New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Stephen A suggests trading LeBron. That I'd really love to see happen. It's going to shake not only the basketball world, but shake LeBron himself.

Bring it on baby. I’ve been saying for two years I’d dump him

Reactions: christoph and jadis
does not make business sense to me.. How much revenue will he bring in closer to the point of being all time leading scorer? how many jersey and other stuff will he sell immediately after that?
If he was brought in by Magic Johnson and supported by Jeannie Buss to sell T shirts and memorablilia, then they probably shouldn't trade him and let him stay as asst. coach or asst GM (till he wants) where he excels at, hidden without the official title. :D

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams
does not make business sense to me.. How much revenue will he bring in closer to the point of being all time leading scorer? how many jersey and other stuff will he sell immediately after that?
Do I really care. The Lakers will take a decade to recover based on what he has done to the team. It’s all about him and his legacy

Bring it on baby. I’ve been saying for two years I’d dump him
I've heard that from you Steve for many many times. But Pelinka must have super iron cajones to do that in his face. Imagine a meeting one of one with Lebron with Pelinka telling him, 'I've decided to trade your to Charlotte, so that you can be under your long time idol MJ, you can win him a title, he's got none as a owner.' :D

• Haha
Reactions: christoph
And whoever takes in LeBron will have to sign him for an extension of about 3 years so he can play with his son. That's a good deal for LeBron. :D

And whoever takes in LeBron will have to sign him for an extension of about 3 years so he can play with his son. That's a good deal for LeBron. :D
I’ll say again. I’d dump LBJ, AD and Westbrook The lakers are going nowhere with them except selling tickets and merchandise

Reactions: jadis
Tell me I'm not dreaming. Either I am missing something or the Vegas oddsmakers as well as bettors are off their rockers while all of the Lakers are on their rockers.......

Bettors liking Los Angeles Lakers' title odds despite no big moves from the team

Tell me I'm not dreaming. Either I am missing something or the Vegas oddsmakers as well as bettors are off their rockers while all of the Lakers are on their rockers.......

Bettors liking Los Angeles Lakers' title odds despite no big moves from the team

Amazing.

Woj: Kevin Durant Trade Market 'Still Taking Shape,' Nets Trying to 'Outline' Package

Nets should logically take their time, as they 'own' the contracts and there is no no-trade clauses. Frankly I'd like them to ship these 2 demanding players to the worst lottery teams to get back their investments and aggravation. As the analysts said, the Nets followed everything that Kyrie and KD wanted, and just like that , they want out as if the Nets management is the super villain. I'm not a fan of the Nets but this time, I want to see them step on the gas and get their mileage.

Nets should logically take their time, as they 'own' the contracts and there is no no-trade clauses. Frankly I'd like them to ship these 2 demanding players to the worst lottery teams to get back their investments and aggravation. As the analysts said, the Nets followed everything that Kyrie and KD wanted, and just like that , they want out as if the Nets management is the super villain. I'm not a fan of the Nets but this time, I want to see them step on the gas and get their mileage.
What amazes me is that I read today that KD and Kyrie still want to play on the same team just not the Nets. Im wondering what team has the assets as wells the money to make that happen. It's never going o happen

What amazes me is that I read today that KD and Kyrie still want to play on the same team just not the Nets. Im wondering what team has the assets as wells the money to make that happen. It's never going o happen
I hope it doesn't. They must feel that power that they had in the locker room alley in the all-Star game to join up in Brooklyn somehow transformed them into super heroes with even more powers, to dictate what team they want, and to say that in that trade (KD's), he wants Butler, Lowry and Bam to be intact with the team before he gets shipped there. What? With that, I lose a lot of respect I had for KD, I mean, joining GS as a FA was his right and within the rules, but now, he, and his bff Kyrie are making the rules, against a team that paid them good money to play, not to order them around.

Reactions: steve williams
They turned the Nets into a sh—show, so why any team would want both of them, at enormous cost too, is beyond me. Sad too because Barclay is a great arena and there is certainly the fan base to support a competitive team w/o the crap KD and Kyrie have wrought.

On another topic, happy Bulls have re-signed Lavine. If they can get to the playoffs healthy next year, and further, if Patrick Williams develops, they can be a team you don’t want to play in the East.

I hope it doesn't. They must feel that power that they had in the locker room alley in the all-Star game to join up in Brooklyn somehow transformed them into super heroes with even more powers, to dictate what team they want, and to say that in that trade (KD's), he wants Butler, Lowry and Bam to be intact with the team before he gets shipped there. What? With that, I lose a lot of respect I had for KD, I mean, joining GS as a FA was his right and within the rules, but now, he, and his bff Kyrie are making the rules, against a team that paid them good money to play, not to order them around.
The league has changed a lot, hasn't it Phil. Gone are the days of a player being with one team his entire career. This is a classic case of the tail wagging the dog

The league has changed a lot, hasn't it Phil. Gone are the days of a player being with one team his entire career. This is a classic case of the tail wagging the dog
Really we miss those days of true professionalism. Players just played and showed their wares and we fans watched them for their skills in the hardcourt. Today they are all over and everywhere and every minute you hear and read things. And one of the most shocking things I ever come across is that Kyrie's opting in was made on Twitter, an utter slam and disrespect to his team. I mean, what does he think of 'teams'? As you said, Steve, the tail is wagging the dog. I'm with Stephen A all the way in his blasting of Kyrie for ruining the Nets. And for not playing and practicing, he expects a max contract extension? And then when the Nets don't give it to him, it's the Nets fault, and KD is dragged into the picture and they do a tag team to bring the Nets to its knees.

Really we miss those days of true professionalism. Players just played and showed their wares and we fans watched them for their skills in the hardcourt. Today they are all over and everywhere and every minute you hear and read things. And one of the most shocking things I ever come across is that Kyrie's opting in was made on Twitter, an utter slam and disrespect to his team. I mean, what does he think of 'teams'? As you said, Steve, the tail is wagging the dog. I'm with Stephen A all the way in his blasting of Kyrie for ruining the Nets. And for not playing and practicing, he expects a max contract extension? And then when the Nets don't give it to him, it's the Nets fault, and KD is dragged into the picture and they do a tag team to bring the Nets to its knees.
To me Stephen A is the only sportscaster that has his head screwed on right. He finally came out and said the Lakers are going nowhere and they need to trade LeBron. I was smiling ear to ear yesterday

Reactions: jadis and christoph
Bradley Beal inks a $251M contract which contains a true no trade clause, only the 10th in NBA history and LeBron ain't one of them. In fact Beal is the only active player with a no trade contract

• Wow
Bradley Beal inks a $251M contract which contains a true no trade clause, only the 10th in NBA history and LeBron ain't one of them. In fact Beal is the only active player with a no trade contract
He's very good, but it's a staggering sum for the Wizards to pay him.

• Wow
seems there is momentum to bring Kyrie to LaLa Land. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

San Antonio Spurs May Hold Keys to a Kyrie Irving-Russell Westbrook Trade

• Wow
seems there is momentum to bring Kyrie to LaLa Land. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

San Antonio Spurs May Hold Keys to a Kyrie Irving-Russell Westbrook Trade

I really cannot fathom why any team would take in Kyrie or Westbrook. One plays only when he wants to while the other plays but is very wayward in his plays. And both have very massive salaries, to add insult to injury.. I also cannot understand why a team like SA would take in Westbrook's contract just for picks, and then buy him out, for like 90% of his salary. It's actually very dangerous these days to sign max contracts for superstars like Beal and Zion only to have them one day say they do not want to play and be traded elsewhere. I think the CBA has created monsters in the playing field, players can do anything they want and the teams are even to be blamed if they do not 'cooperate' with the players.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing