New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I have to say again that in the East the Celtics are my Cinderella team however if there is one team that I feel has the wherewithal to not only beat the Suns but can go all the way is Memphis. They continue to get better with every game and I truly believe they can emerge from the west and go all the way.

im still waiting for Pelinka to get his pink slip. Vogel likely as well but Vogel is the scapegoat

Stephen A just stated that “if” Ben Simmons can play 20-25 minutes a game the Nets will be going to the finals. His back is doing well. It’s his brain I worry about

I think he’s starting to sound like Kendrick Perkins now. :eek:

Reactions: jadis
Stephen A just stated that “if” Ben Simmons can play 20-25 minutes a game the Nets will be going to the finals. His back is doing well. It’s his brain I worry about

I think he’s starting to sound like Kendrick Perkins now. :eek:
It may be a real possibility that the C's will face the Nets, whom nobody in the top tier seeds really want to face. The Cinderella story might just finish at the tick of the clock. :eek:

It may be a real possibility that the C's will face the Nets, whom nobody in the top tier seeds really want to face. The Cinderella story might just finish at the tick of the clock. :eek:
Not so sure Phil. Today I said that the Grizz could go all the way and they are getting killed at home by the Celtics. I think the Celtics are an excellent team Phil.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
How close can it be in the East? Triple tie for 2nd place but the C's gained the number 2 seed from the tie breakers. They face the Nets or the Cavs. They will be tested with either. 2nd seed is way better than a projected play in seed about a few months ago.

Reactions: christoph
How about this .Lakers bench wins over the Nuggs bench in OT as Austin Reaves gets a triple double

One minute after the game ended Woj issues a press release that Vogel to be fired as early as tomorrow. The mass killings have started .

• Wow
a lengthy read but very informative...

NBA playoffs 2022: The 75 things you need to know about the 20 teams still standing​

and so the axe has fallen.....I am sorry about this one as IMO it was Pelinka who orchestrated this disaster

Lakers part ways with coach Frank Vogel

The Lakers have moved on from coach Frank Vogel, who guided the team to an NBA title in 2020.

• Angry
What a whiney little crybaby.I hope the front office dumps him in the off season. His time as a meaningful player is done

Los Angeles Lakers' Russell Westbrook opens up on disconnect with Frank Vogel, disappointing season

Dave McMenaminESPN Staff Writer

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- With Frank Vogel removed as coach of the Los Angeles Lakers earlier in the day, Lakers point guard Russell Westbrook opened up about the disconnect that existed between the two of them in his first season in L.A.

"I think it's unfortunate, to be honest, because I've never had an issue with any of my coaches before," Westbrook said on Monday after his exit interview with the Lakers' front office. "I'm not sure what his issue was with me or I'm not sure why, but I can't really give you an answer to why we really never connected."

Westbrook, who was the highest-paid player during the Lakers' nightmarish 2021-22 season, wasn't done with his griping with just the coach, either. He took aim at several other aspects of his Lakers experience that went awry in his 21-minute news conference, detailing how he felt he was wronged.

"When I first got here, the ability to be able to do what I'm able to do for a team and an organization wasn't given a fair chance," he said.

Westbrook went on to blame false news reports as a contributing factor to his struggles this past season.

"The famous 'source' stories that came out about myself, whether it be between me and the staff, me and Frank, me and the fans, there's just so many made-up stories that are not true," Westbrook said. "It's just always having to fight against that constantly. It's just not [being] given a fair chance. It's like, 'OK, now I got to fight against this made-up story. Now I got to fight against this one. Now I go to fight against this one. Now I got to fight against this one.'"

When asked directly to name one example of a fabricated story about his time with the Lakers, he did not offer a specific response.

"No," Westbrook said. "I can't. You know the examples. I don't want to get in details, what story, who wrote it, why ... it's pointless. It really doesn't matter because it's not true. If it doesn't come from me [it is not true]."

The 2017 league MVP also said that LeBron James' and Anthony Davis' repeated intentions to "let Russ be Russ" in unlocking the best version of the former All-Star were disingenuous.

"Yeah, [they said it]," Westbrook said. "But that wasn't true."

When asked to elaborate, Westbrook said it came down to the pieces being unable to complement one another.

"It's a combination of where we are on the floor, positioning, fit and challenge, trial and error, being able to play on the floor with each other," Westbrook said. "Finding ways to be able to utilize us to the best of our abilities. It's that simple."

Westbrook, who has a player option for next season worth $47 million, did not have a simple answer when asked if he planned to exercise it. "Umm, I'll make the decision," he said. "That's why it's called 'player option.'"

Lakers vice president of basketball operations and general manager Rob Pelinka did not commit to giving the James-Davis-Westbrook group another chance next season, should Westbrook opt in.

"Like any player, we'll partner with him after that decision is made about what's best for his future," Pelinka said. "Rest assured, we're going to look under every stone for ways to be better and be open to anything that will improve our team and will put us in a position to compete at a higher level next year than we did this year."

Westbrook, who played in 78 games and averaged 18.5 points on 44.4% shooting (29.8% from 3), 7.4 rebounds and 7.1 assists per game, did admit his production didn't meet his personal standards.

"Just my play in general, not my best season, just going off my own personal scale," he said. "Obviously I'm coming off averaging a triple-double, so anything less than that would not be a good season for me in my eyes, you know what I'm saying? So that's why the scale of where it comes from is a little bit different."

Following a loss to the Phoenix Suns last week that officially eliminated the Lakers from play-in tournament contention, Westbrook said "the plan" would be to play for L.A. again next season so that he, James and Davis could see what they look like together with the benefit of health. They played just 21 games together this season because of various injuries, going 11-10.

"I just hope that we have a chance to be able to do something," he said.

After all of the grievances Westbrook shared on Monday, he was asked what would entice him to want to play for the Lakers again, with the additional context seemingly not lining up with his previous declaration.

"I mean, obviously it's going to be a lot of different changes based on who the coach is and how our style of play and what we play like," he said. "So, that question is kind of up in the air. But once that decision is made then we'll kind of go from there."

• Angry
the Lakers list of candidates.I'm shocked to see Doc Rivers as a possibility. It is Nick Nurse who really interests me. Forget Juwan Howard or David Fisdale

Breaking Down Lakers' Top Head Coach Candidates After Frank Vogel Firing

So sorry Stevie and all other Lakers fans. It looks like it will take at least a decade to see that ship righted.

On a more general note, it does appear we are seeing that the economics of having 3 big stars doesn't work. By economics I really mean the inability to fill up the roster with dependable help to provide reasonable depth. This could have implications come draft day. We might be seeing teams draft more upper class men over one and done's with potentially higher upside. Teams just don't have the time to develop players. We have seen many older rookies come right in and help this year. What does two or three years tell one about upside anyway? The difference between a 19 yr old and a 22 yr old doesn't seem much to me other than seeing if the 19 yr old has another 3 inches in height in him.

I will be looking forward to seeing how the vertically challenged guys from the bay will fare against the big and burly Nuggets and if they do that, the even burlier Grizzlies. I mean Gasol and Big Z were big but seeing the current bears live, hoo boy these are bad boys who make Draymond look a little doughy. It took over 40 from Steph to win that one and Ja was on minute restriction. Well that was regular season so please take with a grain of salt. What a matchup between speed vs power. YET should they survive, I'm saddened that prospects are extremely low against the Suns who miraculously has morphed into what looks like the most complete team I've seen in the traditional sense of 2 bigs, 2 wings and a true PG since maybe the most recent Champ Celtics teams. I already feel sorry for the play in guys that have to face them and likely the Mavs in the second round. Mavs because I don't see the Jazz without Ingles whose presence doesn't show in the box scores.

My love for the Warriors aside, a Nuggets - Grizzlies series would be helluva fun to watch but the assist fest that would be the Nuggets against the Suns even more.

No thoughts on the East yet :)

I agree about the Lakers rebuild. It would happen quicker if they dump ALL of their big 3. LeBron is too old and won't win another title as a Laker

AD has shown he is now injury prone and missed half of the season and Westbrook flat out stinks

As for the Grizz, IMO they are the only team in the West wh I feel can beat the Suns in a 7 game series. Morant will be MVP in the next 5 years IMO

Sadly I don't think the GSW will be competitive without a healthy Curry and Green

And, as I saw it coming, the Nets beat the Cavs now and will face the C's in a 7 game series. They say no one would want to face a 'lower' seeded Nets in the first round and I do not know why the C's wanted that. They could have just lost the last game and let Philly or the Bucks have the Nets. They might have a plan. :D Kyrie will always want to stomp on Boston's fans, and there's no one in the C's lineup who can stop him. First round exit is very possible, and even without Simmons the Nets have a very deep bench. Mills alone will give the Celtics problems. And they have veteran bigs Blake and Aldrige. It's not a good move to win your last game (risking injuries to starters even), Brad, though you did well at the trade deadline. :D

If the Suns see the Clips, they too might have a problem. Clips have many looks to throw at Devin (who has been one of my favorites for a long time). They have two big bodies to throw at Ayton too. Only question is the Clip's scoring efficiency.

I would like to see an Ayton and KAT showdown. That of course brings the positional showdown between the Laker that never was and the Laker that was booted out for being a jerk to his teammate LOL Oh then there is the 2 guard WAR. We know how it will probably end (I'm thinking Gentleman's Sweep) but it still would be fun to watch.

I regret not following the EAST at all. Call it Pacer Rebuild Syndrome.

I'm inclined to call it Suns-Bucks Part 2 for some reason. 7 games. No idea who will win game 7 LOL

I'm inclined to call it Suns-Bucks Part 2 for some reason. 7 games. No idea who will win game 7 LOL
I can see that too, but the Nets were only a shot or a KD toe away from the 3 point line last year. Any contender that has KD in its team is a dangerous one. And, KD is still seeking his first ring outside the Warriors. :D

And, as I saw it coming, the Nets beat the Cavs now and will face the C's in a 7 game series. They say no one would want to face a 'lower' seeded Nets in the first round and I do not know why the C's wanted that. They could have just lost the last game and let Philly or the Bucks have the Nets. They might have a plan. :D Kyrie will always want to stomp on Boston's fans, and there's no one in the C's lineup who can stop him. First round exit is very possible, and even without Simmons the Nets have a very deep bench. Mills alone will give the Celtics problems. And they have veteran bigs Blake and Aldrige. It's not a good move to win your last game (risking injuries to starters even), Brad, though you did well at the trade deadline. :D
As Sir Charles said post game “ KD and Kyrie played a fantastic game and barely held on to beat a mediocre team. I think the Celts will be fine Phil

Reactions: jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing