New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

And as far as my comments about the Lakers.....once again they carried an 11 point lead against the Bucks through the first half only to give it all up in the 3rd and watch the Bucks coast to victory . I still see no way for the Lakers to get beyond the playin series (should they even be lucky enough to qualify. As I see it all of the teams presently in the 7-10 spots are all teams far better than the Lakers.

a good read summarizing all of the trades which took place before the deadline ..

2023 NBA Trade Deadline: Notes and numbers to know

With the 2023 trade deadline in the rearview mirror, here are all the numbers and notes that jump off the page as rosters are reconfigured.

Reactions: christoph
LeBron is a journeyman who will go anywhere to improve his legacy. I hope you prove to be correct but tonight's game will be a test of your comments. IMO there isn't a team in the league who can't beat the Lakers. They don't have the stamina of youth as typically is evident in the 4th period of every game And as far as playing defense, that isn't a word in their vocabulary. All IMO of course
The real test will be tomorrow when they have the full team. They have to go on a tear to even make the play in. 16-10 minimum. 18-8 would be better.

The real test will be tomorrow when they have the full team. They have to go on a tear to even make the play in. 16-10 minimum. 18-8 would be better.
Keep dreaming. The team will never have its dignity restored until the team is rid of Le Bron and a proper rebuild with draft choices and nurturing their young players rather than using them as pawns to "win now" which has always been the Lakers mantra

The tough have to get tougher in order to stay at the top...interesting read as there was unanimity amongst all sportscasters as to which teams fared the best albeit in a different order

Trending Topics: Who are Top 4 teams in East after trade deadline?

In the wake of the 2023 NBA trade deadline, which teams in the East stand out most after their moves?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jadis
LeBum wants his damned respect.
From everyone!!!!
And in a timely manner!
Contrast the face of AD and Kareem. Kareem was virtually forcing himself to smile and clap and cheer. AD was being himself. The game is about a team winning and losing, not a personal chase for stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting as the look on AD's face said it all. He had no idea what planet he was on.

As for Boston, they keep on winning. Last night was no exception. Watching them play they are like a well greased machine. Everyone knows their role and play it pefectly. There are many teams in the NBAwho are flashier and faster than the Celts but at the end of the day, the conference finals has to pass through Boston unless something unforeseen happens

Fabulous read

Resilient Celtics still finding ways to learn from Finals letdown​

Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and the rest of Boston's core are letting the sting of a 4-2 Finals loss in 2022 drive their focus.

Reactions: Steve Williams
Keep dreaming. The team will never have its dignity restored until the team is rid of Le Bron and a proper rebuild with draft choices and nurturing their young players rather than using them as pawns to "win now" which has always been the Lakers mantra
I'm relieved that there's someone out there more negative than me!

They have a lot of flexibility now. If some of the new guys work out, they are all re-signable. If not, they have 34M of cap space next season. I'm sort of hoping the new guys provide the depth and the outside shooting the Lakers need and while I'm not sure they can recover this year, there are some analysts that feel like this team could really gel next season. Vanderbilt is a very interesting piayer that could be a gem and Mo Bamba with some guidance could really blossom. Both are very cheap players. Pelinka has proven that the Lakers have the best front office in LA, which I wouldn't have said as recently as the offseason but the Clippers are awful and they are just as handcuffed as the Lakers with players that have unreliable health and then did nothing really at the deadline that will solve their chemistry issues. The fact that Rob was able to get out from under Russ with some good long term possibilities is pretty amazing especially considering no team is out there trying to help the Lakers get better.

I'm relieved that there's someone out there more negative than me!

They have a lot of flexibility now. If some of the new guys work out, they are all re-signable. If not, they have 34M of cap space next season. I'm sort of hoping the new guys provide the depth and the outside shooting the Lakers need and while I'm not sure they can recover this year, there are some analysts that feel like this team could really gel next season. Vanderbilt is a very interesting piayer that could be a gem and Mo Bamba with some guidance could really blossom. Both are very cheap players. Pelinka has proven that the Lakers have the best front office in LA, which I wouldn't have said as recently as the offseason but the Clippers are awful and they are just as handcuffed as the Lakers with players that have unreliable health and then did nothing really at the deadline that will solve their chemistry issues. The fact that Rob was able to get out from under Russ with some good long term possibilities is pretty amazing especially considering no team is out there trying to help the Lakers get better.
I think we are on the same page. My biggest gripe is that every year the Lakers trade to win. There is never such a thing as a rebuild like SAS this year. It’s all about winning now. They’ve shown they can’t win now. They have nothing left in their tanks come the 4th period.

I think that's the point of Russell. He can create his own shot so LBJ and AD don't have to work as hard on every possession and also the ability to kick out to Malik Beasley who is a career 38% 3 point shooter is likely to take some of that pressure off. But you are right, even though he looks as good as ever, in a 7 game series against a good team, LeBron will wear down from self imposed overuse.

I can promise you though, absolutely no one wants to play the Lakers in the post season because they are going to beat someone if they get in. They'll fall short of the conference finals but someone is going down before that.

They'll fall short of the conference finals but someone is going down before that.
well let's not put the cart before the horse. Im an ardent Lakers fan for well over 40 years First thing to notice is they are buried in 13th and showing no signs of improving. If they make into the playin round, I am not so sure that I agree with you because there are so many better teams than they are in those slots. I still maintain that there isn't a team in the league who can't beat the Lakers so as for surprises, I hope you're right

Wit LeBron out again. I’m not sure it even matters since without him I am sure we can agree that they aren’t going anywhere.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing