New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

wow @ Blazers - almost all 3 pt shots are going in.. 17 in the first half
Well the New Lakers showed up sans the old Laker LeBron in Portland and get beaten up by Lillard as they lose once again

127-115

Good to see D’Angelo Russell back in Lakers purple and gold as he was a big factor in the Lakers win tonight over the Pels 120-102
It was actually a half decent game on their part. Will they make it to the play in rounds .

Reactions: christoph
The reality however is they remain in 13 th place and 5 games under 500. However only 2 games out of play in round with 23 games left
Lakers now have a really nice core..... for next season. There are a number of teams that need to lose 2-3 games more than the Lakers for them to get into the play in. The math is really tough. They will need to go 17-6 at least and do it against a schedule that includes games against 10 really good teams.

Last edited:
Lakers now have a really nice core..... for next season. There are a number of teams that need to lose 2-3 games more than the Lakers for them to get into the play in. The math is really tough. They will need to go 17-6 at least and do it against a schedule that includes games against 10 really good teams.
I’m not so confident but I’m hoping you’re correct

Bucks peaking at the right time and on a 12 game win streak keeping them 1/2 game behind Celtics
But think about it. Bucks won the championship in probably the worst quality post season of our lives and they are the only team that's worse now than they were, except maybe the Heat (who are impossible to judge until the post season since Jimmy Butler is superman then).

Disclosure: I'm not a Giannis fan. I think he's not in the same league as Durant or Steph or LeBron or Jimmy Butler even. He can be stopped in the 4th quarter of a 7th game against a full strength team. A freak athlete for sure, but doesn't have the pure basketball skills and shot creating ability as those other guys.

I'm most impressed by
But think about it. Bucks won the championship in probably the worst quality post season of our lives and they are the only team that's worse now than they were, except maybe the Heat (who are impossible to judge until the post season since Jimmy Butler is superman then).

Disclosure: I'm not a Giannis fan. I think he's not in the same league as Durant or Steph or LeBron or Jimmy Butler even. He can be stopped in the 4th quarter of a 7th game against a full strength team. A freak athlete for sure, but doesn't have the pure basketball skills and shot creating ability as those other guys.
I'm very impressed with Middleton. Hard worker with no frills. Giannis is ok with me. The media doesn't play him up much which is a good thing and Adam Silver does not see him as the face of the NBA, though nobody will fit the bill as long as the king with an unseen crown isn't retired. Giannis proved himself in the Finals and he will be ever dangerous with a medium range elbow shot in perfection. Don't want to spice him up as they are Conference foes of the Celtics but to me, he's earned his trophies properly and naturally.

So Lakers have to go 17-6 to gain a berth in the play in.. And you really believe that can happen. FWIW 17-6 is a winning percentage better than the Celtics, Bucks and Nuggs have playing the entire season. I agree next year "might" be better but to me they are a dud this year

So Lakers have to go 17-6 to gain a berth in the play in.. And you really believe that can happen. FWIW 17-6 is a winning percentage better than the Celtics, Bucks and Nuggs have playing the entire season. I agree next year "might" be better but to me they are a dud this year
No, I don't believe it will happen.... although I also wouldn't be totally shocked if it did and the Lakers got to the conference semis before they lost. No one wants to play a team that has a healthy AD (and LeBron) with a bunch of outside shooting and a guard (or 2) that can penetrate and dish and athletes that can defend. That's how the won a championship. But I think they'll be exhausted from catching up, if they actually do make it in, and will run out of gas in the conference semis. The semis would potentially start 30+ games from now. When have those two guys been healthy for 30+ straight games? It's not happening, although I did bet a small amount at 15-1 that they make the finals just for fun! It was 35-1 before the trade. Damn.

No, I don't believe it will happen.... although I also wouldn't be totally shocked if it did and the Lakers got to the conference semis before they lost. No one wants to play a team that has a healthy AD (and LeBron) with a bunch of outside shooting and a guard (or 2) that can penetrate and dish and athletes that can defend. That's how the won a championship. But I think they'll be exhausted from catching up, if they actually do make it in, and will run out of gas in the conference semis. The semis would potentially start 30+ games from now. When have those two guys been healthy for 30+ straight games? It's not happening, although I did bet a small amount at 15-1 that they make the finals just for fun! It was 35-1 before the trade. Damn.
at least you're a realist

Everything you need to know the All Star week

Possible inductees to HOF this year......list looks good to me especially Pop

Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announces 12 finalists for Class of 2023

NBA legends Dirk Nowitzki Pau Gasol, Tony Parker and Dwyane Wade will be voted on for possible induction.

Reactions: jadis and christoph
Possible inductees to HOF this year......list looks good to me especially Pop

Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announces 12 finalists for Class of 2023

NBA legends Dirk Nowitzki Pau Gasol, Tony Parker and Dwyane Wade will be voted on for possible induction.

I really love the "German Wunderkind" :cool:
What a great guy and a wonderful player :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing