New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

well the two of you can say what you want but the playoffs predictably had upsets and cinderella teams emerged but the way I see things a Denver Miami finals will truly be David vs Goliath. and @JackD201 I believe that not only do the Heat match up well with Denver but I truly believe the series will go 6-7 games and I just feel the Heat are riding the wave and the momentum is in their favor.I believe the Heat can win it all. If so Jack ......tacos will be replaced by something else

well the two of you can say what you want but the playoffs predictably had upsets and cinderella teams emerged but the way I see things a Denver Miami finals will truly be David vs Goliath. and @JackD201 I believe that not only do the Heat match up well with Denver but I truly believe the series will go 6-7 games and I just feel the Heat are riding the wave and the momentum is in their favor.I believe the Heat can win it all. If so Jack ......tacos will be replaced by something else
I'm looking forward to seeing how Spo will make Murray score 15 points. I see Denver with better manpower but we have seen that is not a warranty of a win..

we all said at the beginning of this season that there will be surprises and this season has been filled with such. Denver as Jack says seems to be the odds on favorite to win it all but I a far from a Miami Heat fan but the way they have risen to the top of the heap in the playoffs has been remarkable and well coached. As a result I am going with the Heat to win the Big Dance. Their outside shooting is amazing (but then again Denver beat the Lakers in Game 3 with all outside shots and raining down threes' ) but I have to favor the underdog. Butler has made these playoffs one of the best in years

He finally saw the light......

NBA great Carmelo Anthony retires after 19 seasons

He finally saw the light......

NBA great Carmelo Anthony retires after 19 seasons

Pizza :D

Lakers started strong and lead by 15 in the 3rd only to give up 20’points. Denver continues to drill 3’s from everywhere
Jokic is an amazing player. The passing of the guard happened tonight as the Lakers season comes to an end and they go fishing

Final Denver wins the WC and goes to the Big Dance for first time ever as Jokic sinks the final basket

Denver 113-111

• Wow
Reactions: christoph
I watched this to half way through the third quarter.
Other than Reeves, where was the Lakers offense at the start of the second half?

They had Denver with a toe on their throat at half time.
Then lost the game in the first 6 mins of the second half.

Three turnovers, three missed layups. Other than Reeves, 1 of 9 from the field up to 4'17"

Should have played very considered for the first three mins of the half.
Kept a 15 point half time lead to double digits.
Go to LeBron, as that was working in the first half.

Last edited:
Heart warming moment. Jokic meets ex Nugget Mozgov. So humble.

I've never really been a fan of Miami.
But I do like the way they are playing.
And will be okay if they win it all.

Miami showing they are the team they believed they are.
Jimmy Butler is the one player above all others in this series I would like to be a champion.

Jokic's value is now only fully being recognised by many.
Porter Jnr was a very risky pick.
Jamal Murray and his path from injury to the Finals.
And Denver's first championship.
Fairytale stuff.
I could live with that.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for Denver to win it all for a decades now and I'm glad for them they are 4 games away. On paper, their roster is 'superior' to that of the Heat. Just look at the 3 other starters of Miami - Love, Vincent and Stus. While Nuggets have Porter, Aaron Gordon and Pope. Heat has Duncan and Lowry coming off the bench while Nuggets have Bruce Brown and Jeff Green. I notice Bruce and Jeff don't have to score a lot, but like 10 - 12 points each is a welcome sight. I don't have to belabor the point that Miami's outside shots are falling and I have not seen a game where they had a bad shooting night. That is their best chance against the Nuggets. Outside shots falling. Nuggets have their own array of shooters but not always in the 3 point line. The hurling up of 3s, and conversion, by Jokic is a dagger to opponents. He usually does that when the shot clock was running down and his shooting form , to me, is quite terrible. But doesn't matter how you skin the cat, as the saying goes. In looking forward to how Butler clamps Murray, that will be a matchup of the series.

I've been waiting for Denver to win it all for a decades now and I'm glad for them they are 4 games away. On paper, their roster is 'superior' to that of the Heat. Just look at the 3 other starters of Miami - Love, Vincent and Stus. While Nuggets have Porter, Aaron Gordon and Pope. Heat has Duncan and Lowry coming off the bench while Nuggets have Bruce Brown and Jeff Green. I notice Bruce and Jeff don't have to score a lot, but like 10 - 12 points each is a welcome sight. I don't have to belabor the point that Miami's outside shots are falling and I have not seen a game where they had a bad shooting night. That is their best chance against the Nuggets. Outside shots falling. Nuggets have their own array of shooters but not always in the 3 point line. The hurling up of 3s, and conversion, by Jokic is a dagger to opponents. He usually does that when the shot clock was running down and his shooting form , to me, is quite terrible. But doesn't matter how you skin the cat, as the saying goes. In looking forward to how Butler clamps Murray, that will be a matchup of the series.
Jack might win his pizza because the Nuggets played like true champions yesterday. Jokic is an amazing player the way he lunges and hobbles all over the court only to make a high rainbow shot over everyone and it swishes through with nothing but net. I can live with either as the NBA champs as both have earned great respect IMO ....I agree about the fire power of Denver and Porter's ability to make 3's in clutch moments but the heat have Butler and he has willed the Heat into the final round....or am I speaking prematurely as there is game 4 tonight

Reactions: jadis
Jack might win his pizza because the Nuggets played like true champions yesterday. Jokic is an amazing player the way he lunges and hobbles all over the court only to make a high rainbow shot over everyone and it swishes through with nothing but net. I can live with either as the NBA champs as both have earned great respect IMO ....I agree about the fire power of Denver and Porter's ability to make 3's in clutch moments but the heat have Butler and he has willed the Heat into the final round....or am I speaking prematurely as there is game 4 tonight
Not premature at all Steve. 130 - 0 for 3-0 leads in the NBA. But in Major League baseball, it has happened. 2004 Boston Red Sox over the Yankees. But baseball is not basketball. Although Miami's 3 point shooters can be like the home run hitters. No matter how good your defense is, the home runs will kill opponents. All Celtics fans in social media have given up. The credit goes to the Miami team for causing this. The only way Celtics win a game is when they hit their home runs.

Last edited:
FWIW, Lebron willl never earn another ring with the Lakers. His best and last chance came and went in the WC finals. He is an amazing player and built like a tank but last night he was no longer the king. He was missing everything including two shots in the final minute when he threw up 2 bricks. Yesterday I said there was a passing of the guard as the Lakers were crushed in the seconf=d half and it seems aLZeBron only has a half of a game where he can do what he wants but fatigue was written all over his face. AD IMO also does not have the stamina of a Jokic to play without fatigue. Lakers are going to have to rethink in the off season. I hope that LeBron sees the light and gives some thought to retirement or better yet maybe he will request a trade to the Mavs and keep Kyrie in Dallas

Reactions: jadis
Btw, I was guessing to myself that the last play of the Lakers with 4 seconds was a 3 ball by Reaves for the win. As armchair coach I'd do that.

Reactions: steve williams
And I just this read this. Perhaps LeBron is finally figuring that he might not be playing with Bronnie any time soon....20 and done ? I sure hope so or just as good, I hope he requests a trade

LeBron James won't commit to 21st season after Lakers swept

Lakers star LeBron James says he has 'a lot to think about' after his 20th NBA campaign comes to an unceremonious end.

Btw, I was guessing to myself that the last play of the Lakers with 4 seconds was a 3 ball by Reaves for the win. As armchair coach I'd do that.
I would have gone with Reaves as well for the final shot, plus he has a way of drawing a foul as he goes to the basket. Reaves has a bright future and my biggest fear is they will use him to trade for what they think is someone better. I see Russell getting traded again and possibly Schroder but please no Kyrie

Reactions: jerrybj and jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu