New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I actually like Udoka. Can't forget his statement when Celtics needed to lose a final regular season game to evade the Nets of KD and Kyrie. They won that last game.

"We're not running away from anybody."

Reactions: steve williams
I actually like Udoka. Can't forget his statement when Celtics needed to lose a final regular season game to evade the Nets of KD and Kyrie. They won that last game.

"We're not running away from anybody."
I thought Udoka was hired by the Rockets??

On the light side, and with the Lakers gone fishing and LeBron's hint at retirement, the following is the now the big news in LA...

The unprecedented preparation for Bronny James' arrival at USC

Mike D'Antoni is candidate again, for the Sixers....

"The 76ers will consider six candidates, including Nick Nurse, Sam Cassell, Frank Vogel, Monty Williams, Mike Budenholzer, and Mike D’Antoni. So far, Nurse has been rumored to be on the schedule for an interview, while Vogel completed his on Tuesday. "

I alnost threw up in my breakfast cereal and choked on my coffee. D'Antoni for me is like Doc, the classic coach who continues to play by old school. He knows nothing about defense and tries to always win by run and gun and try to outscore his opponent by one point for the win. I hated him more than I did Mike Brown when he was coach. Having said that I did express admiration for Brown's accomplishments with the Kings this year. For me D'Antoni drove Kobe into the ground in his incessant run and gun.

I still like Vogel and felt bad he was fired last year. He is a good coach and belongs somewhere in the NBA. I hope he lands a spot

Reactions: jadis
Stephen A for me always has some words of wisdom....I tend to agree with him on this one......

Stephen A. Smith Strongly Reacts To New Celtics-Ime Udoka Report​

I alnost threw up in my breakfast cereal and choked on my coffee. D'Antoni for me is like Doc, the classic coach who continues to play by old school. He knows nothing about defense and tries to always win by run and gun and try to outscore his opponent by one point for the win. I hated him more than I did Mike Brown when he was coach. Having said that I did express admiration for Brown's accomplishments with the Kings this year. For me D'Antoni drove Kobe into the ground in his incessant run and gun.

I still like Vogel and felt bad he was fired last year. He is a good coach and belongs somewhere in the NBA. I hope he lands a spot

Vogel is ok for me too, if the Celtics needs a new coach.

Stephen A for me always has some words of wisdom....I tend to agree with him on this one......

Stephen A. Smith Strongly Reacts To New Celtics-Ime Udoka Report​

The misfortune of the Celtics for having an off court scandal rock their newly appointed coach who took them to 2 games away from a banner. I'm feeling I wished the scandal was handled more quietly. I feel for the players.

Phil....I don't why but I feel the Celts will win tonight and force a game 6
I hope, Steve. But they've fared badly at home this playoffs. And I can't bear to watch them lose in their home court so I'll chill out somewhere till the game is over. A local Celtics fan told me he wished the Celts lost game 4 because he couldn't stand to watch them lose game 5 at home. I told him I can not stand a sweep because they're be ridiculed till the end of time. Swept by an 8th seed and crew of overachieving undrafted players. Well, if I'm playing armchair locker room voice, I'll tell the players from the start you needed to win 4 games anyway. The only difference now is that your can't lose any more games. You have to atone for your first 3 losses. One game at a time and hope to survive for another game. I heard Red Sox people are giving them inspiration. Who would have thought they would beat the Yankees after 0-3 in 2004. That's all for inspiration and the Celtics need any they can get.

Last edited:
I hope Steve. But they've fared badly at home this playoffs. And I can't bear to watch them lose in their home court so I'll chill out somewhere till the game is over. A local Celtics fan told me he wished the Celts lost game 4 because he couldn't stand to watch them lose game 5 at home. I told him I can not stand a sweep because they're be ridiculed till the end of time. Swept by an 8th seed and crew of overachieving undrafted players. Well, if I'm playing armchair locker room voice, I'll tell the players from the start you needed to win 4 games anyway. The only difference now is that your can't lose any more games. You have to atone for your first 3 losses. One game at a time and hope to survive for another game. I heard Red Sox people are giving them inspiration. Who would have thought they would beat the Yankees after 0-3 in 2004. That's all for inspiration and the Celtics need any they can get.
I saw that World Series and remember it well

It would be epic to see the Celts win it and then beat the Nuggets which IMO would be an even bigger turn around than what the Heat did this playoff season. I still think it unlikely but what a shame if they win the next 2 and lose game 7

I saw that World Series and remember it well

It would be epic to see the Celts win it and then beat the Nuggets which IMO would be an even bigger turn around than what the Heat did this playoff season. I still think it unlikely but what a shame if they win the next 2 and lose game 7
Exactly my feelings. They need to have some pride and correct their past lost games. They know why they lost by now. Each game is a Chance.

Imo, if each Celtic on the floor players gritty defense on every possession of Miami, they can and will win. Cause more turnovers. That's what they did last game. It's the key. Nobody can engage the Heat in a 3 point shootfest. Not even the Nuggets. They have more long range shooters than any team I can remember. Grant Williams is a key reserve. I think he's learned his lesson not to play ball with his mouth. It's a learning experience for this young squad.

IF.....and it's a very big IF.....the Celts indeed force and win a game 7, I believe the very long layoff for Denver could come back to bite them...Heck I have a pizza on the line with Jack

• Haha
I know you’re sleeping Phil but when you wake up
heres the first nugget

At the half Boston leads 61-44 ( Boston had as much as a 20 point lead)
Celtics are raining 3’s from everywhere

Reactions: christoph
Well Phil the Celts scorched the heat tonight as they could do no wrong snd went from buzzer to buzzer and force a 3rd elimination game Saturday at Miami
Boston lead by as many as 24

Final Boston 110-97

Reactions: christoph
I know you’re sleeping Phil but when you wake up
heres the first nugget

At the half Boston leads 61-44 ( Boston had as much as a 20 point lead)
Celtics are raining 3’s from everywhere
Well Phil the Celts scorched the heat tonight as they could do no wrong snd went from buzzer to buzzer and force a 3rd elimination game Saturday at Miami
Boston lead by as many as 24

Final Boston 110-97
Thanks for the updates, Steve. A good morning here indeeds. I tuned in at with 4 minutes to go. Gonna watch the replays in a while.

That is HOW they should play. Full throttle on both ends. And don't be shy on the 3s.

Series now 3-2 and game 6 is pivotal now for both teams. I believe tonight we saw the real Celtics. If they win game 6 I believe they can be the greatest comeback team in the NBA .

Reactions: christoph and jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu