New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

On a broader scale, I would like to see the salary cap rule strictly implemented with no luxury tax.
The Premier League has no salary cap. The richest get the best. And have the ability to stay that way. Consistently The Manchesters, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

What would that do to the NBA? Small market teams would have to overpay to compete? Or not even be in that conversation.
For example, if owners' pockets were deep enough imagine Portland or New Orleans being able to buy some 'top tier' talent, as well as next level support to go with Lillard and Simons, Ingram and McCollum (and perhaps Zion).

I've gone off track sorry. So your thinking Phil is that there become a hard cap that cannot be breached?

Last edited:
The Premier League has no salary cap. The richest get the best. And have the ability to stay that way. Consistently The Manchesters, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

What would that do to the NBA? Small market teams would have to overpay to compete? Or not even be in that conversation.
For example, if owners' pockets were deep enough imagine Portland or New Orleans being able to buy some 'top tier' talent, as well as next level support to go with Lillard and Simons, Ingram and McCollum (and perhaps Zion).

I've gone off track sorry. So your thinking Phil is that there become a hard cap that cannot be breached?
Not off track at all, Jerry. And that is precisely my point, if the richest get the best with no salary cap or they are able to pay the repeater's luxury tax aside from the luxury tax, then the small market of 'poorer' teams will never get the best, since the thinking goes, if a team pays for the best players, they have a great chance of winning. The deep pocket owners are already spending for top tier talents - LAL has their big 3 at $120m already, Brooklyn's big 3 at $110m and the Warriors' big 4 at $140m. My idea if that all teams cannot exceed the salary cap which is set this year at $112m. No one is allowed to go beyond that, as 23 teams apparently do not pay the luxury tax. They stay within the cap limit. That would really level the field and for me, then there is real parity in the league. The skyrocketing individual salaries have become ridiculous, imo. Bird, Magic and Jordan (until the last contract) were paid basically peanuts and nobody really dig their Converse shoes ads. :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: steve williams
That's a good idea Phil. Players responding to referee decisions in such a demonstrative fashion needs to be eliminated from the game. It's not a good look for the sport. I'd hate to be refereeing or coaching a game where players did this.

A chat to the refs though is okay, doing so like reasonable people.
I agree wholeheartedly but where do you draw the line between a friendly chat and an argument?

When the ref says it's enough/EOD?

My biggest beef this year is all of the stoppage of play by official time outs to review a play typically when there is contact with the face This interrupts the flow of the game as well as allowing players to refresh as they wait for the decision and it allows coaches to draw up plays. It has totally wrecked the fast pace of the game

Warriors dominate the first half as they held a 16 point lead and finished the half up y 10. The Celtics owned the 3rd period as Tatum finally got hot and the Celts were dropping 3's from everywhere for a 17 point turn around and lead by 5. Steph was shooting bricks from the 3 point zone but Wiggins steps up and carries the team for the win
Warriors to the finish line

Celtics once again turn over the ball too much and again stats show that when they turn over more than 16 times they always lose. Tonight was no exception

Warriors take a 3-2 lead in the series as they finish strong 104-94

Reactions: christoph
You thinking they could review these during a game break Steve?

At least the flow of the last 2 mins has improved.
Not sure what the answer is but the game changed a few years ago with Covid as there were always many official time outs which slowed the pace of the game. Any sort of face contact is automatically reviewed and these almost always seem to take 5 minutes for the refs to determine if there was a common foul or a flagrant foul

Warriors dominate the first half as they held a 16 point lead and finished the half up y 10. The Celtics owned the 3rd period as Tatum finally got hot and the Celts were dropping 3's from everywhere for a 17 point turn around and lead by 5. Steph was shooting bricks from the 3 point zone but Wiggins steps up and carries the team for the win
Warriors to the finish line

Celtics once again turn over the ball too much and again stats show that when they turn over more than 16 times they always lose. Tonight was no exception

Warriors take a 3-2 lead in the series as they finish strong 104-94
I always believed in Wiggins ;)
Very cool he steps up when Steph has one of his VERY rare lows
I'm glad he found the right team/coach to improve to his very big potential :cool:

Reactions: steve williams
I haven't watched past the first quarter yet.

No threes for Steph? Wow.
That's a rare finals occurrence.

So for Boston, protect home court and steal/take/own game 7.
That's possible.

I'm starting to think perhaps Boston doesn't have enough this year to win two of two.
And not solely because of their own making.
They have been taken out of their offense at times.

I haven't watched past the first quarter yet.

No threes for Steph? Wow.
That's a rare finals occurrence.

So for Boston, protect home court and steal/take/own game 7.
That's possible.

I'm starting to think perhaps Boston doesn't have enough this year to win two of two.
And not solely because of their own making.
They have been taken out of their offense at times.
I don't think the Warriors are going to sit back with the feeling that if they don't win 6 they still have game 7. To me the Warriors are going to the mats in Game 6 as I believe that if they don't win it in 6 anything is possible in game 7. I think the Warriors would rather win the title in Boston than take the chance of losing it at home in Game 7

I thought this was the biggest stat of the night........

Stephen Curry’s 233-game run of made 3-pointers ends in NBA Finals​

Curry, who was coming off a 43-point performance in Game 4, hadn’t gone without a 3-pointer in a game since Nov. 8, 2018.

• Sad
Agree whole heartedly Steve.
The Warriors will push to win Game 6.
They have two recent finals appearances with no ring to remember.

Boston has had leads in the 3rd quarter/4th quarter of their last two losses.
How to sustain these to the end of the game, is one hell of a challenge.

I'm not sure many teams would have got this out of Andrew Wiggins.
Don't think he believed it himself.
As I said: finally the right team/coach for Wiggins to improve and shine.
Win-win :D

Reactions: jerrybj
The point of view for Celtics fan should be this, that even had they won last night's game, then would still have to win Game 6 in Boston. So it's all about Game 6 now. And the 2-3 record is actually a refection of home teams winning their games going into game 6. That should be the mindset of Celtics fans rather than bashing all the Celtics players :D After all, they are a Cinderella team and the clock is near midnight :)

The point of view for Celtics fan should be this, that even had they won last night's game, then would still have to win Game 6 in Boston. So it's all about Game 6 now. And the 2-3 record is actually a refection of home teams winning their games going into game 6. That should be the mindset of Celtics fans rather than bashing all the Celtics players :D After all, they are a Cinderella team and the clock is near midnight :)
Game 6 will be a great game. The Celts need consistency. They have the talent but not the experience. However if they force a game 7 anything is possible.

To me it was a tribute to the Warriors team stepping up when Steph had an off night to pull off that win.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu