New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

If I was a Lakers fan I'd feel the same way. Thought MB was incredibly unimaginative with LBJ in CLE.

What I found profound was in a Lakers pregame show Magic Johnson commented that although Brown is a very good coach he doesn't know how to make game changes on the fly unlike, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley etc

What I found profound was in a Lakers pregame show Magic Johnson commented that although Brown is a very good coach he doesn't know how to make game changes on the fly unlike, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley etc

So he's a very good coach who doesn't know how to make on the fly adjustments? Kind of an oxymoron, no?

I agree but I also think he and Breen are exceptional sportscaster and color commentator

yeah. excellent tandem though i miss the barbs of mark jackson and jeff vg. :D

yeah. excellent tandem though i miss the barbs of mark jackson and jeff vg. :D

Indeed the 3 were terrific but JVG is a star. I don't think he'll ever coach again. I'm still hoping Lakers grab SVG

and talking about coaching, as the history of the game progresses, and through more media coverage, i get to see how stressful the job is. before i would think that the coach just think strategy and replace players while the game is going on but later on with all these nba 'specials', i saw how a coach, during practice, would repeat a play (or even half a play) for 1 hour. the game has changed and evolved, and seeing how many assistant coaches are needed by a head coach tells you the whole story. i don't know if red auerbach had that many assistants or even an assistant at all in those days. and just a trivia, i learned only of late that former Laker Tyron Lue has been an assistant of Doc for a few years. I just couldn't place who that young looking assistant was who always sat behind Doc and Doc is seen having some serious talk with him. And that was Tyron Lue - the Allen Iverson buster. :D

and talking about coaching, as the history of the game progresses, and through more media coverage, i get to see how stressful the job is. before i would think that the coach just think strategy and replace players while the game is going on but later on with all these nba 'specials', i saw how a coach, during practice, would repeat a play (or even half a play) for 1 hour. the game has changed and evolved, and seeing how many assistant coaches are needed by a head coach tells you the whole story. i don't know if red auerbach had that many assistants or even an assistant at all in those days. and just a trivia, i learned only of late that former Laker Tyron Lue has been an assistant of Doc for a few years. I just couldn't place who that young looking assistant was who always sat behind Doc and Doc is seen having some serious talk with him. And that was Tyron Lue - the Allen Iverson buster. :D

Phil

I am always amazed by your historic knowledge of the game

Phil

I am always amazed by your historic knowledge of the game

Thanks Steve. I just love to read the tidbits around the league. :) And while we're at it, there was a previous 'Celtic-Laker collaboration', if you can call it that, when Bill Sharman, a former Celtic player, ended up as Head Coach of the LA Lakers in the 70s. :)

well guys...

sign of a championship team is to never get flustered and play your game. OKC comes back from 18 down to defeat the Spurs and win the West

Tell me KD should not have been the MVP this year. Certainly he is MVP of the playoffs IMO

As I said months ago OKC IMO was going to win it all

They totally shut out the Spurs . Tonight was basketball at its finest. A new champion is born in the west

Totally an awesome display of firepower by OKC. You're right all along with OKC, Steve.

Man, Fisher is something else. Mr. Clutch in modern times. Horry has retired and Fish is the 'living legend' for big shots. OKC is destined to win it seems, they have all the components. Also great coaching by Scott. Great job.

Tell me KD should not have been the MVP this year. Certainly he is MVP of the playoffs IMO

And quite a good basketball model too. No whining. No trash talk. No over celebration. That sight where he embraced his parents was a great one. He is an MVP.

Seeing KD playing at an incredible level today and watching the OKC machine methodically beating on all cylinders .. I have to hand it to you Steve they are likely to win it all ... Durand play level , touch and confidence have increased during the playoff .. I still find Westbrook lacking, although a great talent .. KD is something else, a player for the ages.

Here is something I noticed about the current players of OKC in the rotation. All First Round Draft picks. Their GM must be good. I'm not sure if their GM is the same one they had in the Seattle Sonics franchise. But here it goes:

1. Kevin Durant - 2007 1st Round, No. 2 overall.
2. Russell Westbrook - 2008 1st Round, No. 4 overall.
3. Sefalosha - 2006 1st Round, No. 13th by the Sixers.
4. Ibaka - 2008 1st Round, No. 24 overall.
5. James Harden - 2009 1st Round, No. 3 overall.
6. Collison - 2003 1st Round, No. 12 overall.
7. Derek Fisher - 1996 1st Round, No. 24 by the LAL
8. Kendrick Perkins - 2003 1st Round, No. 27 overall by the Grizzlies.

We've heard of so many 1st round lemons in the course of the NBA, but I must say this OKC team has put it all together and how.

well guys...

sign of a championship team is to never get flustered and play your game. OKC comes back from 18 down to defeat the Spurs and win the West

As I said months ago OKC IMO was going to win it all

They totally shut out the Spurs . Tonight was basketball at its finest. A new champion is born in the west

What do you think the Trailblazers are thinking right now? :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu