New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Series now 3-2 and game 6 is pivotal now for both teams. I believe tonight we saw the real Celtics. If they win game 6 I believe they can be the greatest comeback team in the NBA .
I see the 2 wins as games of redemption. To make up for what they did not do right. It's not about winning four in a row but 1 at a time and hopefully to make a winning streak, otherwise, they'll be gone. I checked the box scores and see 4 C's in the 20+ points. Always a positive sign. And aggressive D for forced many turnovers. That's another plus.

Phil if it gets to a game 7, let's watch it together. I'll ready a brown paper bag so you won't hyperventilate LOL

Phil if it gets to a game 7, let's watch it together. I'll ready a brown paper bag so you won't hyperventilate LOL
Thanks Jack, but you know I can't. LOL ! Let the greens win another one first.

All I wanted to see is the Celtic pride present on these guys. Translates to diving for loose balls, sliding, blocking, stealing, etc. I always equate that Celtic pride to one man - John Havlicek. Havlicek steals the ball!. Oh man, why do I have to undergo these cardiac moments. My wife and daughter are just out there shopping. :D

Pizza on the line here.

The Celtics were a totally different team than they have been through most of this series. Yes 4 scorers with 20+ ad they were energized at both ends of the court. I feel at 3-2 Coach Mazzulla has redeemed himself regardless of what the outcome is but I see it as a possibility. Keep the faith Phil

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Pizza on the line here.

The Celtics were a totally different team than they have been through most of this series. Yes 4 scorers with 20+ ad they were energized at both ends of the court. I feel at 3-2 Coach Mazzulla has redeemed himself regardless of what the outcome is but I see it as a possibility. Keep the faith Phil
Steve, I agree with you on Mazulla. He was humble after the game 3 loss and said it was all on me. That was a big statement and gesture, for the players. All I had wanted was not to be swept. The roster that Brad built ( I truly commend him on that, as I never expected he could do this as a first time GM, my apologies, Brad) is not 'deserving' be a broom team. Joe has instilled the players to give their best, in defense specially, anticipating passes and making steals. That is how they control the Miami offense, don't let them have the ball. Past 2 games, they limited Miami to under 100. That is the result of great D. The Celtics fan world now see this as 2-3, and not as 150-0 on 0-3 starts. It is big upgrade. :)

Pizza on the line here.

I need to review the details of the Pizza wager. :D

I like Kevin Harlan of TNT a lot. His voice got that passion, maybe a tad more than Mike Breen. His play by play runs can feel like piercing arrows, depending of which team you root for. :D

I liked what Kenny Atkinson did with the Nets.
So far he has resisted taking on a team as head coach again.
Agreed, I think Atkinson did a terrific job w/the Nets, but was somehow deemed a coach who couldn't handle superstars w/the arrival of KD and Kyrie. He'll do a good job wherever he lands.

Very excited here; Game 6 of the Miami/Boston series.
30-ish minutes away.

17ºC outside on an autumn day.
Wondering if I can ignore the outside chores (and the day), and indulge in the game live...

For Miami, Jimmy and Bam have to find their rhythm.
The only way for them to win.
Limit their turnovers, and contest the three.
And get back to playing with the belief in themselves that got them here.

If anyone had asked Miami last year if they'd like to have a home Game 6 up 3-2 in the Conference Finals, there would be no hesitation in the answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph
What a finish. Celtics get overtaken but rally to take a 10 point lead. Heat and Butler close it to within one point with less than a minute in the game. With 2.1 seconds left and a Celtics 102-100 lead the Heat are fouled and Butler shoots 3 and makes 3 to take lead 103-102 with 3 seconds in the game.
Boston inbounds the ball and at the buzzer White sinks the basket to win 104-103 and force game 7

Reactions: christoph and jadis
aka holy sh-t!

Reactions: christoph
I think the Nuggets take out either of these teams. Anyone disagree?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu