New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Anything is possible.
That was shown in spades these past 3 games. One more win will be history making. The Red Sox did it one year against the Yankees. I feel this is the year it will happen in the NBA

Reactions: jadis
I'm surprised too at the pressure packed execution of a play by the Celtics with 3 seconds to go. Down by 1 and
Smart took a 3. That's the only pass available to prevent a turnover. That he almost made the shot is equally amazing. And White becomes a hero in Celtics lore.

Reactions: steve williams
If there is an unknown, to me it will be the 3 days of rest the EC champ gets before facing Denver. Im hoping there have some gas in the tank to make for another stellar Finals. OTOH Denver will have had a 10 day rest and sometimes that also works against a team. Either way and whomever the opponent I think it will be a great series. Jokic is so impossible to stop and Murray et al can make shots from anywhere the court..

We all suspected this year would be filled with surprises. We haven't been disappointed

For once, the Celtics won a game where they lost big in 3 points shootout. 42-21. They dug up their points in life 2 point zone with extra effort, the old school higher percentage shots. This game really could have gone either way.

Unfortunately, I have to pass at watching the live game with Jack. I'm way past these roller coaster games. I understand Jack will be rooting for a Miami loss because he wins the pizza wager if Miami is eliminated. Jack already has a plate of fish tacos as accounts receivable, if I'm not mistaken. :D

If there is an unknown, to me it will be the 3 days of rest the EC champ gets before facing Denver. Im hoping there have some gas in the tank to make for another stellar Finals. OTOH Denver will have had a 10 day rest and sometimes that also works against a team. Either way and whomever the opponent I think it will be a great series. Jokic is so impossible to stop and Murray et al can make shots from anywhere the court..

We all suspected this year would be filled with surprises. We haven't been disappointed
Totally agree, Steve. This season's playoffs is very memorable. And we're not even in the Finals.

• Love
This game really could have gone either way.
So true. When the Celtics were up by 10 in the final few minutes I smiled and said the seriese was going to a game 7. Suddenly the Heat came within one and then they took a one point lead with 3 seconds to go and the final play will go doewn in basketball lore

To relieve some tension, I've taken to be entertained by the ongoing tiff between Stephen A and JJ Reddick. I've always thought that JJ is a level headed analyst but maybe Stephen A may have gotten in to his nerves. :D

To relieve some tension, I've taken to be entertained by the ongoing tiff between Stephen A and JJ Reddick. I've always thought that JJ is a level headed analyst but maybe Stephen A may have gotten in to his nerves. :D
I haven't heard that feud but to me Stephen A . although a show man,, always finds a way to say things that are not only understandable but make perfect sense.

as an aside Phil. I was stunned that the lakers started so feeble and made their run after the trade deadline to finish the season in the top 4 teams was something totally unexpected, but much appreciated by their fans. So what happens next year as IMO this was James last chance as a Laker to win a ring. I sure wish he would retire but along comes this....

The three free agency paths the Lakers can take this offseason

This posted 3 days ago, JJ said something personal about Stephen A not having played the game, but he later on apologized to Stephen A.

• Haha
I think the topic was about Lebron's future.

as an aside Phil. I was stunned that the lakers started so feeble and made their run after the trade deadline to finish the season in the top 4 teams was something totally unexpected, but much appreciated by their fans. So what happens next year as IMO this was James last chance as a Laker to win a ring. I sure wish he would retire but along comes this....

The three free agency paths the Lakers can take this offseason

Steve, I've always felt the Lakers' run after the trade deadline was incredible. It was like flipping a light switch to jell 4 or 5 new players into the team. It was a great job by Pelinka.

Steve, I've always felt the Lakers' run after the trade deadline was incredible. It was like flipping a light switch to jell 4 or 5 new players into the team. It was a great job by Pelinka.
you know my feelings about Pelinka but having said that he did really pull a rabbit out of his hat this year and redeemed himself in my eyes

I'm not sure I can survive attending these watch parties but if the outcome is final I'll be glad to be there. :D

here are the Vegas odds Phil.......

Despite having their backs against the wall down 0-3, the Celtics are solid favorites at home in Game 7 after winning the past three games to tie the series. The Celtics opened as 8.5-point favorites vs the Heat in Game 7 at FanDuel, with the over/under opening at 203.5 total points

• Wow

Inside The NBA: Celtics Can Make Historic 3-0 Comeback Reality

Listen to Sir Charles.....who seems to be calling the Heat. Chuck makes a lot of sense

Personally Im betting that history will be made. If not then it's all meaningless

I’ll take the Heat tomw. What do you all think?

Listen to Sir Charles.....who seems to be calling the Heat. Chuck makes a lot of sense

Personally Im betting that history will be made. If not then it's all meaningless
Barkley is worried about the stretches where the Celtics would give up a medium sized lead. With Miami, only a 20 point lead with 3 minutes is a bit safe. Why Miami is scary is that Spo is a master of scraping a small to medium sized lead with a few minutes left. Barkley should know the Game 6 comeback in Miami against the Spurs. The trophy was already wheeled into courtside. Under a minute and lead was 5. Spo ordered take fouls on Kawhi and Manu who both split their free throws. You gotta have some luck. And next play down by 3 LeBron missed a 3 and Bosh was in that spot where the ball bounced and passed it to Allen for a corner 3. You gotta have luck. Against any team, Miami will use this and not give up. And they have their squadron of 3 ball hitters to narrow a big lead too. It's grind down basketball at its finest. Celtics need to invoke true leadership in these times. A Mr. CLUTCH.

Last edited:

Personally I'm happy at this point, win or lose. The sentiments of not getting swept was happy enough for me. It's all up to the players. :D

• Wow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu