New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

The difference makers? In my mind:
Boston turnovers.
The Warriors increased defensive pressure in the second half.
Warriors offensive rebounds.
Some questionable shot selection by the Celtics. Especially Marcus Smart.

Reactions: christoph
The difference makers? In my mind:
Boston turnovers.
The Warriors increased defensive pressure in the second half.
Warriors offensive rebounds.
Some questionable shot selection by the Celtics. Especially Marcus Smart.
well Jerry....you forgot one thing in your take away.........Steph lit them up in the second half. To me Steph is the greatest shooter in the history of the NBA It is now a best of 3 series

The Finals Stat | Game 4: Stephen Curry continues lighting it up from 3
The Warriors star cooks up another impressive showing, shooting 50% from 3-point range as the Warriors even the 2022 NBA Finals at 2-2.

and of course the Celtics turnovers doomed them...

Turnovers doom Celtics once again in Game 4 loss to Warriors​

The Celtics are now 1-6 this postseason when committing 16 or more turnovers. When they commit 15 or fewer, they are 13-2.

a great morning read......

5 takeaways from the Warriors' series-tying Game 4 victory in 2022 NBA Finals​

Stephen Curry captures the moment, Steve Kerr makes a crucial choice in the 4th and more thoughts as the Warriors retake homecourt advantage.

I don't have stats broken down by quarter/half, but what I see is that the Warriors turned it over 16 times to the Celts 15. Both teams made 15 3's but the Celts' team percentage was better - approx 40% to 35%. From a team stats standpoint, the smaller Warriors won it on the boards, 55 to 42 (16 to 11 offensive). Of course these numbers don't necessarily reflect what happened in the crucial end game moments. Curry was the real difference in the game - gritty, magnificent performance!

Last edited:
True Steve regarding Steph Curry.
For years here kids have trumpeted 'Curry for three' when shooting around. (I loved the year I heard 'Lowry for three!')

I think it shows my bias, as I wasn't really watching Curry. Looking back, he had four 3s in the third quarter.
Boston did better keeping the Warriors third quarter in check, but got taken out of their game in the 4th.

One thing I think the Celtics have to learn is at this stage in the season there can be no 'heat checks.' Every possession is important.
Again, that fine line between a good shot and poor choice.
Like the corner three Grant Williams took (a good shot), when he should have made the extra pass to Jaylen Brown.
Another was Derek White's drive in the 3rd quarter, where he didn't have the hang time to control the shot. That would have been much better to pass on with 10 seconds on the shot clock, or drive and kick.
One made/missed shot can be impactful during the game, when it gets to the last 5 minutes.

And Tatum playing badly? The Warriors defensive pressure on him is immense.

When up, Boston plays a little differently imho. Hoping they find that consistency.

Last edited:
and of course the Celtics turnovers doomed them...

Turnovers doom Celtics once again in Game 4 loss to Warriors​

The Celtics are now 1-6 this postseason when committing 16 or more turnovers. When they commit 15 or fewer, they are 13-2.

That's an interesting stat.
I was hoping they'd keep turnovers around 12, which they did in Game 3?

NBA Finals MVP Ladder: Stephen Curry vaults to No. 1 with electric Game 4​

Could it be anyone else? Golden State's sharpshooter goes off for 43 points and seven 3-pointers to continue his torrid Finals.

The player who really surprises me as to how good he is , is Robert Williams lll. He is some big player who reminds me of Joel Embiid. He comes out of nowhere to block shots. He looked like he sustained a foot injury in the last game. I hope he plays at 100% in game 5

I also like Jalen Brown as MVP should the Celts win. If MVP was determined by only the first half of every game then Jason Tatum would be a shoe in. Tatum has to up his game in the second half as that lack of play on his part has cost the Celts......

Reactions: jerrybj and jadis
The player who really surprises me as to how good he is , is Robert Williams lll. He is sone big player who reminds me of Joel Embiid. He comes out of nowhere to block shots. He looked like he sustained a foot injury in the last game. I hope he plays at 100% in game 5

I also like Jalen Brown as MVP should the Celts win. If MVP was determined by only the first half of every game then Jason Tatum would be a shoe in. Tatum has to up his game in the second half as that lack of play on his part has cost the Celts......
At this point of the series, I cannot help but think about the stat that was talked about at the beginning of this matchup but no one in the shows have hence spoken about. That the Warrior players have logged in 123 games in the Finals, while the C's have zero. So these mistakes of the C's, specially I read mostly hurled on Tatum even by the diehard C's fans in the forums and social media sites, I would attribute to the zero experience in the big stage. The ball handling and the bad passes has been spotty, and in this Finals, his long shots have not been falling as they had in the Bucks and Heat series - some call it a slump. In contrast, Curry is now on his sixth finals, and throwing those 2 meters behind the arc 3 balls is like shooting a foul shot for him. He's really confident and best of all for his team and him, these incredibly long shots are falling in at a consistent rate. Luka, Trey Young, or Ja Morant, with all their equally long range, have not done it consistently, in the playoffs. I cannot think of any other way to slow down Curry except if there are 3 players on rotation doing a full court press on him from the other side of the court.

Last edited:
The player who really surprises me as to how good he is , is Robert Williams lll.

I'm struggling to find anyone with his combination of timing, athleticism, length, to block shots this consistently.
His block of Steph's runner was impossible.
Is he in his third year?

Hoping he continues his off-season improvement to become more of an offensive threat from 12-15'.
Imagine if he started hitting from the knuckle.
A left/right layup slipping past the help when he rolls or slips a screen.
Perhaps a push shot from the roll as well?

I'm struggling to find anyone with his combination of timing, athleticism, length, to block shots this consistently.
His block of Steph's runner was impossible.
Is he in his third year?

Hoping he continues his off-season improvement to become more of an offensive threat from 12-15'.
Imagine if he started hitting from the knuckle.
A left/right layup slipping past the help when he rolls or slips a screen.
Perhaps a push shot from the roll as well?
3rd year man. Has knee issues from draft day and missed some time in his young career as a Celtic. He's actually my favorite player as I like big men.

Win or lose, I'd be happy for Steph Curry to get MVP if he continues.
Well, even before the Finals begun, Vegas has him the favorite to win it.

I have a rule change for next season.

1. Obviously, I agree with changing the 'take foul,' which the league is in the process of doing.
Note: International FIBA rules have an unsportsmanlike foul, and a disqualification foul, similar to Flagrant 1 and 2.
One of the criteria for an unsportsmanlike foul is not attempting to play the ball.
Often take fouls do not play the ball in any way.
2. Teams allowed to review one out of bounds call per game within the last 5 mins of the fourth quarter or overtime.

Another idea I had, was every four years change the conferences to North/South.
Changing the matchups would be exciting.
Imagine the Kings and Golden State in the northern conference.

The Bulls would still have had to get past the Pistons, and we still would have had Magic v Bird.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
I have a rule change for next season.

1. Obviously, I agree with changing the 'take foul,' which the league is in the process of doing.
Note: International FIBA rules have an unsportsmanlike foul, and a disqualification foul, similar to Flagrant 1 and 2.
One of the criteria for an unsportsmanlike foul is not attempting to play the ball.
Often take fouls do not play the ball in any way.
2. Teams allowed to review one out of bounds call per game within the last 5 mins of the fourth quarter or overtime.

Another idea I had, was every four years change the conferences to North/South.
Changing the matchups would be exciting.
Imagine the Kings and Golden State in the northern conference.

The Bulls would still have had to get past the Pistons, and we still would have had Magic v Bird.
Agree with the out of bounds review. And I'd like to see the no talking to the refs implemented. I thought there was such a rule before, automatic T if you talk to the refs. After all, the refs are not going to change their calls by such 'talks'.

On a broader scale, I would like to see the salary cap rule strictly implemented with no luxury tax. The luxury tax simply allows owners who want to pay, pay. Sky can be the limit. I just found out not too long ago that there is such a thing as a 'repeat offender' luxury tax, aside from the luxury tax which is pegged at $136m while the salary cap stands at $112m. At the top of the list of the biggest spenders in the NBA is the Warriors. Their salaries total $176m and because of its repeat LT offender status, they are billed another $170m for a whopping total of $346m payment for its basketball fees, not even counting the coaches and other team expenses. Contrast that with the 7th team to pay the LT, the Sixers pay around $14m from a salary of $148m. 23 teams do not pay the LT. The top six are GS, Nets, LAC, MIL, LAL, and Utah.

Well the MVP only goes to a member of the winning team. I agree with Brown ahead of Tatum
It doesn't have to though.
I'd like to see the no talking to the refs implemented. I thought there was such a rule before, automatic T if you talk to the refs. After all, the refs are not going to change their calls by such 'talks'.

That's a good idea Phil. Players responding to referee decisions in such a demonstrative fashion needs to be eliminated from the game. It's not a good look for the sport. I'd hate to be refereeing or coaching a game where players did this.

A chat to the refs though is okay, doing so like reasonable people.

Reactions: jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing