New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Not premature at all Steve. 130 - 0 for 3-0 leads in the NBA. But in Major League baseball, it has happened. 2004 Boston Red Sox over the Yankees. But baseball is not basketball. Although Miami's 3 point shooters can be like the home run hitters. No matter how good your defense is, the home runs will kill opponents. All Celtics fans in social media have given up. The credit goes to the Miami team for causing this. The only way Celtics win a game is when they hit their home runs.

Or an injury to a critical player

Reactions: jadis
And I just this read this. Perhaps LeBron is finally figuring that he might not be playing with Bronnie any time soon....20 and done ? I sure hope so or just as good, I hope he requests a trade

LeBron James won't commit to 21st season after Lakers swept

Lakers star LeBron James says he has 'a lot to think about' after his 20th NBA campaign comes to an unceremonious end.

He said it's championship or bust. That's a very tall order. At his age. The stars have to align for that to happen. Denver is just having their first finals. Last was in 1976, when they were still in the ABA.

Good game at Miami as the Celtics delay the inevitable and force a game 5

Final Celtics 116-99

But can they do it three more times
They finally played offensively the way they are capable of playing. And they played liked the 8th seed. More grit and more focus both ends. At this point I'm sure they are not thinking of anything but win another game , which is at home where they have not won any yet. But there is such a thing as law of averages. Hope it works this time. When Smarts hits his 3 balls, that is usually a good sign.

Reactions: christoph
what if....what if.... Celts fight back to tie 3-3 and final game is in Boston. The epic come back.
Anything is possible. This is the type of game the C's play all year. The saving grace is that they did not get swept or this will be one of the most embarrassing series in Celtics history. They owe the fans to win a game in the Boston TD Garden. 2-3 suddenly looks like an acceptable figure. Celtics hit 18 3's against the Heat's 10. To me it is a barometer in this league. It is hard to defend against 3 balls because mostly players think the shooter won't shoot from that far so there is some spacing. And you don't want to foul for 3 shots or worse, a 4 point play. It has become a major bread and butter in the NBA, so you just gotta perfect it.

Everyone in the TNT panel feels the Celtics were not the Celtics they know in Games 1 to 3. This is the kind of performance they did against Philly and even at last year's playoff onwards to the Finals. It's mind boggling. Coach needed to fix some flaws in the players which is when they complain too much at both ends and lose focus of the game. And Grant is the kind of Grant in last year's playoffs. He can hit the big buckets. And he actually blocked a face to face move of Butler. He should just refrain from trash talking a play his game. Ironically, Boston has been spoiled by its riches , in the bench. They have a 6th man who earns $26m (from a past contract) whom Joe is 'forced' for play as 6th because he won't give up Smart and White as starters. Grant and the other Williams are then made to compete for playing time. Pritchard should have been the 9th man on the rotation but Joe has a problem with integrating him with his 3 guards. To me, Pritchard can easily be their Vincent or Strus. He has played in the Finals too and scored. The only other going against him is that he was drafted. :D

And also wonder how deep Boston's disrespect for their coach runs.
After 1 win. Maybe lessened by 50%..if they win game 5, lessened by another 25%. Win game 6 the respect is back to 100%
Win game 7, it's not about respect anymore. Coach will be on the Guinness Book. It's now about winning and winning and winning. Forget the losses. :D

we'll the suggested coaching changes have begun.
After 1 win. Maybe lessened by 50%..if they win game 5, lessened by another 25%. Win game 6 the respect is back to 100%
Win game 7, it's not about respect anymore. Coach will be on the Guinness Book. It's now about winning and winning and winning. Forget the losses. :D
Not sure I by this story but if true and if Celtics lose Mazzulla might be sent fishing

we'll the suggested coaching changes have begun.

Not sure I by this story but if true and if Celtics lose Mazzulla might be sent fishing
If Boston loses, Mazulla would mostly be fired.

The lost in trust on Mazulla was not heard of in the Hawks and Sixers series. It's the first 3 games that trust issues began to float.

and so it has begun.......
IMO it is time for Doc to retire. he is a reflection of things past in the NBA. I don't believe his style and demand that he only coach a winning team has put him far behind what coaches are doing in opresent day. Doc had his run as a player and as a coach. He should look for a management position or just retire. I favor Nurse over Doc for the Suns

Sources: Doc Rivers, Nick Nurse in final 4 to interview for Suns job

and so it has begun.......
IMO i5 is tie for Doc to retire. he is a reflection of things past in the NBA. I don't believe his style and demand that he only coach a winning team has put him far behind what coaches are doing in opresent day. Doc had his run as a player and as a coach. He should look for a management position or just retire. I favor Nurse over Doc for the Suns

Sources: Doc Rivers, Nick Nurse in final 4 to interview for Suns job

Agree that he should retire. But as long as teams are calling him more interviews, he'll be open to them. It's the age of the $$$$. :D I'm surprised why teams even call him.

If Mazulla gets fired, I'd wish they get Bud, ex Bucks coach.

Reactions: steve williams
If Mazulla gets fired, I'd wish they get Bud, ex Bucks coach.
Im not so sure about him either Phil. He has been COTY followed by 2 quick exits from the next 2 years of playoffs. I like him and find his affect with the team excellent but I do believe the position of coaching in this league has now come to mean a different type, one who is younger and who has played, I believe Monty would be best for the Celtics or the Bucks and Nurse a close second. This coaches who have seen the light are all on ABC, TNT, ESPN etc as color commentators and making big $$$ with no need for any more locker room drama. I thought the same fate would await Darvin Ham after the Lakers started 2-10 this season but he found a way to their ears affected their play in a positive way

Reactions: jadis
Thibs is on the boat as he was the assistant of Doc in 2008 and failed to deliver in Chicago. No news the Knicks are about to fire him. Though for the Knicks, this year's outcome would have been called good.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu