker tried to match Durant shot for shot and play for play. After a 7-for-9, 16-point, six-assist first quarter, Parker made a fool of himself the last three quarters, jacking difficult shots early in the shot clock and taking his teammates, particularly Manu Ginobili, out of rhythm. Parker hit five of 18 shots the final 36 minutes.

Durant’s destruction of Parker should’ve been the lone storyline. It wasn’t. Joe Crawford, Bill Kennedy and Randy Mott took over the fourth quarter with their whistles. They called five fouls on the Spurs in less than four minutes, putting the Thunder in the bonus with 8:19 to play. On a night when both teams looked for shots in the paint, the Thunder shot 31 free throws and the Spurs attempted 18.

OKC outplayed San Antonio and deserved the victory. But the officiating was horrendous. Given Joe Crawford’s well-documented history with Tim Duncan, it's incredulous that Crawford is assigned to Spurs games.

The officiating in the Eastern Conference finals has been every bit as bad. The Celtics can pretty much plan on getting at least two technical fouls Thursday night.

I’m not charging conspiracy. I’m charging incompetence. I’m charging out-of-control egos. The refs view themselves as stars. I’m blaming HD TVs. Seriously. You think the Kardashians are the only people in love with fame? Most of America wants to be a reality-TV star, and you think these old men don’t love their celebrity?

This is going to sound crazy, but I’d make all refs — basketball and football — wear masks. Make 'em numbers instead of names. No. 19 could control his ego better than Joe Crawford and his NFL equivalent, Ed Hochuli.

Now, I’m not putting the whole thing on the refs. The Flop is absolutely ruining basketball and making the game far more difficult to officiate. The best athletes in the world fall down spectacularly at the mere thought of contact. Between the flops and the constant glares and whining of the players, the refs are constantly under high stress.

The solution is an instant-replay official who works in conjunction with the refs on the floor. The instant-replay ref should review all potential flops and reward the victim of a flop two free throws. The free throws could be awarded after every dead-ball timeout. Yes, it’s a judgment call, but so are technical fouls. And flopping must be stopped.

Basketball isn’t soccer. Basketball doesn’t want to be soccer. Basketball is a wonderfully fluid game played by the most breathtaking athletes in the world. Flopping is getting in the way of fans appreciating that.

We can’t appreciate the beauty of what the Celtics are potentially pulling off because of all the flopping bodies and bloated egos in our way. Yes, James and Wade flop and have bloated egos, but I’m mostly talking about the refs.

I'm wondering how flopping evolved in the NBA. I thought I read that David Stern wanted to ban flopping at the start of the season. Having the semi-circle inside the paint sort of legalized flopping, I guess. So it was the league that 'encouraged' flopping as part of the game. All players then can practice this act of flopping. I'm not for it, personally speaking, it ruins the game.

I'm wondering how flopping evolved in the NBA. I thought I read that David Stern wanted to ban flopping at the start of the season. Having the semi-circle inside the paint sort of legalized flopping, I guess. So it was the league that 'encouraged' flopping as part of the game. All players then can practice this act of flopping. I'm not for it, personally speaking, it ruins the game.

I think you can take it to the bank that something will be done about "flopping" in the off season. Supposedly, this had been discussed among the refs, but apparently to little good.

Stepping into someone's path isn't defense, but lowering your shoulder and going straight into someone has to be a foul, otherwise you can't cover them (see Lebron). What the NBA tried to do was take interpretation out of these kinds of contacts as much as possible, but you can't, it hasn't worked. There has to be an interpretative element to these calls -- if you've played at all you know where the foul lies in such contact. Usually it boils down to who initiated the contact. And initiating can include stepping into a path whether or not you just got your feet set. As I struggle a bit here it east pay to see the difficulty the NBA will have wording the rules.

They may well to further restrict the use of hands on D and I'm all for it. holding is not defense ,

LBJ delivered tonight a performance for the ages ! He was the difference... Boston wasn't its usual sharp .. Looked sloppy .. Great game by the Heat overall... Bo

Pacquiao schedules fight around Celtics Game 7

MIAMI — For those who are planning to watch the Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley fight on Saturday, you might want to check out the Boston Celtics and Miami's Game 7 matchup first.

Because Pacquiao, a die-hard Celtics fan, isn't going to throw a single punch until the C's game is over.

"I'm not waiting for Manny's request on this one," said fight promoter Bob Arum, who issued a statement indicating that the Saturday night main event between Pacquiao and Bradley in Las Vegas would not begin until after the C's-Heat game concluded.

"Now Manny, the Heat, the Celtics and sports fans watching the basketball game won't have to make a choice between events," said Arum, who added that the undercard fights would begin at 9 p.m. "They will be able to watch both."

To hear that Pacquiao's fight was being delayed did not come as a surprise to Celtics head coach Doc Rivers.

"He's a Celtics fan. What do you expect?" Rivers said. "Pretty cool, though. That's cool."

Itr's only half time but so far the Celts outplayed,outsmarted and outcoached

I think most of us want the Celts to win or rather LBJ lose. So far he has kept the Heat in the game and if Heat prevail it will IMO answer the question that I have given an answer to and that was who was going to win it all. So it will be LBJ vs KD however there's another 12 minutes to play

Indeed the game is 48 minutes and LBJ kicked the Celts' butts. Celts got really sloppy with turn overs which cost them the game

So it's going to be truly a great series..

Heat vs OKC. Winner takes all

Tough loss for the Celts Phil. Gave up an 11 point lead is not good. I think we've seen the last of their Big 3. Game 6 was the turning point when LBJ took the game(s) over

Indeed the game is 48 minutes and LBJ kicked the Celts' butts. Celts got really sloppy with turn overs which cost them the game

So it's going to be truly a great series..

Heat vs OKC. Winner takes all

Tough loss for the Celts Phil. Gave up an 11 point lead is not good. I think we've seen the last of their Big 3. Game 6 was the turning point when LBJ took the game(s) over

Steve, I have seen the writing on the wall. This was not the time or year the C's will go to the Finals. After that loss at home, no, I don't think they would advance. And, I guess lots of fans will be in for a basketball treat in OKC vs MIA. No more talk of oldies like the Spurs of Celtics. These are 2 relatively young teams who are hungry for a title. I will be enjoying this series.

Last edited:
Hi

LBJ came to his own in this series and that is a scary thought. The man talent's is extraordinary and if he becomes capable of taking over games like he did in game 6 that is a good omen for multiple championship in Miami.
I , like many spoke too soon about Bosh. he was the difference. Wade wasn't much of a factor IMO. Interestingly , Magic Johnson in the pregame show said that Bosh game would be the difference and Bosh indeed was.Miami still needs to tweak the team some . They need a true center and teams like OKC will make the lack of size at the center position glaring.
Like Jadis I believe this will be a very entertaining series and really a toss-up. OKC now, believes in itself. I would have preferred the PG to be more in control but then you have the calming influence of Durant who, also, can take over a game and bring his team to victory.. His talent is also great although I tend to think that of LBJ is even greater.
As for players I would build a team around . Rajon Rondo would be the first. He is right now the best PG in the league. With a basketball IQ matched by few others. A pint-size (is he 6 feet ? barely) and a way to make everybody around him better. A superb player. his trick of bouncing the ball on Wade and then score is something unique.. He has done it quite a number of times and scored ... not a good player, a great player.. One of the best in the NBA right now... I am a Lakers fan by the way but I love the game and this kid makes a beauty of it.
Great Series ahead .. I have no idea who will win ..

What was a head-scratcher is a vet team like the Celts so careless with the ball. LBJ is the most talented player ever IMO -- unparalleled combo of skill (including court vision), size and speed. If this series was his playoffs coming out, yeah, that is truly scary.

That said, I have to believe a balanced, disciplined team can take out one so unbalanced like the Heat. OKC has the balance, the possession to possesion discipline is the ? What's pulled the Heat thru is that if they can stay close thru 3 quarters, theyve got two of the best individual scorers to isolate with. I think the right team, and one with a scorer like KD for when things break down, can beat them. They're not a great team.

As I'd hate to see LBJ win at all, hope this isn't wishful thinking :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu