New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

All of this plus he's a down to earth genuine nice guy who lets his play on the floor do the talking and not his mouth. One of my all time favorites and will go down as the one of greatest shots the league has ever seen
I won't be surprised if he starts shooting at the mid court line and not at the round logo's end. :D He might be guilty of backing violation though if he has to juggle through back and forth for a step back. :D

• Haha
Reactions: christoph
Reactions: christoph and jadis
@phil

your morning read......

NBA Finals 2022: The Boston Celtics have the pieces and experience to avoid a one-and-done label

After the dust is settled, I have to say I am surprised at Tatum's last 3 games collapse. He would score big and with confidence against the likes of KD, Giannis and Butler but wilted in the last 3 games. That is baffling to me, how he suddenly lost his touch so quickly. Next year the C's still have to deal with him but something has to be corrected with Tatum's progress if they can still go deep in the playoffs. Otherwise, they will be one and done.

All of this plus he's a down to earth genuine nice guy who lets his play on the floor do the talking and not his mouth. One of my all time favorites and will go down as the one of greatest shots the league has ever seen
I agree wholeheartedly.
Who can not love Steph who loves Basketball?

• Haha
A question today? was if Boston can make another Finals in the next five years?
The answer is yes, they can.
But Al Horford will be gone.
And they'll need a point, so Marcus Smart can return to his strengths.
And maybe add 1-2 more serviceable bench players.

What gets in their way?
They will have to get past Milwaukee.
I see The Bucks as the most likely to return.
Brooklyn has that potential.
As does perhaps Philadelphia and Miami.

Atlanta, Charlotte, Toronto, Cleveland, Chicago rosters have some pieces to add.

A question today? was if Boston can make another Finals in the next five years?
The answer is yes, they can.
But Al Horford will be gone.
And they'll need a point, so Marcus Smart can return to his strengths.
And maybe add 1-2 more serviceable bench players.

What gets in their way?
They will have to get past Milwaukee.
I see The Bucks as the most likely to return.
Brooklyn has that potential.
As does perhaps Philadelphia and Miami.

Atlanta, Charlotte, Toronto, Cleveland, Chicago rosters have some pieces to add.
Many pundits were saying that the Celtics wouldn't get past a Bucks team with Middleton and a healthy Heat team. But they beat a healthy Nets team with Kyrie and KD, who didn't have Joe Harris. This young Celtics team had many runs at the eastern Finals but now they have their first experience at the Finals itself. Composure played a big part. They lost it in game 2 and to me that was the turning point in the finals. Had they played loose all throughout like they did in game 1 they would have shot better and more confidently. If they could trade for someone like Trae Young then they would have a true point guard and a half court shooter. That would really help. Their roster depth was good except in the last 3 games of Finals. Sadly, Al Horford may not taste his first title.

I believe Boston has a great future going forward but , the GSW are prepped to take their dynasty forward for years to come......the morning read

How the Golden State Warriors are preparing Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody to be the next generation of NBA champions

I believe Boston has a great future going forward but , the GSW are prepped to take their dynasty forward for years to come......the morning read

How the Golden State Warriors are preparing Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody to be the next generation of NBA champions

Warriors have good player development staff members. Proven for years.

I also read somewhere that the present Boston team is a semi clone of the Warriors, similar in building up the team through the draft, and developing young players, though I feel that the Celtics staff are not doing it fast enough. I almost wanted the C's to trade Grant Williams because he was too small to bang around with the big PFs.

and speaking of draft choices , the Lakers are doomed for years to come ......:eek:

The Lakers, however, won't be getting an infusion of young talent via the NBA Draft this year because... well, they don't have picks. Thanks to the Anthony Davis trade in 2019 and another cap-saving deal that same summer, the Lakers do not have a first-round or a second-round pick in the 2022 NBA Draft.

and great work to GM Pelinka.......

Four teams have zero draft selections this year: the Lakers, Suns, Jazz and Nets (following Brooklyn's decision to defer its acquisition of the 76ers' first-rounder to the 2023 NBA Draft). Below is a look at the selection order for the 2022 NBA Draft

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Am disappointed by the big hype around Zion only to see virtually nothing from him.

Am disappointed by the big hype around Zion only to see virtually nothing from him.
Totally agree Phil

So far a total bust due to being injury prone and sitting the bench while his weight spirals upwards

Reactions: jadis
Next season is just about to start.
I love this time of year.
Not sure of exact dates, but:

The draft.
Free agency.
Opting in or out.
Trades.

Trying to build a contender, strengthen a contender, stay under the luxury tax, remove busts.

On the news mill today. Kyrie to test free agency???, PJ Tucker opting out. Maybe PJ wants 12, and not 7.4

As for the salary cap it has become a laugh . Many of the owners aren’t multimillionaires but multibillionaires and it all boils down to winning the ring at whatever cost. So they will pay whatever it takes.
Nets owner
Clipps owner
Michael Jordan
ro name but a few

Next season is just about to start.
I love this time of year.
Not sure of exact dates, but:

The draft.
Free agency.
Opting in or out.
Trades.

Trying to build a contender, strengthen a contender, stay under the luxury tax, remove busts.

On the news mill today. Kyrie to test free agency???, PJ Tucker opting out. Maybe PJ wants 12, and not 7.4
Nets have 2 head cases in Kyrie and Simmons. KD is signed for 4 more seasons starting the next season. Kyrie has a player option. At this point, what team possibly will fit him? There was an article prior to the Finals that the 2 teams in the Finals were the ones Kyrie (Boston) and KD (GS) left to form a team to win the title, quick. For Kyrie to 'desert' KD would be a unthinkable at first, but now we know everything is possible with Kyrie. :D

• Haha
As for the salary cap it has become a laugh . Many of the owners aren’t multimillionaires but multibillionaires and it all boils down to winning the ring at whatever cost. So they will pay whatever it takes.
Nets owner
Clipps owner
Michael Jordan
ro name but a few
Totally agree, Steve. Can't say that any better than that. It was only in the Final that I sort of digested the meaning of the Repeat Offenders Luxury Tax. And I read it's going to be $2.5 to a dollar exceeded the cap. Indeed a total joke since the luxury tax was supposed to level the field with the small market teams. This season the ended, GS paid a total of $350m for basketball salaries with the LT, not even counting the coaches' and other expenses. That is far and away on top of the 2nd biggest spender. I think Nets and the Clips come next.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing